Tom Hardy based part of his performance in VENOM on Conor McGregor

Son Peyote

★★★★★★★★
@Brown
Reaction score
Incredible that a AAAA+ Hollywood actor takes inspiration from McGOAT

1280-venom-comparison-720x405.jpg

Hardy isn’t the first actor to gain inspiration from McGregor

in a major motion picture or even one from the superhero genre.

A few years ago, Ben Affleck said he looked at McGregor when trying to put together a fighting style that would make sense for him as he portrayed Batman in the movie ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’.

Tom Hardy said:
“Woody Allen’s tortured neurosis and all the humor that can come from that. Conor McGregor—the überviolence but not all the talking. And Redman —the rapper— out of control, living rent-free in his head,” Hardy told Esquirewhen talking about the inspiration for his take on Venom.

Article said:
British actor Tom Hardy is most certainly a fight fan.

Several years go, Hardy immersed himself into the world of mixed martial arts to prepare for a role in ‘Warrior’ where he portrayed a fighter trained by his father played by Nick Nolte.

Hardy has also shown support on social media for fighters like Cody Garbrandt as well as filming a video for British prospect Jack McGann ahead of one of his bouts in BAMMA.

Not only is Hardy a big fan of the fight game but it appears he even takes inspiration from some of the athletes when preparing for his own roles.

Take for instance Hardy’s latest movie ‘Venom’ — which takes place in the Spider-Man universe — where he plays news reporter Eddie Brock, who is later merged with a symbiote that transforms him into a monstrous creature known as Venom.

The character was best known as a villain who went against Spider-Man but now Venom is getting a new origin story with Hardy playing him as more of an anti-hero in the upcoming movie due out in October.

According to Hardy, he spent the better part of a year preparing for the role of Eddie Brock/Venom and part of his inspiration came from former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor as well as two other very unique personalities.

“Woody Allen’s tortured neurosis and all the humor that can come from that. Conor McGregor—the überviolence but not all the talking. And Redman —the rapper— out of control, living rent-free in his head,” Hardy told Esquirewhen talking about the inspiration for his take on Venom.

If this keeps going, McGregor is going to serve as the basis for a whole lot of characters, especially considering he’s already played a minor part in helping Batman and Venom come to life on the big screen.

Source: https://www.mmaweekly.com/tom-hardy-based-part-of-his-performance-in-venom-on-conor-mcgregor

I usually dislike superhero movies but I'm looking forward to this one

Conor Bless​

TS when he heard the news...
giphy.gif

Conor sacrifices himself for us every time he steps into the octogon, nay, every time he speaks or even breathes. We should all be thankful for Conor and for his sacrifices. It is as though he himself is dying for our sins.

It is an important but little known fact that Christian Bale based his American Psycho appearance on Tom Cruise

Well they're both actors, so it makes sense..

Mcgregor worldwide... Thinking about having my nephew dress up like him for Halloween... :eek:

Spoilers dude, now I now Venom fights a bus at some point.

I don’t like Tom Hardy’s acting. It comes across really weird to me. I don’t know why.

Yea that fight scene at the end of BvS was totally based on mcnumbnuts. Not like there is this game series that came out called the Arkham Trilogy which literally that fight scene was based upon the combat in those games.

Cause ya'know mcshitforbrains is fighting 8-12 goons at once in the cage.

<bball1>

Looking forward to watching venom and that new predator flick as well.

Can't wait for his Sage Northcutt inspired performance

Smashing bus windows with a dolley confirmed in venom movie.

So Venom would be ducking Spiderman in a sequel?

So Venom has a terrible ground game and coke problem?

I'm in.

Movie looks like trash, just like the Shazam movie. Fuck Spiderman and his characters.

Pleasantly surprised at the lack of "I gUesS VenOm dOesN't dEfeNd hiS tITLes EitHer durr" posts

still early though

Back