Todays HW's are soo crap

Ivancho

Amante de las mma
@Brown
Reaction score
Man I watched all the best hw boxers and they sucks so hard, the only one I respect is fury because he moves so well for such a big man but the rest are a bunch of cans no technique robotics, bad cardio. It seems that they only focus on weight llifting and shit.. this Anthony joshua guy man he is not better than Frank bruno, and bruno was an ok boxer, so predictable and robotic, poor cardio all muscles, he always throw the same type of punches.
Wilder a bum with power
ruiz has some skills but is a fat piece of shit
chisora slow and out of proper shape for fighting.
Usyk ok
Dubois robotic and slow, predictable no skilled
This nigerian dude can't remember his name another bum with no skills
It's just sad how bad these guys are compared to boxers from the past.
Larry holmes was miles ahead in skills compared to these

Last edited:
Hasnt been good since the 90s

Honestly the 00s and 10s were prolly worse than this current era.

There was purime Wlad back then (and peak Vitali i guess but i consider him more late 90s at best) who was better than anyone today except maybe Fury but I dont think think there was a top 5 as good as Fury, Joshua, Wilder, Ruiz and Usyk in the past couple decades

Smellerman actually called this a golden era for HWs lmfao

Last edited:
Fury is a beast though
Hasnt been good since the 90s

Honestly the 00s and 10s were prolly worse than this current era.

There was purime Wlad back then who was better than anyone today except maybe Fury but I dont think think there was a top 5 as good as Fury, Joshua, Wilder, Ruiz and Usyk in the past couple decades

Smellerman actually called this a golden era for HWs lmfao

yeah I think at least its better than a couple of years ago but again it's frustrating how unskilled the majority of these guys are also they are way bigger but slower

yeah I think at least its better than a couple of years ago but again it's frustrating how unskilled the majority of these guys are also they are way bigger but slower

MMA is much the same. The HW division peaked in the early to mid 2000s. Leftovers from that era were still ranked and fighting for titles in the past few years lmao

There's always someone who wants to complain about the state of the heavyweight division. It goes back generations as there always seems to be a disgruntled lot of fans who long for the days of the past. During the Joe Louis era, they longed for the days of Dempsey. During Ali's era, they longed for the days of Marciano & during the Holmes era, they longed for the days of Ali. Now there are those who long for the days of Mike Tyson. They never seem to appreciate what they have.

Me? I think the current heavyweight division is pretty deep. We've got the top of the class like Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Ruiz, Ortiz, Usyk & Povetkin. The guys coming up behind them quickly like Hunter, Joyce, Dubois, Hrgovic, Gassiev & Yoka. And then a really good young prospect in Jared Anderson who's probably only a year away from beating a lot of them. So, what's to hate? Sure, many of the fighters I listed have flaws but there's never been an era when the heavyweights didn't have flaws. So, I say enjoy what you've got while you've got it because you can't go back.

If you compare it to the 1990s, yes. But why compare it to the 1990s? Why don't we compare the 2020s to the 1920s? In this case the division, or the sport of boxing in general, is much better than it was 100 years ago.
So be more optimistic and less pessimistic... Things work in cycles and great era's take time to evolve out of previous era's.

Maybe we're even whitnessing something historical now and we don't quite notice it... Not fully our fault though, a few important things were blown (Wilder vs. Joshua).

HW was never the most skillful division to begin with.

There's always someone who wants to complain about the state of the heavyweight division. It goes back generations as there always seems to be a disgruntled lot of fans who long for the days of the past. During the Joe Louis era, they longed for the days of Dempsey. During Ali's era, they longed for the days of Marciano & during the Holmes era, they longed for the days of Ali. Now there are those who long for the days of Mike Tyson. They never seem to appreciate what they have.

Me? I think the current heavyweight division is pretty deep. We've got the top of the class like Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Ruiz, Ortiz, Usyk & Povetkin. The guys coming up behind them quickly like Hunter, Joyce, Dubois, Hrgovic, Gassiev & Yoka. And then a really good young prospect in Jared Anderson who's probably only a year away from beating a lot of them. So, what's to hate? Sure, many of the fighters I listed have flaws but there's never been an era when the heavyweights didn't have flaws. So, I say enjoy what you've got while you've got it because you can't go back.

90s division was obviously much better overall but Joshua is levels above Bruno ffs.
why? give me a reason why you consider joshua better than bruno. Guy has just basic skills, he compensate his mediocre technique with other attributes like size and power

The 90s weren’t the HW golden era that people remember. It featured two lazy, obese champions (Douglas, Bowe) swapping the belt with a former CW (Holyfield) who lost to a former LHW (Moorer) who lost to a guy 20 years and 30 pounds past his prime.

It was also the last era that largely didn’t have to compete with the accomplished amateurs coming out of Cuba and the former Soviet Union.

The 21st century has had bigger HWs from a wider international talent pool and the champions have had better amateur credentials than any other era. I think that the charism of the 90s fighters plus nostalgia is elevating them beyond where their actual talents would put them.

It's better than 10 years ago.

I don't see how Fury has convinced the world he's a HW Floyd Mayweather. He's more of a scrappy dude who can move his feet than a defensive wizard. Admittedly that's underselling him but some of this stuff is ridiculous.

Joshua is pretty legit if he gets to fight his fight but Ruiz exposed him as someone who struggles to deal to deal with adversity.

Wilder is the x factor of the division and I fully expect him to have a really weirdly spotted record from now on. He'll definitely get ko'd by someone he is supposed to walk over and then he'll return the favor to someone who should beat him. I wouldn't be surprised if he stops Fury.

Me? I think the current heavyweight division is pretty deep. We've got the top of the class like Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Ruiz, Ortiz, Usyk & Povetkin. The guys coming up behind them quickly like Hunter, Joyce, Dubois, Lovejoy, Hrgovic, Gassiev & Yoka. And then a really good young prospect in Jared Anderson who's probably only a year away from beating a lot of them. So, what's to hate? Sure, many of the fighters I listed have flaws but there's never been an era when the heavyweights didn't have flaws. So, I say enjoy what you've got while you've got it because you can't go back.

FIFY

yeah if only we could get tex cobb and tony tucker back

i love bonecrusher smith. one of my all time faves at HW. he doesn't get out of 5 rounds with joshua and fury makes him look silly.
fury yeah maybe but AJ is not a good boxer man he is not skilled, only a result of good timing. The only thing I respect about him its how keeps winning with all his flaws. At least is athletic and know how to use his size but that's all. I'm 100 percent sure bonecrusher smith would be a nightmare for him.

There will never be another Mike Tyson in boxing for the next couple of decades, will it?

Imagine if a manlet HW boxer started erasing random cans & journeyman boxers in a couple of rounds rounds at random matches via brutal KO and ended up KOing AJ in 2 rounds :D

The hype train would be unreal.

Back