Tommy Fury's horrific opposition

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OK, this has become a bit ridiculous. While I understand that his people are just easing him along early in his pro career, they're really going out their way to scrape the bottom of the barrel. It's so bad that his first pro opponent was his best with a record of 10-102-3. At least he was able to go the distance & give Fury four rounds of work. Since then Fury's opponents have had the following records: 0-26-2, 2-26, 0-11, & 0-9. All of whom Fury KO'd inside two rounds. And his next opponent is 0-14.

If he wants to insult Jake Paul about knocking out DJs, basketball players & grapplers with hip replacements then he should begin fighting some live bodies himself. I think he'd likely destroy Paul if given the opportunity but in order to prepare for that bout he ought to get some rounds in with legitimate fighters.

Jesus those are atrocious opponents. I'd be embarrassed fighting people with such bad records. Wins like that are not good to have on your record.

He's gonna be more a reality tv star than a pugilist, he'll go the Paul brothers route I feel. No where near the raw talent of his brother, and not even his cousin. He'll be marketable as a name, but he's not gonna be a career boxer for me. His opponents exemplify that. He'd beat Paul on toughness alone, but any seasoned boxer would dice him. A lad at a gym I used to train at beat him in the ams, and that lad has since quit boxing and got a day job. Says it all really I guess.

Reminds me of Rahman Ali. Always in the shadow of his superstar brother.

He went on Love Island after one pro fight, based on being Tyson's half brother with a better body, became well known and is riding that celebrity wave.

He may not want to follow the traditional boxing path and wait several years for recognition and money when he can do it now. Makes sense. Why fight for an area title for a few thousand in a leisure centre when you can make millions and it's all over social media?

There's a whole drama now with him, his girlfriend, Paul and Tyson. They know what they're doing and it's good for Tyson gaining the attention of younger viewers.

Reminds me of Rahman Ali. Always in the shadow of his superstar brother.

Yeah, but Rahman actually had some talent & could fight. Sure, he rode on his brother's coattails but he fought legitimate opponents, unlike Fury. Hell, in his second pro fight Rahman fought a tough journeyman by the name of Levi Forte in a ten rounder & he won. And he continued fighting mostly live bodies over the course of his 14-3-1 career. He mixed with the likes of Jasper Evans, Danny McAlinden, Cookie Wallace & Jack O'Halloran. Something tells me Fury will never go near any fighters anywhere near half that caliber. As @Athenry04 said, I think he's going to peak out at the "celebrity boxing" level.

Yeah, but Rahman actually had some talent & could fight. Sure, he rode on his brother's coattails but he fought legitimate opponents, unlike Fury. Hell, in his second pro fight Rahman fought a tough journeyman by the name of Levi Forte in a ten rounder & he won. And he continued fighting mostly live bodies over the course of his 14-3-1 career. He mixed with the likes of Jasper Evans, Danny McAlinden, Cookie Wallace & Jack O'Halloran. Something tells me Fury will never go near any fighters anywhere near half that caliber. As @Athenry04 said, I think he's going to peak out at the "celebrity boxing" level.

I like Rahman from the little footage that exits of him fighting. I often watch old fights from the 70s & 80s.
Today we're in the flat footed era. That's why fights are not as fun as they used to be, even though the boxers are possibly better overall athletes than boxers from the past.

Yeah, there's not a lot of video of Rahman is there?

I heard from a couple of very good sources that he was even better than his record indicates though. But he wasn't active enough & was more focused on his brother's career than his own.

How long before Fury headlines an event?

Surely that would need to be against someone with a winning record, or at least a win or two?!

Jeez, how do you get to 0-26-2 (he is now 0-30-2 !) and not question your life choices?
Probably a professional journeymen, there job is to work an opponent a bit expose some flaws but lose convincingly

He looks to have some good power but his competition is cringe worthy bad. Hopefully jumps in with an least credible opponent sooner than later.

OK, this has become a bit ridiculous. While I understand that his people are just easing him along early in his pro career, they're really going out their way to scrape the bottom of the barrel. It's so bad that his first pro opponent was his best with a record of 10-102-3. At least he was able to go the distance & give Fury four rounds of work. Since then Fury's opponents have had the following records: 0-26-2, 2-26, 0-11, & 0-9. All of whom Fury KO'd inside two rounds. And his next opponent is 0-14.

If he wants to insult Jake Paul about knocking out DJs, basketball players & grapplers with hip replacements then he should begin fighting some live bodies himself. I think he'd likely destroy Paul if given the opportunity but in order to prepare for that bout he ought to get some rounds in with legitimate fighters.
It was pretty bad when the ring announcer simply said that his opponents has 11 fights in his record.

I think he's looking for that Jake Paul fight. Seems like a fight he can win.

Its pretty embarrassing he's calling out Jake Paul now as well

To be honest I actually hope they fight and Paul beats Tommy.

Not only will it be funny but it will shut up all the nuthuggers who can't accept that being a great athlete is half the battle in any sport.
As much as Paul is a prick he has literally trained his arse off with pro coaches/nutritionists etc for 2+ years. Gone are the days when the apprenticeship for boxers is being a street fighter growing up.

Jesus those are atrocious opponents. I'd be embarrassed fighting people with such bad records. Wins like that are not good to have on your record.

You should see khabibs opposition before coming to ufc. O-6 1-9 all those kind of numbers

Back