Tom Brady Restructures Contract So Patriots Have 24 Mil More Cap To Sign Players

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
I don't know how many players are willing to do this to insure that the team can sign better players. Sherdoggers do you know any players who forfeit cash on the table so the team can bolster their signings? Its not the first time he has done this but its for the most money I have seen in the past it was for like 12 million or so?

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/4572...gives-up-24-million-restructures-contract.htm

Intereesting they say Gisele his wife may have helped that situation because her personal fortune is worth a few hundred million dollars. Its not like he is the bread winner in the house so it leaves him room to get to sign better players.

He freed up zero cap space if he's on the roster.

I'm sure Brady will get his money on the back end....after he retires, Robert Kraft can pay him a few mil here and there as a consultant.

Still, it's a great gesture to do that. 199th pick in the draft (each team passed on him at least 5 times) and he's in the discussion for best QB ever.

He's still getting the same amount of money - this has no salary cap implications. The contract was 100% guaranteed, now he's only got guaranteed money if he's injured. Also means that he can be cut without the Patriot's incurring dead cap space.

Dirk took 30 million for 3 years and probably could've gotten a max deal somewhere else. I love to see guys care that much about winning, it's easy to say you would but leaving 50 million+ on the table would be hard to do

Intereesting they say Gisele his wife may have helped that situation because her personal fortune is worth a few hundred million dollars. Its not like he is the bread winner in the house so it leaves him room to get to sign better players.
Also banking on it increasing his marketability, especially if he wins another Super Bowl. There's also some desperation there because the cheapskate owner has shortchanged him on talent a lot over the years, besides all the injuries and other issues like Hernandez being a psycho.

Dirk took 30 million for 3 years and probably could've gotten a max deal somewhere else. I love to see guys care that much about winning, it's easy to say you would but leaving 50 million+ on the table would be hard to do
That has to be the greatest example. He could have gotten a 3 year deal with a ton of money per year. Technically, I don't think that's considered a max deal (which is a longer term contract that younger players get), but he'd be making just as much money per year, if not more. But he wants to win and he wants to win in Dallas. I wish him the best. It'd be cool to see him win another chip, as well as Rondo. Also the deal was initially reported as $30 million, but it was actually $25 million. So he sacrificed even more than many people realize.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/dirk-nowitzki/

I guess that extra 300 million from Gisele comes in handy sometimes.

But he might do this even if he wasn't married to the richest supermodel. Dude loves football and winning more than anything.

Avocado ice cream motherfuckers.

This motherfucking beautiful sunufabitch right here:

tim-duncan-nba-playoffs-portland-trail-blazers-san-antonio-spurs.jpg

Back