Tom Fries

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, I rented some of the 1st season of TUF, and in one episode, Chuck Liddell introduces a Tom Fries as his strength and conditioning coach.

The ensuing workout appears to me to be totally NSCA-derived. They do duck walks while steering wheels...a bunch of ab twists on the wall with a medicine ball...crap like that.

Does anyone know anything about him? I searched for him in this forum (since I didn't want to read through an TUF forum discussion) but I only pulled up four threads where Carnal mentions "fries" offhand (as in french fries) and the absurd things he likes to do with them.

i missed that episode!....damnit
must have been at the beginning...Randy does those same workouts with the boys so i didnt think they used a S&C coach. You remember anything else he did?

BAS_FAN said:
i missed that episode!....damnit
must have been at the beginning...Randy does those same workouts with the boys so i didnt think they used a S&C coach. You remember anything else he did?

I still have it, I'll go check (when I get home- I should post tomorrow). I'll describe what he does, but much of it looks exactly like what you'd find in "Functional Training for Sports" by Boyle.

I was renting the first season of TUF too. I never heard of the guy, but I REALLy wonder what the purpose of the duck walks were.

You guys dont like duckwalks or what?

i love em....they are KILLER when you add them to a circuit
give em a try next time you have the med ball out....i use a 10lbs med ball and hold it over my head as i walk.

I don't eat french fries anymore actually. At least very, very rarely. If I go out and some spiced fries come with my meal or something, I might have some, but I never order them specificly these days.

not even the fresh cut deep fried kind you get out of those vans parked next to the street??

Back