Rumored Tofiq Musayev vs Luiz Gustavo RIZIN FF

Easy money for Tofiq, lets have a RIZIN vs Bellator and fight Tofiq vs Chandler.

Nobody is gonna beat Tofiq outside the UFC it seems. If Chandler bolts for UFC, there’s nobody else. It looks like Myles Jury might become the best LW in Bellator soon.

Nobody is gonna beat Tofiq outside the UFC it seems. If Chandler bolts for UFC, there’s nobody else. It looks like Myles Jury might become the best LW in Bellator soon.
I think Primus beats him and Patricky has a shot in the rematch.

thats a fan post from over a month ago i wouldnt take it as gospel
I hope RIZIN makes Chandler vs Musayev, would be a great fight

Really dislike this fight. Musayev is supposed to win and there's no upside for him.

AAA would at the very least give him a run for his money. Shabily, Vartanyan, Gamrot and Schulte would all be tough fights too.

I don't think it's cut and dried that he's the best LW outside the UFC at all.

Really dislike this fight. Musayev is supposed to win and there's no upside for him.

Who else is there for him to fight at this point in Rizin though? I doubt they risk Mikuru against him and he's really a FW anyway.

Really wish UFC had made him a better offer.

Intersting that Mr badass Mikuru Asakura doesn't ask for a Tofiq match. And before somebody is going to use the weight excuse.

He fought last year also in lightweight and this year he fought in catchweight (150 Ibs). He is 5 ft 10, Tofiq is 5 ft 10. He definitely not going to look like a midget in lightweight against Tofiq.

So Why is he hasitating, I thought he was gangster and all that.

@Hellowhosthat do you have an answer?

Intersting that Mr badass Mikuru Asakura doesn't ask for a Tofiq match. And before somebody is going to use the weight excuse.

He fought last year also in lightweight and this year he fought in catchweight (150 Ibs). He is 5 ft 10, Tofiq is 5 ft 10. He definitely not going to look like a midget in lightweight against Tofiq.

So Why is he hasitating, I thought he was gangster and all that.

@Hellowhosthat do you have an answer?

No idea, I don't know if Rizin themselves would want to make the match. He's their most marketable star and they'd probably rather try and build him into a champion at FW if they can get him to move down. I don't think he's ducking, but I get the sense that he's being protected. He fought a decent opponent in Macapa a couple of fights ago and then for whatever reason they've given him a step down in competition.

I don't think he beats Tofiq personally, but his hands could make it interesting.

Honestly I don't think Tofiq is a very top-level lightweight at all judging by what exists outside the UFC. He's tough, insistant, and very strong (basically all his physical attributes are good) but in many other areas he really seems lacking. Patricky was cracking him real good until fading after falling out of the ring in classical Patricky fashion. I'd easily favor the elite of Bellator, ACA and Christian Lee/Garmot over him.

Mikuru is a featherweight, @Seso keeps ducking my posts explaining this to him, I guess he's slow in the head

Tofiq makes 155 with nearly zero bodyfat, he's very big for the division, Mikuru is far less lean up there. Height means nothing. George Roop is a bantamweight and 5'11. Mass is what defines size.

Also travel is shut down from Azerbaijan to Japan so the fight is logistically impossible this year so I don't know why you'd expect people to call for it

No idea, I don't know if Rizin themselves would want to make the match. He's their most marketable star and they'd probably rather try and build him into a champion at FW if they can get him to move down. I don't think he's ducking, but I get the sense that he's being protected. He fought a decent opponent in Macapa a couple of fights ago and then for whatever reason they've given him a step down in competition.

I don't think he beats Tofiq personally, but his hands could make it interesting.
@Seso also wanted Mikuru to fight to utterly mediocre looking Keramov above anyone else at FW, I think he just has a fetish for hairy mountain men fighters because they look tougher, doesn't actually have an eye for the sport

Tofiq is the best LW talent outside of the UFC that isn't chandler or lil Pitbull imo. The dude is legit great everywhere. I don't see him losing.

Back