Tom Aspinhall vs Sergey Spivak who takes it?

Yrat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both have similar record and around the same age. Tom came from a win against Andrei Arlovski however Sergey have fought more experienced fighters totally.

If Toms wrestling are in that level as I can see he should outwrestle Sergey, in stand up I believe Sergey can make a tko win.

I saw Spivak's UFC debut when he got wrecked by Walt Harris. He has looked pretty good since then, but it's hard to get past the impression that his chin is an issue.

Aspinall has looked like a world-beater so far, but against pretty weak opposition.

I saw Spivak's UFC debut when he got wrecked by Walt Harris. He has looked pretty good since then, but it's hard to get past the impression that his chin is an issue.

Aspinall has looked like a world-beater so far, but against pretty weak opposition.
I agree I do believe they will try to match Tom against Marcin Tybura.

Tom smashes Spivak and he knows it, hence why Spivak pulled out when they were first booked. Haven't been impressed at all by any of Spivak's fights, just another super technical grinder with very few physical attributes which admittedly is rare for heavyweight but still makes for dull viewing most of the time.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing for Spivak on the feet. If he can't get on top of Tom, he has nothing.

Agreed. Spivac isn't bad but he's mainly beating lower level guys. I don't think he'd have the physical strength to take Apsinall down and keep him there, and standing, he's a sitting duck.

Personally, I think Aspinall is the second best heavyweight prospect in the UFC, the best being Gane, if he can even be still considered a prospect. A future fight between them would likely be very interesting.

Spivak by sub or decision. Aspinall is overrated imo

Back