Tom DeBlass on MMA, ADCC, Garry Tonon and more

He posted a gay flag one night. I messaged him to say thank you. I'm not a homosexual, but one of my friends is. He was supportive.

One day Tom asked for a match. He claimed I couldn't defeat him or his team. I'd defeated two of them at this point. I was defeated by Gordon Ryan in an amateur match. Afterwards, Deblass stared talking shit. I took offense and talked shit right back, cause I'm no bitch. Deblass' other man was up next. So Deblass calls me on the phone and threatens to kill me as I'm up against his team.

Missing link to the story:

Jordan talked shit to Tom and challenged him on his personal fb page. The page Tom uses to mainly communicate open mat times and school promotions/info for his students.

Everyone from the NY/NJ Renzo team knows Tom. He's a nice dude and a great coach but he definitely doesn't suffer disrespect. And you disrespected him.

Did he go overboard with the voicemail that he left you (which I've heard already btw)? Probably. But let's not pretend your side of the story is completely accurate

It's hard for me to believe that Tom would go after anyone unprovoked. He is far from a bully. Now if you challenged him, talked trash or threatened him I would not be surprised if he reacted strongly.

This is exactly what happened.

Back