Tonal Smart Home Gym

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't spend $3k on something like this, but it's still kind of neat.

What's "neat" about it? Is this a Peloton for resistance training? They come to your home to install it and you've gotta pay 50 bucks a month to stream some weak fitness trainer to count your reps? lmao
Takes up little space, mounts to wall
TV screen is cool even without the overpriced trainer service
Adjustable cables are versatile work out option

If I had a big budget, I would spend a little more to get this but it also takes up a lot more space. For the price, there's also a lot of other equipment I would prioritize over it.

41oIcG88z+L.jpg

You're trying to hate on it but it's kind of cool and has potential.

If I had a big budget, I would spend a little more to get this but it also takes up a lot more space. For the price, there's also a lot of other equipment I would prioritize over it.

View attachment 796991

Ok, so how is this 3000 dollar gimmick any better than a door frame pullup bar paired with resistance bands that you can buy for literally 5% of the cost of that godawful contraption? This has ZERO benefits to anyone who knows what they're doing. But hey, it's your money to waste if you insist on buying one.

screenshot-www-tonal-com-2020-09-06-20-50-07.png

lmao@"digital weight"

Ok, so how is this 3000 dollar gimmick any better than a door frame pullup bar paired with resistance bands that you can buy for literally 5% of the cost of that godawful contraption? This has ZERO benefits to anyone who knows what they're doing. But hey, it's your money to waste if you insist on buying one.

screenshot-www-tonal-com-2020-09-06-20-50-07.png

lmao@"digital weight"
Still looks cool and takes up little space. I already said that I would spend 3k way differently. Quit trying to be a hater.

Here's how I would spend $3k on a home gym:
Jumprope- $20
Hanging ab/dip/pull up station-$180
Outslayer heavy bag- $200
Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells- $700 (already got mine before the shortage)
Rogue flat bench- $180
Rogue SML-1 squat stand (obviously would prefer RML-3 squat cage but it's too expensive @ $755)- $365
Barbell- $300

The remaining grand would go towards plates.

Still looks cool and takes up little space. I already said that I would spend 3k way differently. Quit trying to be a hater.
My point is that a pullup bar and resistance bands takes up even less space, and can be used to do infinitely more exercises while being more effective. There is absolutely no point to this gadget. It's a dorkyass screen with magnetized resistance. This is proof there is too much investment capital being pumped into the fitness industry looking for innovations that no one wants.

If it's bolted to your wall, it seems like the stress of regular use would weaken the holes and it will eventually fall out.

If it's bolted to your wall, it seems like the stress of regular use would weaken the holes and it will eventually fall out.

Nah, that thing can only go up to 200lbs of max resistance. There are things anchored to the studs in most houses that exert way more force than a the average weight of a Sherdogger's dong.

View attachment 796991

Just get a folding power rack that folds to the wall + bar and weights.

Oh so this was the impetus for that 3k home gym thread huh? Funny I saw this same video by that Coop guy on my youtube recommended a week or two ago. Probably because I watched the Jocko Willink retard kettlebell.

Yeah I'll throw in my 2 cents:

This is dogshit. Obviously the guy was being paid to not rip it to shreds on his channel, can't take his review seriously imo. It's really fucking dumb. It looks like a bowflex with a giant tablet attached to it. Trash.

It's just so bad on so many levels I don't know where to begin. 3,000 dollars + install fees probably + subscription fees to stupid instructionals as if everyone doesn't have a phone or computer and can use google. It's just so bad, people trying profit of lazy people with money as someone already said.

1. If people "don't have the time" or motivation to simply go to a gym...there's plenty around, then I don't see them using this regularly even if it were "good".

2. You could spend 200-300 dollars and create a makeshift one room indoor gym and accomplish more than you could with this iRobot ass bowflex.

200 pounds of resistance is weak even for a noob. Any reasonably consistent person should be able to outgrow it within a year. It would end up being an exspensive curl/tricep press down machine.

Traditional cable crossovers are the better option if you just want cable workouts.

Barbells would be vastly superior for strength training than this contraption.

200 pounds of resistance is weak even for a noob. Any reasonably consistent person should be able to outgrow it within a year. It would end up being an exspensive curl/tricep press down machine.

Traditional cable crossovers are the better option if you just want cable workouts.

Barbells would be vastly superior for strength training than this contraption.

Calisthenics and Kettlebells
would be vastly superior for strength training than that piece of crap:)

If you bumped up the weight it would still be really cool to have a cable machine coming out of the wall with a flat screen mounted between it. Forget the subscription service, the tv mounted between the cables would be nice. Obviously you would need a steel support inside the wall to attach it to rather than a wood beam stud but there's potential in the idea for something that offers a lot of exercise options and not taking up a lot of space. Bunch of dimwitted critics here who lack vision.

Back