Toney/Couture is a joke!!!

crocop12

White Belt
Reaction score
toney trying to defend boxing! come on! mercer already did that. after dana seeing tim sylvia, the former 2 time ufc heavyweight champion get ko'd as if he was a nobody by a 95 year old boxer, i wonder how much money he paid toney to throw the fight?

9 bucks and a coupon to sizzler

It isn't a joke, it's entertainment. You know you're gonna watch it, just like the rest of us.

Ya, I'm a big Couture fan, but this is a joke. I could see Pride doing something like this.

Yeah it is a joke..If couture wins this they'll give him another easy fight then boom another spoon fed title shot.

I've got good seats for it in Boston (626.10 each I

will there be a buy it now price

I'm sad... you got dubbed.

Some posters should have immunity, and you are one of them.

If there was a boxer to rep the sport against MMA, James Toney is not it sorry. He just needs a paycheck so he can pig out at Wong's Chinese Buffet atleast 3 times a week instead of one.

I'm a life long Couture fan...but I think Toney takes this...and he'll do it in the first round.

Couture has taken too many shots and I don't see him being quick enough to acheive a take down on Toney...well not before eating a couple straights.

This fight really exposes the lack of knowledge in this forum.
A good thread about a non pbf vs pac fight or a prospect thread gets no responses,but if you post something crappy like this ppl are all over it.

wtf did Kid get dubbed for? I'm really hoping Toney puts Couture to sleep.

Wish it was someone younger like Cotto in the Octogon...

Last edited:
Wish it was a young boxer like Cotto in the Octogon...

Cintron would be nicer. I don't give two shits about him in Boxing and he has a wrestling background, He'll kill any 155'er standing and he can probably stay on his feet to do it.

Boxers should just stick to boxing. James is making a mistake by doing this. After Randy beats Toney, they should get in the squared circle and straight up box, just so Toney can embarrass Couture in return.

I think MMA should encourage boxers (who are serious
about trying MMA) to train and fight. But then again
MMA relies on the freak show factor and would rather
WWE entertainers in the cage...

The whole boxing v MMA bitch fight is incredibly lame.
Personally I enjoy watching and training boxing more,
thing is I came from years of wrestling and bjj and
was a hardcore MMA fan until a few years back.

Back