Tom DeBlass on MMA, ADCC, Garry Tonon and more

Murdoch

Brown Belt
Reaction score
deblass-700x700.jpg

http://www.openmatradio.com/podcast/tom-deblass-on-adcc-mma-and-much-more/

We are happy to welcome long time friend and fan favorite guest, Tom DeBlass back to the show. This time around we check in on the status of Tom

sweet. you guys always have a great show!! looking forward to listening to it.

Good interview. DeBlass seems like a class guy. Interesting that he said his bjj game didn't translate well to MMA because he likes to hang out in half-guard. I would think a guy at that level would have more tricks in his bag that would allow him to adapt better.

Good interview. DeBlass seems like a class guy. Interesting that he said his bjj game didn't translate well to MMA because he likes to hang out in half-guard. I would think a guy at that level would have more tricks in his bag that would allow him to adapt better.

not every high level BJJ guys can transition well into MMA... Rodolfo has problems going into no gi as a lot of his passes are so gi dependent. Also just plenty of BJJ guys who are no gi that doesn't translate well in MMA.

Nah, he's a cheater and a creep. Compete against his team sometime and see how classy he is.

Interesting. Are there any perfectly sane people who agree with this sentiment?

I can agree with the exact opposite of that statement. Maybe that post was an attempt at humor??

I don't know but I don't think anyone dislikes Tom Gary or his team.
I dropped in at their school a few times and all good guys.

good interview so far. Tom seems very nice and intelligent

Interesting. Are there any perfectly sane people who agree with this sentiment?

Fuck if I know. All I know is that I had two matches against his guys at a tournament, when he started calling up, calling me a "*********" and threatening to kill me. Yes, I can produce that. I don't know if it has anything to do with our discussion on homosexuality or he just took a sports rivalry too far, but the man is a creep.

I'm also going to point out that disagreeing with a Gracie doesn't make one insane.

Fuck if I know. All I know is that I had two matches against his guys at a tournament, when he started calling up, calling me a "*********" and threatening to kill me. Yes, I can produce that. I don't know if it has anything to do with our discussion on homosexuality or he just took a sports rivalry too far, but the man is a creep.

I'm curious. What was the discussion? More details needed . I would definately be creeped out if someone tried to say stuff like that to me during a roll. Then again I'm a casual.

I'm curious. What was the discussion? More details needed . I would definately be creeped out if someone tried to say stuff like that to me during a roll. Then again I'm a casual.

He posted a gay flag one night. I messaged him to say thank you. I'm not a homosexual, but one of my friends is. He was supportive.

One day Tom asked for a match. He claimed I couldn't defeat him or his team. I'd defeated two of them at this point. I was defeated by Gordon Ryan in an amateur match. Afterwards, Deblass stared talking shit. I took offense and talked shit right back, cause I'm no bitch. Deblass' other man was up next. So Deblass calls me on the phone and threatens to kill me as I'm up against his team.

Then produce it.

Tom posts on here as well so I'm sure he'll see it. Not that it matters anyway I don't really believe your story.

thats a pretty bold accusation to make Os3y3ris. You cant just bring something up like that then provide no proof or details

It's hard for me to believe that Tom would go after anyone unprovoked. He is far from a bully. Now if you challenged him, talked trash or threatened him I would not be surprised if he reacted strongly.

Back