Toney is training serious for Couture

Excellent post, Kid.

In 1993 if they had of somehow just thrown Evander Holyfield, Alexander Karelin and Rickson Gracie into the tournament instead of Royce and assorted bums, I dare say we wouldn't even have the sport of MMA.

WTF lol? You guys are hilariously retarded.

hold on... HOLD ON there!

Frank Dux was a big fake yes, but Barton-Wright and Bruce Lee had genuine skills and could actually fight.

Barton-Wright in particular may have been the first MMAist in the sense that he knew both Western and Eastern styles of fighting.

...And Rickson could fight too. Most likely better that Lee and Barton-Wright could (though that

The odds in this fight are ridiculous...

Last I checked, I think Couture is -650.

I imagine as the fight gets closer the odds will drop...

but everyone should drop some money on Toney. Toney has 70 + fights in boxing and has been with the best...he's past his prime but he still has quick, accurate hands (by MMA standards).

I love Randy Couture but he's a shell of his former self and I just don't see him being able to secure that take down and accomplishing the "ground and pound."

It's going to be a sad day for Captain America for it's going to be "Lights out" for him.

The odds in this fight are ridiculous...

Last I checked, I think Couture is -650.

I imagine as the fight gets closer the odds will drop...

but everyone should drop some money on Toney. Toney has 70 + fights in boxing and has been with the best...he's past his prime but he still has quick, accurate hands (by MMA standards).

I love Randy Couture but he's a shell of his former self and I just don't see him being able to secure that take down and accomplishing the "ground and pound."

It's going to be a sad day for Captain America for it's going to be "Lights out" for him.
Yeah these are pretty good odds if you want to put up some money.

James is not a KO artist at HW Boxing but this is MMA gloves and a chinny Couture we are talking about, he was getting dropped by Nog. So I can see a KO happening if Toney connects solid.

This shouldn't go past round 1, either Toney puts Randy's lights out or Randy gets the TD and subs Toney but I think its likely that the former will happen.

Any videos of Toney working on his TD and grappling?

Anyway these are pretty good odds if you want to bet on Toney.

The biggest problem I see is that Toney is training BJJ when he should be focusing on wrestling.

All this 6 month BJJ crash course is going to do is make him feel he actually has a chance if the fight hits the ground...

he doesn't.

If he can't keep this fight on the feet he's going to be Randy's bitch.

You guys do realize that without boxing gloves Toney's punching power will go down at around 25%?

Randy's chin went up 25%, but still sucks.

I'm aware of that, also aware that considering the punch which Lesnar used to drop him he (Toney) likely only needs a glancing blow to the top of the head to drop Couture.

2Lesnardropscouture.gif

I'm aware of that, also aware that considering the punch which Lesnar used to drop him he (Toney) likely only needs a glancing blow to the top of the head to drop Couture.

2Lesnardropscouture.gif

A shot behind the ear will do that.

The biggest problem I see is that Toney is training BJJ when he should be focusing on wrestling.

All this 6 month BJJ crash course is going to do is make him feel he actually has a chance if the fight hits the ground...

he doesn't.

If he can't keep this fight on the feet he's going to be Randy's bitch.

I don't know enough about BJJ, or wrestling for that matter, to fully appreciate this comment.

All I assume Toney is trying to learn is how to get back on his feet. I was under the influence that defensive BJJ helps fighters tie up on the ground without exposing himself to subs and sweep out of bad positions. But then again, good wrestling helps you stay on your feet and off your back in the first place.

Is grappling in MMA kind of a 'six months of bomb disposal just opens you up to new ways of getting blown up' sort of thing?

You guys do realize that without boxing gloves Toney's punching power will go down at around 25%?

I'm confused,

you are saying his power will go down, all the mma haters keep saying "imagine Toney with 4oz gloves", and there was a big thread before basically saying the size of the glove didn't matter.

So which is it?

Sorry I don't think the retard hypothetical crap you turd-muffins post about on here is cool, Cool Guy.

Whatever you say James.

You know I was thinking about putting some money down on you against Couture, but since it seems you have nothing better to do than to troll the Sherdog forums I'm having second thoughts...

I'm confused,

you are saying his power will go down, all the mma haters keep saying "imagine Toney with 4oz gloves", and there was a big thread before basically saying the size of the glove didn't matter.

So which is it?

some show, fight science or something like that, determined the difference in power generated between an mma glove and a boxing glove is next to nothing

Whatever you say James.

You know I was thinking about putting some money down on you against Couture, but since it seems you have nothing better to do than to troll the Sherdog forums I'm having second thoughts...

im on' the elliptical with built in lap top, i can troll what i want and still be in supreme shape.

Back