Tombstone (1993) vs Wyatt Earp (1994)

Cobra was arguably Brian Thompson's best performance, Rambo 2 was arguably Charles Napier's and maybe even Steven Berkoff's (come at me, Barry Lyndon Juggalos).
CvGK5iNUMAEfRsR.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh that guy

He's pretty good for the five minutes he's on screen. I've not seen Rambo 2, maybe he kills it in that.

I guess this was him in A Clockwork Orange as well

c178f704c900e7519a17a73687441827.jpg

And when you say "move on from DVD" you mean move on to Blu-Ray, I agree. If you mean move away from physical formats, I disagree emphatically.
Yeah Blue Rays are better, and streaming only would be nice. I know you're big on the special features, and ideally you could just stream that shit as well.

CvGK5iNUMAEfRsR.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh that guy

He's pretty good for the five minutes he's on screen. I've not seen Rambo 2, maybe he kills it in that.

I guess this was him in A Clockwork Orange as well

c178f704c900e7519a17a73687441827.jpg

He is also quite good in The Borgias and Beverly Hills Cop.

Yeah Blue Rays are better, and streaming only would be nice. I know you're big on the special features, and ideally you could just stream that shit as well.

So what happens when you don't have an Internet connection? Or the company you've purchased your movies from goes out of business?

That's the thing about streaming, you never really own anything.

Kevin Costner has more long/drawn out movies, that are very boring than any other actor.

Tombstone is much better directed and entertaining. Val Kilmer's accent is a mystery. I cannot tell if it is awful or amazing, or somehow both at the same time (yin-yang of accents?).

Who would win in a duel? Keith Carradine vs Sam Elliott? Both look a like, especially in Western clothes/make up. Keith played Wild Bill in Deadwood as well as Hank Lundy in Dexter. He is also the brother of kung fu master and erotictur, David Carradine. Sam Elliott played Virgil in Tombstone and The Stranger in The Big Lebowski.

No ones gonna pick Wyatt Earp
I liked them both, probably liked Wyatt Earp a little better. Hear me out; Tombstone felt like a bunch of big name actors got together to play cowboys and the source material was just kind of an excuse. Earp was a lot grittier and true to the source. I know everyone has a boner for Val Kilmer, but I thought Dennis Quaid was an awesome Doc. “Kiss my rebel dick!”

Tombstone by 10 miles.

Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday is one of the best character performances in western history imo.

So what happens when you don't have an Internet connection? Or the company you've purchased your movies from goes out of business?

That's the thing about streaming, you never really own anything.

Yep. I think everyone takes for granted that these companies will always be around when their existence is really much more tenuous than it seems. Vudu has better send me a blu day for every movie I bought off them if Wal Mart goes out of business, or if they discontinue Vudu.

I thought Dennis Quaid did a better job as Doc Holiday than the pasty face caricature of Val Kilmer.

tombstone can't be touched. that being said, Wyatt Earp is a great movie, imho.

Every time someone necro’s this thread it takes me a minute to remember I already posted in it like a year ago.

Back