Tomasz Adamek vs Michael Grant, this saturday

CRZA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
didnt see any threads about this fight, so thought I make one.
How you think the fight will go? Im pretty sure Adamek wins it by UD, Grant is huge and I dont think he will go down, its also in Neward, NJ, where Adamek has a huge following.
Whats next for Adamek if he gets this ? Since Haye hasnt decided on his opponents, I hope there is a chance for these two to fight. I always hoped they would fight in Cruiserweight, but it never happened..

I think Adamek gets a late rd stoppage. I see this fight as a peperation for Ademek to get ready for a fight with one of the Klits soon. He says he wants them next but so does everyone else, then they pass on the fight, which is starting to piss me off.

It sucks this fight is only on web PPV, which I don't really understand cause he does have a huge following in NJ and I expect for it to sellout.

I would love to see him and Haye fight. I think that would be a great fight. Both of them are fast small HW, so I think it could go either way.

I think Tomasz Adamek will win a unanious decision.

what's the website for the legal feed/PPV?

Sorry I thought it was Web only PPv but it looks as if it cable PPV and I can't find the Web PPV site for it, but the link to the company hosting the fight.

Grant just look happy in getting a big fight. I say mid-round stoppage for Adamek.

I think Adamek gets a late rd stoppage. I see this fight as a peperation for Ademek to get ready for a fight with one of the Klits soon. He says he wants them next but so does everyone else, then they pass on the fight, which is starting to piss me off.

It sucks this fight is only on web PPV, which I don't really understand cause he does have a huge following in NJ and I expect for it to sellout.

I would love to see him and Haye fight. I think that would be a great fight. Both of them are fast small HW, so I think it could go either way.

Duva can't get an HBO or Showtime date but does have guaranteed TV money from Poland. She'd rather have her small stable of fighters be active and off US TV than sitting out for 6 months at a time trying to get one of the few dates that are available to the smaller promoters. Between a full gate and TV money the fighters do well out of it: it may be hyperbole but she's mentioned that Adamek actually will likely get more money for this bout then he did against Areola.

She's doing much the same thing in October with Zab.

this fight makes no sense, huge step backwards for Adamek. Grant is in no way shape of form anything close to either Klitchsko.

Adamek wins this easy. Grant has been done for the better part of a decade.

Stoppage win for Adamek, should be entertaining to watch!

sb.asp

sb.asp

Adamek wins this easy. Grant has been done for the better part of a decade.

That's pretty much how I see it as well.

Reanimating the corpse of Michael Grant to give Adamek an easy win.

Still, the ppv is only $30, so I AM tempted to give it a buy, being the degenerate boxing fan that I am.

I AM drawn to the train wreck, it pains me to say.

ps--Keeping her guys busy is brilliant, and will pay off in the end. Good work on Duva's part IMO.

this fight makes no sense, huge step backwards for Adamek. Grant is in no way shape of form anything close to either Klitchsko.

Skill wise, you're totally right. However, he's a giant with a howitzer in his right hand. Outside of Tony Thompson, I can't think of any guy around today that's better to get you physically ready for a Klitschko.

Plus he gets good money and gives the Poles in Newark a show.

That's pretty much how I see it as well.

Reanimating the corpse of Michael Grant to give Adamek an easy win.

Still, the ppv is only $30, so I AM tempted to give it a buy, being the degenerate boxing fan that I am.

I AM drawn to the train wreck, it pains me to say.

ps--Keeping her guys busy is brilliant, and will pay off in the end. Good work on Duva's part IMO.

There's a pretty good article on Maxboxing about the guy who runs these shows... makes interesting points about how he (realistically) predicts how many buys it will get and sets the price accordingly.

Max Boxing - Sub Lead - Integrated Sports to the Rescue

That said, I think he's got this one wrong. Drop the price to $10-$20 and I think a whole lot more people would buy it... enough to cover the disparity in pricing.

Back