Tom Clancy's: The Division 2 - Official Thread

Anybody using the green gear sets?

Is it worth it ?

HARD WIRED SET - SKILL BUILD

Skill Build with Hard Wired Set is worth your while. Look for weapons with Spike or Perfect Spike to complement the build.

Hard Wired allows you reset your skill when you use the other skill (cooldown of 10 or 20 seconds depending on whether you rock the chest piece or not). It's usually built around the Cluster Bombs so you can reset it and continually use it. There's also a bag or chest piece that gives you a 25% chance of resetting your cooldown when you use skills so you can bypass using the Hard Wired Set (this gold build requires the right pieces and a lot more work but it's more powerful I think). Stack Skill Damage and/or Skill Speed.

Generally I've been running a Skill Build using Cluster Bomb with Assault Turret. The Sniper Turret is supposedly way better but I find the Assault Turret to be more useful personally. It's consistent damage over time and serves an additional purpose as a decoy. I hit enemies with Spike to boost the turret/bomb damage. I used to break down the Assault Turret to reset my bombs but lately I find my turret to be way more useful and you can pair it with any faster resetting skill. Now when my Turret time is near the end (time or health wise) I save my bombs and either wait for the turret to die or manually remove it from the field then use the bomb to reset the turret immediately so I can place it back on the field. My turret is almost always on the battlefield with little to no downtime. Place it at the highest point and as further back as possible without anything obstructing its firing view for maximum effect.
-----

PATRIOT SET - SHIELD BUILD

This build is fun as shit. There are various builds around it (Firewall or Tactician Specialization). You need very specific items to make it viable for a solo build at high levels but it's mostly for team play. You pair up with a pair of some DPS players and/or one skill player and you can blow through many missions. There's a build that centers around an exotic pistol but I don't have that yet.

Gather 4-5 pieces of the Patriot Set with as much Armor/Armor Regeneration. You're basically in the front soaking up all the damage and attention. There's a chest that gives you 5 secs of invulnerability every time you activate your shield so moving around stuff to block incoming shots and turning on and off your shield during critical times will help you survive at higher level difficulty. My current version is not a DPS building although it does solid damage. Add the reworked Sawyer's kneepads for additional damage (when you stand still).

Last edited:
I re-rolled my Sawyer's Kneepads. If they nerf that, I'm done indefinitely. It's too much.

the stealth Nerf was for the M1A as of now.

the sawyers actually got a buff and are even more useful now.

Last edited:
the stealth Nerf was for the M4A1 as of now.

the sawyers actually got a buff and are even more useful now.

They're actually undoing the M1A nerf for PVE and leaving a 20% nerf for PVP.

They're actually undoing the M1A nerf for PVE and leaving a 20% nerf for PVP.

yeah watching it right now (not live). that's cool. it was an honest mistake and the immediate solution makes sense and works.

long term it will still be slightly nerfed for PVE. meh.. use other guns or prepare to use other guns..

Last edited:
yeah watching it right now (not live). that's cool. it was an honest mistake and the immediate solution makes sense and works.

long term it will still be slightly nerfed for PVE. meh.. use other guns or prepare to use other guns..

Really, I was having success with the SOCOM M1A, but I feel like ARs and other guns need to hit harder, too. Pre TU8.

Really, I was having success with the SOCOM M1A, but I feel like ARs and other guns need to hit harder, too. Pre TU8.

I am actually relatively new to the game so as soon as I started I knew to look for that M1A since it was the meta. But as I levelled up and acquired more gear I started to branch out of the DPS build and now I am tinkering around with other weapons. Recently started messing around with ARs and I must say I like 'em. I do agree that they do need to hit a bit harder.

I loved my m1a, but just switched when i got Everlasting Gaze, 5k less damage for way higher rpm and double the magazine size. Then again i'm skill HEAVY so really dont worry about my weapon damage too much, just snipe at what i can while my turrets and drone do most of the work

I loved my m1a, but just switched when i got Everlasting Gaze, 5k less damage for way higher rpm and double the magazine size. Then again i'm skill HEAVY so really dont worry about my weapon damage too much, just snipe at what i can while my turrets and drone do most of the work

I want to use the drone but when I send it out to attack, it gets one-shot after 2 seconds. I was using the bombardier but it's just too awkward.

I want to use the drone but when I send it out to attack, it gets one-shot after 2 seconds. I was using the bombardier but it's just too awkward.
Mine is maxed out so its pretty tough and with the turret is a strong combo, it flushes enemies out of cover and they both wipe out even gold enemies with ease. Also my cooldown is under 20 seconds so half the time i realize it died its already ready again. I'll post stats when I get home

Mine is maxed out so its pretty tough and with the turret is a strong combo, it flushes enemies out of cover and they both wipe out even gold enemies with ease. Also my cooldown is under 20 seconds so half the time i realize it died its already ready again. I'll post stats when I get home

Thanks! I'd love to see that build!

Thanks! I'd love to see that build!
This should provide all the details you want, lemme know if there's anything else you're curious about. Pretty much every gear attribute is skill damage and/or skill haste
EWTpUjjWoAEOQzx

This should provide all the details you want, lemme know if there's anything else you're curious about. Pretty much every gear attribute is skill damage and/or skill haste
EWTpUjjWoAEOQzx

Thanks! I'm going to try to clone your build!

Thanks! I'm going to try to clone your build!
It's not the ideal build, i had better talents in older gear, i still haven't mastered (/had the patience for) crafting to try to get the right combo of talents and attributes. Besides the ones that buff skill damage, i like the one that gave the turret a shock radius around it.
Also trying to collect hard wired gear set

Is this normal for this time of day?!?
EWYLjqBWkAAfFe0

I only saw that when it first kicked off and that was just once. I know they had maintenance scheduled for today. I'm thinking they're fixing the M1 Nerf. I'm going to give it an hour and log in.

I was fiddling around with this build last night. I still need to tweak more critical points into it but it performed VERY well even in its fledgling state. You WILL be super squishy though!

EWTpUjjWoAEOQzx

That was my very first build. I loved it.

Back