Todays photo of 185lbs Nick Diaz

This. I don't think he had abs during his Anderson Silva fight...

I don't think he had abs at this photo shoot. I just assume most everything is worked on these days (shooped etc...). Like many I"m just hoping for a decent fight.

Keep in mind, even when he was partying nonstop the guy is a vegan who only shops at Wholefoods.

He was hammering vodka sodas not McDonalds and would go on the occasional run lol

Actually he shops at "farmers markets to buy that bomb ass organic food and then you go down the street to buy that bomb ass weed!"

nick-diaz-poses-for-a-portrait-during-a-ufc-photo-session-on-22-2021-picture-id1341960222

nick-diaz-poses-for-a-portrait-during-a-ufc-photo-session-on-22-2021-picture-id1341960216

nick-diaz-poses-for-a-portrait-during-a-ufc-photo-session-on-22-2021-picture-id1341960209

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/ufc?family=editorial&phrase=ufc&sort=newest
Wow, amazing physique. Did Romero grow a beard?

People are saying "hell yea! fight at natural weight,weight cutting is bullshit"

Robbie Lawler: "WHATEVER...sometimes ya gotta take the good with the bad..."

Just because of all the shanenigans the Diaz are always pulling out - this time being the weight... - , I wouldn't mind seeing him getting KO'd.

He doesn't seem very motivated either, or it's just his normal self, being socially awkward:

Is that Nick's GF? she looks as introverted as he does, like two peas in a pod.

I know how it works, the big draws get the big fights but even considering that this would be ridiculous.

Adesanya called out Nick Diaz? I must have missed that

Adesanya didn’t call him out, I meant it’s the only money fight available to him. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see it happen, actually think it’s likelier than Usman.

With a win Díaz fights either Masvidal or Izzy, for sure

Just to be clear for everyone reading... This guy said Nick Diaz is given a title shot at WW and MW if he wins.

and he thinks i'm a moron.

I didn’t say he’s take it. Don’t think the Usman fight would appeal to him. If I was betting money I’d say he takes Masvidal or Adesanya off the back of a win against Lawler.

He will be offered a shot at either WW or MW though

how did he PROVE he can make weight.

You know what fuckin relax it's been 6 years. Give him a break. Benefit of the doubt he can't just make being a fit 170 in 4 months.

and for the last time in my opinion a catchweight is way more appropriate.
Lol you don't even know about his test cut a few months ago?

Bro, a catchweight is fine, changing it to a catchweight a few days before weigh-ins because you're Nick Diaz and can get away with it is BS

Conor hasn't won a fight at lightweight since 2016 and he's somehow ranked in the division. He got knocked out by Poirer in the second round with zero controversy and they immediately ran a rematch.

Nick fought GSP coming off a LOSS to Condit.

The UFC runs this thing like the circus coming to town, not a sport. If it were up to me I'd make rankings based on a formula and matches based on brackets, but I didn't have a few billion to buy it so they do as they please.

Be ZERO surprised if they put together Nick vs Usman if he pulls out a big win. Of course it wouldn't be fair or make sense, but that is irrelevant under the current management.

accurate data doesn’t sell fights. Marketing sells fights. PPV buyers don’t care about rankings. They want to see the guy with a bunch of highlight reels Vs the other guy with an awesome highlight reel. Mix in trash talk and you sell even more tickets and ppv’s. A cool accent is helpful.

its not a terrible system.

the cool part is that you still have to win. Unless you’re conor. Lol. But there’s still that random element where anyone can get lucky. Anyone can win on any given day. But there’s still excitement because it’s still a real fight. Anything can Happen.

so yeah, the rankings suck, but it’s still good entertainment.

sincerely,

a jaded mma fan.

No one should.

I like Nick,but the way people are covering for him on this,is ridiculous.
I guess that's just how all these fandoms are on Sherdog, but yeah it's annoying... I can get over it, but at least admit he is in the wrong

Lol you don't even know about his test cut a few months ago?

Bro, a catchweight is fine, changing it to a catchweight a few days before weigh-ins because you're Nick Diaz and can get away with it is BS
It's not a catch weight. They are moving up an entire 15 pounds to MW. So I 100% expect people to rightfully be pissed.

I didn’t say he’s take it. Don’t think the Usman fight would appeal to him. If I was betting money I’d say he takes Masvidal or Adesanya off the back of a win against Lawler.

He will be offered a shot at either WW or MW though

yeah bro uh I know the idiotic point you were making in the first place

your take has no percentage of happening. it is what you call extremely fucking stupid. Lawler or Diaz would never ever get a title shot even if they win by flying gogoplata

Adesanya didn’t call him out, I meant it’s the only money fight available to him. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see it happen, actually think it’s likelier than Usman.

With a win Díaz fights either Masvidal or Izzy, for sure

Masvidal would make some sense to be honest, I think that’s what Diaz would want, it’s probably a bigger money fight than an Usman stoush anyway

Back