Tom Clancy's: The Division 2 - Official Thread

Servers were in countdown to go offline for three hours about an hour ago. Three guys and myself are in ODZ doing our thing and as the maintenance ticker got down to 5-ish minutes, the entire DZ converged on extraction so all could decontaminate, CP, and log off. Helo then inbound and it turned batty madness. I don't think anyone got anything out and it felt like tens of matrixed dudes in a bullet bonanza. I and everyone tried to unsecure others' loot and got downed, revived, shot up, ganked… I have a high canister-count and radius buff on my Chem cloud so I lit the entire extraction area up in pink corrosive, lol. I've never been so sad to have to log off.

<mma1>

Servers were in countdown to go offline for three hours about an hour ago. Three guys and myself are in ODZ doing our thing and as the maintenance ticker got down to 5-ish minutes, the entire DZ converged on extraction so all could decontaminate, CP, and log off. Helo then inbound and it turned batty madness. I don't think anyone got anything out and it felt like tens of matrixed dudes in a bullet bonanza. I and everyone tried to unsecure others' loot and got downed, revived, shot up, ganked… I have a high canister-count and radius buff on my Chem cloud so I lit the entire extraction area up in pink corrosive, lol. I've never been so sad to have to log off.

<mma1>

I decided to go armor/skill build. AK hits hard and still does some elite damage. 227k armor with 2.2k skill power.

<mma1>

That sounds like a freaking Michael Bay movie!!!!

th

I decided to go armor/skill build. AK hits hard and still does some elite damage. 227k armor with 2.2k skill power.
Im all skill, like 2/2/7 in the circle (was 1/1/14 for a bit but had to readjust to keep my gear near my level)
I just sit back and let my drones do all the work, haha

Im all skill, like 2/2/7 in the circle (was 1/1/14 for a bit but had to readjust to keep my gear near my level)
I just sit back and let my drones do all the work, haha

Hahaha I use the turret and the mender seeker.

Ok. Did some more tinkering...

217k armor
86k health
1679 skill power

I think I'm okay with that

Ok. Did some more tinkering...

217k armor
86k health
1679 skill power

I think I'm okay with that
Very jealous of your H, I have to say. I've been similarly happy with my current China Light shotgun build but have had to sacrifice key wants, as we all have. Am presently:

A-315K
H-37K
S-2200

I had a Sp build previously that sat me at 2700 but, candidly, it took any armour or health base out from under me and I didn't feel 'good' going into firefights, taking my battle confidence down a notch. I modded attributes as well as talents for that build for Skill auxiliaries (exhausting my electronics in the process, boo) and it had some cool moments for the brevity I ran with it. The nuances in this game are deceivingly many.

I have still two unclaimed apparel crates of the 30 to earn so I'd like to knock those out over the next day. I've been enjoying tinkering with Outcast accoutrements but the Black Tusk Commander mask was love at first sight so I keep it fly but nonetheless eclectic. My loadout is skinned for Hornet. Madcap (the red-on-white) was a favourite for a long while though. You?

Very jealous of your H, I have to say. I've been similarly happy with my current China Light shotgun build but have had to sacrifice key wants, as we all have. Am presently:

A-315K
H-37K
S-2200

I had a Sp build previously that sat me at 2700 but, candidly, it took any armour or health base out from under me and I didn't feel 'good' going into firefights, taking my battle confidence down a notch. I modded attributes as well as talents for that build for Skill auxiliaries (exhausting my electronics in the process, boo) and it had some cool moments for the brevity I ran with it. The nuances in this game are deceivingly many.

I have still two unclaimed apparel crates of the 30 to earn so I'd like to knock those out over the next day. I've been enjoying tinkering with Outcast accoutrements but the Black Tusk Commander mask was love at first sight so I keep it fly but nonetheless eclectic. My loadout is skinned for Hornet. Madcap (the red-on-white) was a favourite for a long while though. You?

Nothing specific. Agent Ward's shirt with dark blue tactical pants and explorer boots with the midas mask.

How long should I wait before I start paying attention to specific builds?
Right now I am just about level 9 and just kinda taking my time playing each side mission that presents itself before rushing through the story, but I haven't been paying any attention at all to gear perks etc. I just equip whatever is highest armour value or Damage value.

Just high enough gear power to try and attempt to take down the Black Tusk bade in Tidal Basin (?)
I’m gonna try that tonight.
I just want better gear and I’m still waiting for my first piece of exotic gear or weapon.

Right now I am just about level 9 and just kinda taking my time playing each side mission that presents itself before rushing through the story, but I haven't been paying any attention at all to gear perks etc. I just equip whatever is highest armour value or Damage value.

I wouldn't pay attention to that until after 30.

Just high enough gear power to try and attempt to take down the Black Tusk bade in Tidal Basin (?)
I just want better gear and I’m still waiting for my first piece of exotic gear or weapon.

If you don't have friends, matchmake. Wyvern is a tough bitch.

If you don't have friends, matchmake. Wyvern is a tough bitch.
I usually go in solo, beat the first checkpoint die by the second checkpoint enough times i do that call for back up till I get some people in. I might hold off til I can get some better gear. I just advanced to world tier 4

End game IMO. Prior to that just keep upping the armor stat. The only real "bonus's" I kept an eye on were the "percent extra damage to elites"

When you break lvl 30 and enter into GS tiers (Gear Score), it's only viable upon hitting the soft ceilings of scores 300, 350, 400, 450, and then ultimately 494-500 – the 494+ is because you'll need flexibility to min/max, trust me. I know these figures seem worlds away and it sucks to hear but vagabond, equip-what-you-find is perfect for where you're at and until the above soft caps in-game. Good on you.

As you've no doubt noticed, levelling comes at a healthy to brisk pace; having a build-centric piece of kit levelled x stands markedly at odds with the exciting state of flux you're in. Observe brand strengths rather right now and experiment with what your primary and secondary weapons of choice are – or then if your combat style is Skills-heavy – as one of these two/three will serve as a nucleus around which a lot will revolve come endgame. Armour and health are more across-the-board constants for agents than variables unique to you, so don't worry about those; it will all come together, Stab.

Unless presently a GS 490+ you'll fast outlevel any exotics dropped; they're also only meaningful in number. One is tissue and outperformed by a simple Alps Summit armament. I'd really chill until that point plateau if not yet there. My stash is filled with mint-green loot that hasn't any use to me; I've ran TB four times now, FWIW. If you wish for a quick gear grab, match for and hit up Conflict; the caches are good, in my experience. Territory Controls are other detours worth your while.

Good luck, of course, if you run TB tonight; nothing on Story is that rough so be positionally aware of your six, pair off at no-respawn points, and it's a done deal.

Back