Todays WW division is the most stacked division ever

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
WW is super high right now,Good time to be an MMA fan
Hendricks,Lawler,Condit,Rory,Ellenberger,Lombard,Brown,Alves,Woodley....

I can't help but feel like the WW champ will always be a paper-champ, though.

It does have more Dong than any other division.

Its crazy stacked. Even in the lower ranks there are also guys like - Thatch, Gunnar, Amagov (top 5 talent IMO), Gastelum, did I forget anyone.

How is it more stacked than before GSP left? It's got the same guys, minus GSP....

its been my 2nd favorite devision just behind LHW for like forever. Hughes - serra - gsp - kosh - fitch - alves. But tbh it surpasses LHW by a mile atm.

Good times!

The current WW champ got his ass kicked by Josh Kosheck... never forget ;)

Doubt Hedricks will stay champion for long. Exciting times in the division really.

who would you rather focus on , the Hendricks of past who you think lost to Kos. Or the recent one , who gave GSP the beating of a life time, who despite a torn bicep , broken shin and a fucked up weight cut edged a murderer?

Look at yourself when you say what you say.

on this one: Hendricks won't stay champ for long,as he barely eked out a decision win in his first title defense,wait!: He hasn't defended the belt yet!This makes GSP reign all the more impressive in spite of lack of finishes.
The fans win because of this shark tank of a division.

Lightweight is still the best division. Pettis, Melendez, Diaz, Henderson, Thomson, Nurmagomedov, Miller, Cerrone, Dos Anjos, Jury, Johnson, Sanchez, Khalibov. The entire division is a murderers row.

Lightweight is still the best division. Pettis, Melendez, Diaz, Henderson, Thomson, Nurmagomedov, Miller, Cerrone, Dos Anjos, Jury, Johnson, Sanchez, Khalibov. The entire division is a murderers row.

Lets compare

Hendricks,Lawler,Condit,Rory,Ellenberger ,Lombard,Brown,Alves, Woodley,Thatch, Gunnar, Amagov , Gastelum

13-13

Its a tie!

I agree it's a good division right now, although it's not the most entertaining one in my opinion.

'05 Pride middleweight division
Shogun, Wanderlei, Rampage, Igor Vovchanchyn, Lil Nog, Overeem, Saku, Arona, Vitor, Hendo

This is a very impressive talent pool with only listing part of the WW's listed on UFC.com:

Ildemar Alcantara
Thiago Alves
Seth Baczynski
Siyar Bahadurzada
Matt Brown
Carlos Condit
Patrick Cote
Jake Ellenberger
Alex Garcia
Kelvin Gastelum
John Hathaway
Johny Hendricks
Jason High
Martin Kampmann
Dong Hyun Kim
Ryan LaFlare
Robbie Lawler
Hyun Gyu Lim
Hector Lombard
Rory MacDonald
Demian Maia
Jordan Mein
Gunnar Nelson
Kyle Noke
Claude Patrick
Mike Pierce
Mike Pyle
Tarec Saffiedine
Erick Silva
Rick Story
Brandon Thatch
Paulo Thiago
Stephen Thompson
Tyron Woodley

It was very deep before. I really don't think it's deeper now.

And the champ before got beaten by Serra. The one before lost twice to Hallman. So what's your point?

Back