Movies Tom Hardy Reportedly Is the Next James Bond

What do you think of Tom Hard as the next James Bond?

• Total voters
Clive Owens would have been perfect for Bond. Now he's old as shit. He's over forty I think.
Isn't Bond supposed to be though? Actual question, not a statement. I don't know.

Reactions: JSN
I know too little of him personally to make a clever quip regarding what kind of book he would buy. But I reckon he has a good sized face/head.

I remember seeing a Dutch singer/actor/host who even did a kids program when I was a wee lil Iroh. When I saw him IRL I was dumbfounded at the size of his noggin.
Having a quick Google I'd say probably in proportion. Chances are after a couple of airport bloody mary's i might have laughed if he had an oversized one at 5ft 10.

Isn't Bond supposed to be though? Actual question, not a statement. I don't know.
I believe in general it's like the presidency. They want someone over thirty-five. But the flip side is when you get someone like Roger Moore chasing down bad guys with a walker with tennis balls on the feet.

Having a quick Google I'd say probably in proportion. Chances are after a couple of airport bloody mary's i might have laughed if he had an oversized one at 5ft 10.

Airport bloody mary's would be the last thing I'd do. I wouldn't like to go aboard nauseous. Bad, bad memories.

Did a google too and seems like it, but 3 dimensions can unveil a world of wonder.

This is the dude I was talking about, you can kind of see it's big, but it's actually muuuuuch bigger!!

jeroen_van_der_boom_-_dit_ben_ik__c__nick_van_ormondt_-_vierkant.jpg

I believe in general it's like the presidency. They want someone over thirty-five. But the flip side is when you get someone like Roger Moore chasing down bad guys with a walker with tennis balls on the feet.
Haha. Moonraker Bond was 37. I know I'm old as dirt and prefer older men looks wise but I think Hardy's fine at 43, he's such a handsome devil.

Airport bloody mary's would be the last thing I'd do. I wouldn't like to go aboard nauseous. Bad, bad memories.

Did a google too and seems like it, but 3 dimensions can unveil a world of wonder.

This is the dude I was talking about, you can kind of see it's big, but it's actually muuuuuch bigger!!

jeroen_van_der_boom_-_dit_ben_ik__c__nick_van_ormondt_-_vierkant.jpg
Always used to be Guinness or Bloody Mary's I hit the wine up soon as I check in now, settles my nerves.
It's because he's got really small shoulders! I get it though.

Always used to be Guinness or Bloody Mary's I hit the wine up soon as I check in now, settles my nerves.
It's because he's got really small shoulders! I get it though.

You too nervous otherwise? I remember my first time flying. I was slightly nervous, but when all was said and done, I was very underwhelmed by it all.

Yeah, not just shoulders, pretty slim build overall. I have a huge head too, but also a pretty big torso, so it evens out.

No young Bonds have been cast since the 60's, at the time of their first films...

Moore - 45
Dalton - 41
Brosnan - 42
Craig - 38

No young Bonds have been cast since the 60's, at the time of their first films...

Moore - 45
Dalton - 41
Brosnan - 42
Craig - 38

Yeah, dude always had some alphaness that had to be shown in experience and confidence that comes with age.

Yeah, dude always had some alphaness that had to be shown in experience and confidence that comes with age.

Thats really what Bond to most of the public, suave confident middle aged upper class brit.

The main issue I think you could have with Hardy is he's not so obviously suave as the other Bonds, he's tended to play much more unbalanced characters. Not automatically a bad thing I spose, a genuinely messed up Bond could be fun to watch although it would need a quality script/director not just trying to plug into the standard formula.

You too nervous otherwise? I remember my first time flying. I was slightly nervous, but when all was said and done, I was very underwhelmed by it all.

Yeah, not just shoulders, pretty slim build overall. I have a huge head too, but also a pretty big torso, so it evens out.
I know I haven't recently what with pandemic but used to go back and forth to the UK on my own loads and turbulence scares the crap out of me to the point of tears. It used to be terrorism scaring the crap out of me, again nearly not getting on a plane from LA where someone was on his knees praying at the plane... this was when OBL was still really shit scary and he looked just like him. I'm not being racist, I mean he looked exactly like him facial features and everything. A woman was crying, I asked what was wrong and when she pointed to him I flipped my lid as well. Eamon said we didn't have to get on the flight but the stewardess said the same thing might happen the next day...I felt bad for him. It was just a knee jerk reaction because of what was going on with the world and 9/11 happening etc. He didn't know that she and I had had a reaction.
I really don't think about terrorism too much anymore when I fly.

Connery joked that he was, "making way for an older actor" when he left the role and Moore took over. Moore himself said he knew it was time to quit when the Bond girls were younger than his daughter.

Reactions: JSN
They should give the role to the King in the North:)

2_MAIN-Richard-Madden.jpg

I always thought Fassbender would have made a great Bond.
Irish but pulls off a perfect home counties accent. It would be good and while I think he's a nice looking bloke I don't think he's QUITE there. Hardy is.

Back