Toney/Couture is a joke!!!

Identifying trolling behavior is not being over emotional...
this sub forum is slowly getting as bad as the Heavies.

Only in the last month or month-and-a-half when droves of non-boxing fans/semi-retards invaded and swamped the joint with Pacquiao and maywetaher threads...

Don't know their @r$ehole from a hole-in-the-ground regarding Boxing, but they voice their opinions and turn EVERY thread into a pacquiao/mayrunner flame..and it is on the level of the Sher-tards Heavyweights forum.

Many of the best guys, the boxing regs, left and post over at tam-tam's site now over this bull$#!t, went elsewhere for good boxing discussion.

kingofdipshits keeps starting nonsensical threads lowering the bar for himself with each post that he makes, and you, Abishai, would like to have the most knowledgeable person on the entire site, Kid McCoy, banned for trolling.

Hopefully some of the better guys eventually come back after the PacMan fans and maydodger idiot-fans get tired of their new thing and leave...and they will get tired of it and leave because they are the type that go from thing-to-thing on a whim.

Luckily a few quality posters have remained here, holding down the fort.

Only in the last month or month-and-a-half when droves of non-boxing fans/semi-retards invaded and swamped the joint with Pacquiao and maywetaher threads...

Don't know their @r$ehole from a hole-in-the-ground regarding Boxing, but they voice their opinions and turn EVERY thread into a pacquiao/mayrunner flame..and it is on the level of the Sher-tards Heavyweights forum.

Many of the best guys, the boxing regs, left and post over at tam-tam's site now over this bull$#!t, went elsewhere for good boxing discussion.

kingofdipshits keeps starting nonsensical threads lowering the bar for himself with each post that he makes, and you, Abishai, would like to have the most knowledgeable person on the entire site, Kid McCoy, banned for trolling.

Hopefully some of the better guys eventually come back after the PacMan fans and maydodger idiot-fans get tired of their new thing and leave...and they will get tired of it and leave because they are the type that go from thing-to-thing on a whim.

Luckily a few quality posters have remained here, holding down the fort.

Enswell...

when Kid McCoy is not trolling he is actually a pleasure to talk to. His acumen regarding Boxing dwarfs mine. We have actually had very informative discussions and his assessment of Toney vs Couture is virtually identical to mine.

However, I'm a fan of MMA and Kid McCoy's statements about it and its fighters (trolling/joking or not) irks me.

I suppose it irks me because Kid McCoy is capable of so much more rather than being dogged down in these idiotic MMA vs Boxing threads.

What irks you?

The homosexual stuff? Plenty of strait dudes have outright discussed how awkward and unpleasant it felt to begin taking grappling training, especially to lay on their back and have another man between their legs on top of them, face-to-face at about 5 inches, right in your personal space.

It'll always have ghey connotaions, get over it.
If a man's secure in his masculinity, it shouldn't bother ya.

Much of McCoy's perceived "trolling" isn't trolling at all anyway because it's the truth.
I'm an MMA fan too, right since UFC 1, and I could see the progression of the sport and the fighter-athletes in it right from the start, but it still doesn't change the point that McCoy makes that we are still seeing lower-tier fighter-athletes in MMA.

If you don't offer the financial incentives, then the Best fighters simply won't be there; they'll be competing with other world-class elite fighter-athletes where the 12 million dollar paydays are.

There's nothing preventing elite world-class boxers from learning how to grapple effectively or at least learn submission defense and how to sprawl, but why bother for 40 K paydays up to maybe 300 thousand paydays under the thumb of the UFC. These 1-sided UFC contracts; it's like they own the fighter. UFC says "Jump", fighters say "How high?"

I believe most elite boxers could be UFC champions within 2 years.
I believe the difference in quality and depth of fighter-athlete currently between the 2 sports is a chasm so wide that an elite prime boxer would be a dominant champion in UFC and find easy pickings compared to the deep talent pool of boxing where you can't tap to strikes like GSP and BJ Penn did.
Where a UFC main event man in the "Biggest Fight in UFC history" gasses in 4 minutes flat and his opponent's idea of standup defense is to basically panic and run, then curl up in the fetal position and lay there getting pounded on until the other guy gassed form hittiing him.

You're not seeing world-class fighter-athletes in UFC, and McCoy lets you know that you're not...and people get mad about it.

I would prefer to pay to see elite world-class fighter-athletes in MMA, not lower-tier fighter-athletes as it currently is in UFC which is basically run like a circus.
If the top money not offered, then the top talent simply won't be there.

I'm a fan of the sport, but it is in fact run like a circus.

Boxing's f*<ked too, and Sulaiman and his WBC is a sad, damaging joke, and almost all the top boxers with their huge paydays eventually go broke, but at least you're seeing legitimate world-class fighter-athletes in there, not UFC proaganda telling you that you're seing something that you're really not.

Much of McCoy's perceived "trolling" isn't trolling at all anyway because it's the truth.
I'm an MMA fan too, right since UFC 1, and I could see the progression of the sport and the fighter-athletes in it right from the start, but it still doesn't change the point that McCoy makes that we are still seeing lower-tier fighter-athletes in MMA.

If you don't offer the financial incentives, then the Best fighters simply won't be there; they'll be competing with other world-class elite fighter-athletes where the 12 million dollar paydays are.

There's nothing preventing elite world-class boxers from learning how to grapple effectively or at least learn submission defense and how to sprawl, but why bother for 40 K paydays up to maybe 300 thousand paydays under the thumb of the UFC. These 1-sided UFC contracts; it's like they own the fighter. UFC says "Jump", fighters say "How high?"

I believe the difference in quality and depth of fighter-athlete currently between the 2 sports is a chasm so wide that an elite prime boxer would be a dominant champion in UFC and find easy pickings compared to the deep talent pool of boxing where you can't tap to strikes like GSP and BJ Penn did.
Where a UFC main event man in the "Biggest Fight in UFC history" gasses in 4 minutes flat and his opponent's idea of standup defense is to basically panic and run, then curl up in the fetal position and lay there getting pounded on until the other guy gassed form hittiing him.

You're not seeing world-class fighter-athletes in UFC, and McCoy lets you know that you're not...and people get mad about it.

I would prefer to pay to see elite world-class fighter-athletes in MMA, not lower-tier fighter-athletes as it currently is in UFC which is basically run like a circus.

Boxing's f*<ked too, and Sulaiman and his WBC is a sad, damaging joke, and almost all the top boxers with their huge paydays eventually go broke, but at least you're seeing legitimate world-class fighter-athletes in there, not UFC proaganda telling you that you're seing something that you're really not.
All trolling about homoeroticism aside, this sums up my feelings about MMA currently.

It's obvious you are not seeing great talent beyond a few fighters when you see main event guys gassed out every other card, those are not the signs of elite pro athletes/fighters.

You see this in fight quality too, last UFC card was just a night of slopfests and the main event a disgrace except for the Sotiropoulos fight where he displayed some semblance of basic Boxing technique. Yet the fans act like they just rewatched the "Thrilla in Manila" or something. You get great fights in MMA but that night was not one of them, for a really great fight you have to go look at something like Shogun vs Lil Nog.

Of course the way it's run is a big joke and the fact that the UFC can so easily make Couture vs Toney happen is a testimony to that.

The fans and media are dumb as rocks too in general, i am not saying Boxing fans are Einstein's or anything but hey at least most of us are not busy giving BJ's to Arum or King or discussing some bimbo ring girl instead of the fighters.

enswell is kid mccoy's troll account. has to be. your secret is safe here.

Are you callin' me a troll? I've never heard anything so disgustin', you owe me an apology. Let's hear it or I'm goin' back to the Heavyweights.

We're discussing McCoy's fishing lines here, please stay on-topic.

Another ignorant dip$hit not worthy of my time.

Another fucktard that doesn't understand how to use the word ignorant correctly.

I may be a lot of things, but ignorant is not one of them. In actuality I have a vast knowledge on a number of subjects, and I was likely watching mma before you'd ever heard of it.

Moreover, the abolishment of ignorance does not guarantee unity of perspective. In fact, an intimate knowledge of a particular subject often has quite the opposite
effect.

lol

You're such a woman, Abishai.

What irks you?

The homosexual stuff? Plenty of strait dudes have outright discussed how awkward and unpleasant it felt to begin taking grappling training, especially to lay on their back and have another man between their legs on top of them, face-to-face at about 5 inches, right in your personal space.

It'll always have ghey connotaions, get over it.
If a man's secure in his masculinity, it shouldn't bother ya.

Five inches?! Speak for yourself.

i am reminding you to do this when the dubs go away.

I have converted you.
What'd it take, about a year exactly?
All smart, good posters get converted after their initial repulsion burns off.

We are, after all, just fight fans.

Enswell...

when Kid McCoy is not trolling he is actually a pleasure to talk to. His acumen regarding Boxing dwarfs mine. We have actually had very informative discussions and his assessment of Toney vs Couture is virtually identical to mine.

However, I'm a fan of MMA and Kid McCoy's statements about it and its fighters (trolling/joking or not) irks me.

I suppose it irks me because Kid McCoy is capable of so much more rather than being dogged down in these idiotic MMA vs Boxing threads.

You are not a

11sfb0w.jpg

smoochlf4.gif

get.gif

28tano1.gif

ufcundisputed02.jpg

"I don't work submissions....I'm not laying underneath a grown man with my legs spread on worldwide tv; Some guys subscribe to that theory, but I'm a Republican and we don't do that." - Chael Sonnen

lmao

11sfb0w.jpg

smoochlf4.gif

get.gif

28tano1.gif

ufcundisputed02.jpg

"I don't work submissions....I'm not laying underneath a grown man with my legs spread on worldwide tv; Some guys subscribe to that theory, but I'm a Republican and we don't do that." - Chael Sonnen

mmapoolpartyshopv312oh1.jpg

I'm just curious, but is Mccoy really as old as he says he is or is that just for comedic effect?(which he always succeeds at but I digress)

I have converted you.
What'd it take, about a year exactly?
All smart, good posters get converted after their initial repulsion burns off.

We are, after all, just fight fans.

a few things..

1. i have grown to hate MMA fans, despite loving the sport. i like to watch them squirm.

2. i realized you werent totally serious, and just trying to start shit, and you're doing it in an intelligent way.. almost pretending to be a bigot. very sacha baron cohen-esque.

3. i have grown to dislike the UFC, and their way of business, and while boxing's model is far from perfect, is still is ALL about the fighters in boxing, just like it should be. these guys SHOULD be larger than life. that's what im paying money to see... someone better than me.

4. you UNDERSTAND fighting. its easy to be a fan of a sport, but to truly, and intelligently UNDERSTAND a sport is getting increasingly rare these days. i think sherdog has broken me as a fan... ESPECIALLY in light of fedor losing. i cant stomach so called fans trashing the most successful, humble fighter to date, acting like he is a piece of dog shit. it has ruined my faith in MMA fans, and i truly believe their fickleness is part of the reason the sport hasnt grown.

It's the bradguy.

Fucking BRADGUY.

well, then the bradguy was mccoy's old account.

dude dropped a bomb on the HW's, with history of the sport (not to mention old school catch wrestling tidbits) that seemed very mccoy esque. after all, who has that vast of knowledge around here?

@Wisdom: agree 100%, used to be a HUGE MMA guy, as I was so excited to see just who was the best when .nearly. anything goes(no vale tudo :<), but the AMMA fans are some of the worst dregs I've ever seen, with the exception of the few, it's like they took the asshole of society's asshole, and combined to make some massive zergturd that tramples over everything it says and changes directions as many times as the wind.

Back