Tom Stalker turns pro

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...British-boxer-turn-pro-signing-Matchroom.html

Thomas Stalker has become the second British Olympic boxer to turn professional.
The 28-year-old has signed with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom outfit and follows London team-mate Anthony Ogogo into the paid ranks.
The Sportsmail columnist will make his debut in February and will also be on the undercard of Tony Bellew's world title eliminator against Isaac Chilemba at Liverpool's Echo Arena on March 30.

Stalker is a former European and Commonwealth gold medalist and was controversially beaten in the quarter-finals at the London Games.
'I feel I am going to be exciting to watch as a professional boxer,' Stalker said. 'I felt it was time for me to turn professional now and see how far I can go. I have done everything I could possibly do as an amateur, bar winning an Olympic medal.
'Even though I didn

Does it normally take this long for top tier Olympians to turn pro? I can't help but think the IBA and World Series are bribing boxers to stay with them. Joshua claimed he received no offers from promoters, that has to be pure bullshit.

Does it normally take this long for top tier Olympians to turn pro? I can't help but think the IBA and World Series are bribing boxers to stay with them. Joshua claimed he received no offers from promoters, that has to be pure bullshit.

He didn't claim that.. he was offered 100k to turn pro

good move. he got 1 rather lucky decision and 1 dodgey 1 if I recall correctly. Joshua was lucky a few times really, savon was the only 1 who beat him clearly but anywhere else and he would not have won at all.

p.s matt boy, how is your record as an amateur box 34-2-1? as far as I know you can not draw in amateur boxing barring rare occaisions in international bouts.

Back