Today learned that school + work = leaving my gym

HotViolence

White Belt
Reaction score
How manly have had to stop training because of these two things?
I'm really upset about this because I really like the gym I'm at (great instruction, really good sparring partners, close to home)
The story isn't as bad as it seems, i'm just going to have to travel for about 45 minutes to get to another gym that'll fit my schedule much better.
The other gym isn't so bad, I mean, it could be a lot better. The instructor is only Professor Marcus Soares, 7th degree red/black belt and highest ranking active Carlson Gracie professor.

Sorry, this post is mostly a mixture of being bummed out about the former and gloating about the latter to make up for it. :)

How manly have had to stop training because of these two things?
I'm really upset about this because I really like the gym I'm at (great instruction, really good sparring partners, close to home)
The story isn't as bad as it seems, i'm just going to have to travel for about 45 minutes to get to another gym that'll fit my schedule much better.
The other gym isn't so bad, I mean, it could be a lot better. The instructor is only Professor Marcus Soares, 7th degree red/black belt and highest ranking active Carlson Gracie professor.

Sorry, this post is mostly a mixture of being bummed out about the former and gloating about the latter to make up for it. :)

You bastard :icon_chee

if you ever wanna come down (up?, west?) to vancouver town, i'd be more than willing to take you along to share the experience of a severe beating at the hands of students :D

its funny im in paramedic school and i work 40+ hours and trying to train is tuff

sorry about having to move to a new school but also a little jealous of you :D Have fun training and avoid injuries at all cost!

Well gerbil, if you wanna come up here and be my private tutor for oh I dunno, the next three years I would be very grateful. With time being so limited it would be awesome to be like "hey gerbil, wanna roll?". Your services would be reimbursed with loving affection and me cooking dinner for you...no homo

Well gerbil, if you wanna come up here and be my private tutor for oh I dunno, the next three years I would be very grateful. With time being so limited it would be awesome to be like "hey gerbil, wanna roll?". Your services would be reimbursed with loving affection and me cooking dinner for you...no homo

Maybe he can affectionately gaze into your eyes serenading you with a beautiful song before he slowly chokes you unconscious with a triangle choke while naked in the shower while you lovingly massage the shampoo into his hair.

strong no homo

as long as he's showing me the intricacies and proper technique then w/e. But I imagine it to be hard to work up a good lather with one arm waving uselessly in front of me and all of the blood being blocked to my brain. Night comes quickly between Gerbil's legs...

I've learned this too =(

BJJ is both mentally and physically draining. As a chemical engineering student, I'm planning to take a break for the fall semester to focus on school, research and work. I guess I won't be getting my purple belt anytime soon, but the truth is money makes the world go round.

as long as he's showing me the intricacies and proper technique then w/e. But I imagine it to be hard to work up a good lather with one arm waving uselessly in front of me and all of the blood being blocked to my brain. Night comes quickly between Gerbil's legs...

Lmao this is far too gay...but i like it. no homo

I feel you man. I wish I can roll all day, but going to school and work=inconsistent BJJ. Sucks!

There is literally nothing to be bummed about... there are so many good gyms in the Fraser Valley you can't go wrong man. Which gym are you driving 45 minutes to go to? How long have you been training for?

There is literally nothing to be bummed about... there are so many good gyms in the Fraser Valley you can't go wrong man. Which gym are you driving 45 minutes to go to? How long have you been training for?
6 months only, and I'd be driving to Burnaby/New West area, Fraser Valley is a little too far for me considering I live in richmond

Interesting word of choice considering some of the things said in this thread lol:icon_chee

Hahaha, I was all ready to say "Don't worry, man. You'll settle into a new routine and get back into training..." etc. But EFF YOU.

school + work
and in the summer
work + work
has really been the biggest jitsu cock block of my existence actually.

I have adapted by organizing (basically just sending out a mass text message with a time) with other guys from my gym and other local gyms whom can make it to just have open roll during other times Im available to train the gym when theres no classes going on. We have actually collected a pretty good group of judo, bjj, and wrestling guys whom all come to roll and share techniques. There is no real official instructor as no one is really leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else, but its a nice situation.

Hahaha, I was all ready to say "Don't worry, man. You'll settle into a new routine and get back into training..." etc. But EFF YOU.

Yeah its a little depressing to say the least, Its really a step down to be under someone who's trained de la riva, stephan kesting, denis kang, adam zugec, marcus and marcello silveira etc etc.

Yeah its a little depressing to say the least, Its really a step down to be under someone who's trained de la riva, stephan kesting, denis kang, adam zugec, marcus and marcello silveira etc etc.

Hahaha! Now that's just uncalled for!

Back