Tom Breese the benefactor of favourable UFC matchmaking

IntheZone

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The UFC must really like Tom Breese they are giving him a highlight on a silver platter with Keita Nakamura, Nakamura's previous stint with the UFC between 2006-2008 yielded a 1-3 record and even though he is on a five fight win streak it is against less then stellar opponents.

I've noticed Asian fighters seem to get thrown to the wolves more often than others. Not to mention Breese looks like a LHW

I'd like to see Breese get a step up in competition if he wins today.

That said he fought complete scrubs before the UFC and had no highlight reel.

Fighting weak competition is no guarantee for a highlight reel.

Ridiculous, he fought Pendred in his second fight and no matter what you think of the guy that is a very tough fight. Nakamura is one of the most experienced fighters in the division. Facing Pendred and Nakamura in your 2nd and 3rd ufc fights is the exact opposite of favorable matchmaking.

You said Nakamura has beat average opponents which also equally absurd. Li is a solid prospect that should have been undefeated in the ufc before they fought

Typical white belt BS thread

Last edited:
Brits have to be coddled on their home soil. There is also a low level of talent in the UK, so the UFC is trying to inflate their records

Doesn't neccesarily seem favourable, they seem to be throwing him a bit of a bone to build him up maybe but he is a good striker. Fun to watch but Nakamura is no gimme that's for sure, he's coming to throw down.

I've noticed Asian fighters seem to get thrown to the wolves more often than others. Not to mention Breese looks like a LHW
They're trying to teach Asians that the mma bosses live in the Western world. I've thought that for a while now. They hype OK Asian fighters just to have them smashed. Kinda like what Vince McMahon did to all the WCW fighters after he bought it from Ted Turner.

Pendred was 4-1 in UFC when he fought Bresse, i can't say Cathal is an easy guy for second UFC fight

Nakamura is very experienced btw, sure rankings wise Cathal was better but still a good fight for Bresse

They're trying to teach Asians that the mma bosses live in the Western world. I've thought that for a while now. They hype OK Asian fighters just to have them smashed. Kinda like what Vince McMahon did to all the WCW fighters after he bought it from Ted Turner.
Exactly

It's his 10th pro fight and his 3rd for the UFC, he's still new at this and fighting the kind of guys he should be fighting

Tell that to Bisping.

Right. Bisping, finally getting his shot at Anderson. Too bad he could never get there on his own merits when Anderson was champion. He had to wait for this little showcase card against a largely over-the-hill and irrelevant Anderson. And even with everything set up in Bisping's favor, the outcome is still very much in doubt.

Don't worry though. Weidman softened Anderson up for you. The Count might eek out another robbery decision like he did against Hammil.

Right. Bisping, finally getting his shot at Anderson. Too bad he could never get there on his own merits when Anderson was champion. He had to wait for this little showcase card against a largely over-the-hill and irrelevant Anderson. And even with everything set up in Bisping's favor, the outcome is still very much in doubt.

Don't worry though. Weidman softened Anderson up for you. The Count might eek out another robbery decision like he did against Hammil.
softened him up for me?? I'm just saying Silva isn't exactly a walk in the park, I don't get why you felt the need to write a paragraph as if you're somehow offended at me?

This + Breese isn't the only
model to ts' idea... by far,
in fact...

So is the "CELTIC Warrior"
Who was gifted the ridiculous
doctor stoppage in his fight
against akbar areolla in
Australia.

Back