Toney/Couture is a joke!!!

Lesnar vs. Carwin was straight up embarrassing. One guy runs away like a little girl after taking one uppercut and looked like a fish out of water on his back taking punches whereas the other guy has the gas tank of a near empty trying to pull a road trip across the US without stopping by a Chevron along the way. If this is the best MMA has to offer paticularly in the HW division, I gotta say I'm not impressed. Call the Klitschkos boring if you'd like, they'd never gas out after one round.

that's the thing, its not even the best the UFC can do, let alone MMA.

fedor vs. overeem, cain vs. jds, would be two great fights, with SKILLED big men on display.

I'm just curious, but is Mccoy really as old as he says he is or is that just for comedic effect?(which he always succeeds at but I digress)
He is old as fuck man.

He is a Vietnam vet which makes him older than most of us here and I saw him talk about some obscure Tex Cobb Kickboxing fight way back in the day in detail, only way he could do that is if he saw it on TV or was in the audience.

The very first posts of his were like mini encyclopedia's but then as sherdog got invaded by the post TUF fans whose idea of the greatest fight is Bonnar vs Griffin he just started trolling the idiots, especially after Mercer knocked out Sylvia.

I tell ya, he was around when James Figg fought Ned Sutton...

Lesnar vs. Carwin was straight up embarrassing. One guy runs away like a little girl after taking one uppercut and looked like a fish out of water on his back taking punches whereas the other guy has the gas tank of a near empty trying to pull a road trip across the US without stopping by a Chevron along the way. If this is the best MMA has to offer paticularly in the HW division, I gotta say I'm not impressed. Call the Klitschkos boring if you'd like, they'd never gas out after one round.
Exactly what was going through my mind as I watched that sorry excuse for a fight.

It definitely is far from the best MMA can produce in terms of skills but it was very big in hype though. I would pick Fedor, Overeem, JDS, Cain fighting each other any day over that embarassment in terms of skills.

In terms of classics I would definitely recommend Shogun vs Lil Nog as a very good MMA fight.

What Metsudragon and wisdom blows said about being big MMA fans before but being turned off because of the way it's run and the way the fighters are treated, my story is similar. For a couple of years I watched more MMA than Boxing which is why I rarely posted here in the Boxing section but things got worse in MMA instead of getting better. No neutral media sources really and the fans are dumb as rocks, a buddy of mine who introduced me to MMA also doesn't follow the sport closely anymore because of the aforementioned reasons.

He is old as fuck man.

I saw him talk about some obscure Tex Cobb Kickboxing fight way back in the day in detail, only way he could do that is if he saw it on TV or was in the audience.

Hey now, I watched that on television too when it happened, and in fact, I think it was I who brought that fight up to Kid. I had a question or two about it, I think.

But I know you ain't calling me "old as fuck" right bud? Right?

Hey now, I watched that on television too when it happened, and in fact, I think it was I who brought that fight up to Kid. I had a question or two about it, I think.

But I know you ain't calling me "old as fuck" right bud? Right?
Yeah it was you.

Na because you never claimed to be that old like Kid lol.

Still I respect the elders (well some of them anyway) so that can be taken as a compliment...

Meh, doubt Toney gets injured, but seriously doubt he wins, Toney was so obviously chosen to lose its ridiculous

but yeah Fisticuffa hit the nail on the head as far as my views of mma, UFC shills most prominently, I stll get some joy out of smaller promotions or foreign ones, and glad to see regional mma threads in the contenders, it's really the UFC idiots that are the lowest common denominator, but still don't watch as much as I used to.

Exactly what was going through my mind as I watched that sorry excuse for a fight.

It definitely is far from the best MMA can produce in terms of skills but it was very big in hype though. I would pick Fedor, Overeem, JDS, Cain fighting each other any day over that embarassment in terms of skills.

In terms of classics I would definitely recommend Shogun vs Lil Nog as a very good MMA fight.

What Metsudragon and wisdom blows said about being big MMA fans before but being turned off because of the way it's run and the way the fighters are treated, my story is similar. For a couple of years I watched more MMA than Boxing which is why I rarely posted here in the Boxing section but things got worse in MMA instead of getting better. No neutral media sources really and the fans are dumb as rocks, a buddy of mine who introduced me to MMA also doesn't follow the sport closely anymore because of the aforementioned reasons.

Still see you talking shit about MMA eh bitch?

MMA Shill Radar going off, Blitz, I don't know you, but please take it out of the boxing forum, this is one of the few decent forums on here other than k-1 and the training forums(contenders has become more or less interchangeable with Heavys)

Im really looking for Toney to break some hearts and maybe Randy's nose...

a few things..

1. i have grown to hate MMA fans, despite loving the sport. i like to watch them squirm.

2. i realized you werent totally serious, and just trying to start shit, and you're doing it in an intelligent way.. almost pretending to be a bigot. very sacha baron cohen-esque.

3. i have grown to dislike the UFC, and their way of business, and while boxing's model is far from perfect, is still is ALL about the fighters in boxing, just like it should be. these guys SHOULD be larger than life. that's what im paying money to see... someone better than me.

4. you UNDERSTAND fighting. its easy to be a fan of a sport, but to truly, and intelligently UNDERSTAND a sport is getting increasingly rare these days. i think sherdog has broken me as a fan... ESPECIALLY in light of fedor losing. i cant stomach so called fans trashing the most successful, humble fighter to date, acting like he is a piece of dog shit. it has ruined my faith in MMA fans, and i truly believe their fickleness is part of the reason the sport hasnt grown.

Absolutely.
It ain

Back