Tombstone (1993) vs Wyatt Earp (1994)

this isn't even close for me. Tombstone is epic for Kilmer's Doc alone while I never made it all the way through Wyatt Earp. What a shit movie with a shit actor. Never understand why he's able to do what he does for a living.

Whoah, whoah, whoah! Cool it with the Kevin Costner hate, okay?

He's made some good movies.

This

Not a fan of Wyatt Earp but Costner is the tits

Hell yeah! The Untouchables, Field of Dreams, JFK, Robin Hood, Dances with Wolves. . . That's good shit!

You seen any of his recent stuff? I thought Black or White, 3 Days to Kill and Criminal were all worth a watch.

Whoah, whoah, whoah! Cool it with the Kevin Costner hate, okay?

He's made some good movies.

I enjoyed Robin Hood but not because he was in it. Bull Durham but not because he was in it. The Untouchables but not at all because he was in it.

Never made it through Dances With Wolves or The Postman because I'd rather be assaulted in the balls repeatedly.

Now I don't aim to see his movies because he's in them.

QfN3uKF.gif

Can't hardly wait for Top Gun 2.

val-kilmer-says-hes-in-for-top-gun-2-throws-out-a-few-shocking-names_1.jpg

It's definitely a slow burn compared to many other Westerns but I still enjoy it.
This was interesting I thought:
Church: I thought Wyatt Earp was a pretty good movie, but it was too long. I did a movie with Costner in 2000 and we discussed the merits of the dueling Wyatt Earp movies. He was supposed to do Tombstone, but he got into a compromising situation with the writer/director, Kevin Jarre. We started shooting with Kevin but he was summarily dismissed about three weeks into shooting and he was replaced with Greek legend George Cosmatos.

Hell yeah! The Untouchables, Field of Dreams, JFK, Robin Hood, Dances with Wolves. . . That's good shit!

You seen any of his recent stuff? I thought Black or White, 3 Days to Kill and Criminal were all worth a watch.

Gotta admit I'm not up to date on my Costner bro

I love the dude though. I think my favourite Costner film is A Perfect World. Holy shit I cried my eyes out at the end of that

I enjoyed Robin Hood but not because he was in it. Bull Durham but not because he was in it. The Untouchables but not at all because he was in it.

Never made it through Dances With Wolves or The Postman because I'd rather be assaulted in the balls repeatedly.

Now I don't aim to see his movies because he's in them.

Dances with Wolves is great but The Postman is a terrible fucking movie. Interesting concept, poor execution. So I'll give you that.

Can't hardly wait for Top Gun 2.

val-kilmer-says-hes-in-for-top-gun-2-throws-out-a-few-shocking-names_1.jpg

Provided it actually gets made, I just hope they don't fuck it up. I've heard that the subject of drones figures into the story in a big way and that could go either way.

Fuck drones, I want to see Maverick wasting some fools in the air.

Gotta admit I'm not up to date on my Costner bro

It seems like very few people are. For whatever reason at one point the dude just stopped being a draw.

I love the dude though. I think my favourite Costner film is A Perfect World. Holy shit I cried my eyes out at the end of that

You know, I never did see that one.

Tombstone wins on just about every level.

Wyatt Earp wasn't bad, but this is a pretty easy call.

Provided it actually gets made, I just hope they don't fuck it up. I've heard that the subject of drones figures into the story in a big way and that could go either way.

Fuck drones, I want to see Maverick wasting some fools in the air.

They definitely need this scene again in the sequel.

e716df39-fed3-4dc0-8bbe-c59dbe1f4b0b.gif

Dances with Wolves is great but The Postman is a terrible fucking movie. Interesting concept, poor execution. So I'll give you that.

I will have to admit that when I tried watching Dances With Wolves it had just come out on VHS. I think I was 12. I don't think I gave it another shot since. You're right about The Postman. That could have and truly should have been so much better. Same with fucking Waterworld!!!

Tombstone wins on just about every level.

Wyatt Earp wasn't bad, but this is a pretty easy call.

Since you've actually seen Wyatt Earp, why don't you offer some thoughts on it?

I probably should've just made this a Wyatt Earp thread.

I have seen Wyatt Earp. Not recent enough to really recall many things about it.

I did notice it has a 6/10 on IMDB and I think that is quiet low.

I saw dances with wolves in school I was probably around the age 12 as well. I remember really liking the film. I haven't seen it since tho

I have seen Wyatt Earp. Not recent enough to really recall many things about it.

I did notice it has a 6/10 on IMDB and I think that is quiet low.

I saw dances with wolves in school I was probably around the age 12 as well. I remember really liking the film. I haven't seen it since tho

I probably watch Wyatt Earp once every five years or so. Like I said earlier, I don't love it, but I do think it tells the Earp story from a different angle and I can appreciate that.

As for Dances with Wolves, I haven't seen it in many, many years. I had it on VHS way back in the day. Actually, that's an interesting story, because I remember I got it from McDonald's. Check this article out (dated 1993) for a little odd snippet of film history:

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/05/31/b...ns-the-ranks-of-the-videocassette-giants.html

Val Kilmers portrayal of Doc Holiday is one of the most underrated performances ever.

Tombstone is one of the greatest movies ever made.

Back