Todd Duffee and Meathead will be nice additions to Bellator

Linux34

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Surprised the UFC isn't paying these guys decently. Both green with lots of years left.

Surprised the UFC isn't paying these guys decently. Both green with lots of years left.

Dude, Mitrione is 37. He hasn't spent too many years in MMA, but he also had college and NFL football careers--with lots of injuries in the NFL. He's at least 37 years old in fighting/football/wear-n-tear years.

Mitrione vs Kimbo 2 is the fight we've all been waiting for.

Awesome. Duffee vs Christian Mbutu is the fight that the world has been waiting for.

Meathead may be on the way out, but I don't think Duffee spent all that time trying to get back in the big show just to bail now.

He already learned the lesson of talking yourself out of a job bitching about pay.

I had such high hopes for Duffee. Too bad his chin is made of wet paper bags.

Dude, Mitrione is 37. He hasn't spent too many years in MMA, but he also had college and NFL football careers--with lots of injuries in the NFL. He's at least 37 years old in fighting/football/wear-n-tear years.

6 years is a long time

6 years is a long time

Sure, but many other current HWs have fought more than twice that long (Mir, Barnett, Cro-Cop, etc.). I was giving the T.S. the benefit of the doubt on that part, but showing him that Mitrione is still pretty old, chronologically and physically.

4 years of college football + 3-4 years in the NFL with many injuries + 6 years of MMA = a fighter without much time left on his clock.

I agree they would be.
Bellator always puts on a great show however the hw division can use a kick.

does the hw champ for bellator even fight? what'd be the point of joining? to fight cheik kongo 20 times? or get a lucky freakshow fight with bobby lashley?

Kimbo got this. TKO after escaping a chokehold Hulk Hogan style.

Then a masked Ken Shamrock enters the cage with a steel chair. Tito and Bonnar jump in afterwards, and suddenly we have the wildest brawl since Mayhem vs. the entire Cesar Gracie camp!

Funny how everyone assumes UFC castoffs will do well in Bellator. Just as likely to get owned there imo.

I had such high hopes for Duffee. Too bad his chin is made of wet paper bags.

To be fair, the punch Mir hit him with would've put out anybody. That was more a matter of leaving a gigantic opening.

To be fair, the punch Mir hit him with would've put out anybody. That was more a matter of leaving a gigantic opening.

True, but I think his weak chin has been evident since Russow KO'd him...AFTER Duffee treated Russow like a human punching bag for 2.5 rounds.

Back