Tonight I Lost My BJJ Virginity(meaning I rolled for the first time. nothing else.)

Ninja This

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If you don't care about our first day curriculum then scroll down to the big bold letter

Jogging around the wrestling room (which I missed because of the damn train and its lateness)

Group stretches

Technique drills. the room was divided into the "I've been doing this for a while" side and the "How do I shot takedown?" side.

Idk what the experienced guys were doing but we drilled a sweep where one guy stuffs a takedown and takes the back except on the side with over under control instead of going for back mount.(side control except the guy on the bottom is rolled over. idk what to call that so help me out)

From there the guy on bottom either took the top man's arm and swept him or if that wasn't and option he went for a kimura from the bottom.

From there the one being kimura'd would roll assuming he had the stamina for it (my partner did not unfortunately) at which point the guy who was on bottom needs to maintain his grip and complete his sweep, step over the head to create room and crank (gently) until the tap.

Then the experienced guys had a "try to pass in 1 minute" drill followed by free sparring.

Then the best part: the experienced guys lined up and took on the noobs one after the other.

My guy was crazy strong and big and on the wrestling team. At one point I thought I stuffed his takedown but he just lifted me Matt Hughes style.

Long story short I got americana'd after he mounted me. I flipped him over at one point but he still had my arm caught in that beefy vice grip so he used that to force me to arch in the direction he was cranking until we was back in full mount. Once he pulled my arm out from between our torsos (the only thing that had been saving me up to that point) it was all over and I had to tap.

I feel sorry for the guys that didn't have the stones to step up. Even in what was 95% being dominated I was having the time of my life.

BJJ is for me.

Last edited:
Acknowledge me damn it!

I could have made this thread about why (insert martial art) is so very superior to (insert martial art) you should be happy =P

Sweet, keep training dude.......I am about 3 months into it and I used to grapple crazy... Then I got armbared and I have a nice annoying tweak in my elbow that refuses to go away. Last night I got gi-choked from the guard and my ear hurts this morning because of that..... I calmed down alot since I first started and I mainly focus on techniques and escapes especially....I realize if I spaz, the other belted guys have no choice but to grapple as hard as me and I will get hurt.........

Glad you discovered the awesomeness that is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu!

Train hard bro.

From the title I thought this was going to be a third hook from the back mount story.

But good job getting out there bro. Your first class is the most important step.

From the title I thought this was going to be a third hook from the back mount story.

But good job getting out there bro. Your first class is the most important step.

Me too, although he never denied that also happened.

So tell me, which one of the guys got the 3rd hook in?

acknowledge me damn it!

I could have made this thread about why (insert martial art) is so very superior to (insert martial art) you should be happy =p

lmfao

Congrats man, I'm in my first week as well and so far it brings me nothing but happiness to be tapping out every other minute. All the advice I read on here was just about correct, learn to survive, keep everything tight and try not to stay flat on your back. This morning I was actually able to pass a guard into side control, but again couldn't do too much from there as it was my first time actually passing guard. I'm hooked!

Yesterday, I rolled after class with a guy who was just starting out. I started in his guard. He held on and held on until I broke his closed guard. He got up and said, "damn I really thought I could hold on longer, good roll", and went to walk away thinking that he lost. I pulled him back and gave him a few pointers... :)

Good stuff. Glad you enjoyed your first class, keep at it, and keep up with the positive attitude.

Me too, although he never denied that also happened.

So tell me, which one of the guys got the 3rd hook in?

congratulations

did you bleed?

So you got oil checked, huh?

It took me a good 15 minutes to think to figure out what you guys are probably referring to and NO that did not happen.

I was actually afraid if being the one to do that especially depending on who I got paired with

I'm gonna go ahead and keep my choice of words ambiguous to frustrate people that don't know the lingo :icon_twis

You mean noone gave you the rear naked poke? I guess they didn't find you attractive.:icon_cry2

So I'll attempt to give this thread a little direction now:

On my first day I relished every drill but my favorite part was going toe to toe (then shortly chest to chest) with someone I knew was going to beat me but every moment I stayed calm and positive without much effort. At not point did it feel like a chore

Did any of you have or witness attitude issues during class?

So I'll attempt to give this thread a little direction now:

On my first day I relished every drill but my favorite part was going toe to toe (then shortly chest to chest) with someone I knew was going to beat me but every moment I stayed calm and positive without much effort. At not point did it feel like a chore

Did any of you have or witness attitude issues during class?

Nope. Most people who give attitude or go way to hard just get treated like shit and have the shit beat out of them and don't come back after the first week.

Lost your BJJ virginity?

For a sec, I thought that meant that you rolled with Jon Fitch.

If you don't care about our first day curriculum then scroll down to the big bold letter

Jogging around the wrestling room (which I missed because of the damn train and its lateness)

Group stretches

Technique drills. the room was divided into the "I've been doing this for a while" side and the "How do I shot takedown?" side.

Idk what the experienced guys were doing but we drilled a sweep where one guy stuffs a takedown and takes the back except on the side with over under control instead of going for back mount.(side control except the guy on the bottom is rolled over. idk what to call that so help me out)

From there the guy on bottom either took the top man's arm and swept him or if that wasn't and option he went for a kimura from the bottom.

From there the one being kimura'd would roll assuming he had the stamina for it (my partner did not unfortunately) at which point the guy who was on bottom needs to maintain his grip and complete his sweep, step over the head to create room and crank (gently) until the tap.

Then the experienced guys had a "try to pass in 1 minute" drill followed by free sparring.

Then the best part: the experienced guys lined up and took on the noobs one after the other.

My guy was crazy strong and big and on the wrestling team. At one point I thought I stuffed his takedown but he just lifted me Matt Hughes style.

Long story short I got americana'd after he mounted me. I flipped him over at one point but he still had my arm caught in that beefy vice grip so he used that to force me to arch in the direction he was cranking until we was back in full mount. Once he pulled my arm out from between our torsos (the only thing that had been saving me up to that point) it was all over and I had to tap.

I feel sorry for the guys that didn't have the stones to step up. Even in what was 95% being dominated I was having the time of my life.

BJJ is for me.

You took a class? Cool.

We've had like 20 people in the last couple months who have taken A class. A few took more than one. Even fewer still have been in regularly.

Don't get me wrong, that's the only way to start... but until you've been going regularly for a few months, it doesn't mean much. Give us another update on your 3-month anniversary class. We'll see if you make it there.

You took a class? Cool.

We've had like 20 people in the last couple months who have taken A class. A few took more than one. Even fewer still have been in regularly.

Don't get me wrong, that's the only way to start... but until you've been going regularly for a few months, it doesn't mean much. Give us another update on your 3-month anniversary class. We'll see if you make it there.

You're on.

Back