Today in 2007, Gonzaga delivers devastating headkick to Cro Cop

Everyone thought CC was gonna dominate the UFC, including myself. Gonzaga ruined everything. It's sad that we never got to see Randy vs Crocop.

YES. thats the real tragedy. Mirko had lost by ko before, even brutally to Randleman, so its whatever. The tragedy like you said is we didn't get to see Mirko vs Randy for the belt. would have been beyond epic. What a shame.

Dang, crazy that it has been that long ago. Gonzaga ended up being a 1 hit wonder losing to everyone with a name in his career. I guess he did beat Ben Rothwell which was an okay name. I know Fedor's brother TKO'd him a few years ago, and he never fought again. I guess he is retired?
u wot.
u drunk m8

In fairness to Cro Cop, he had nearly thirty fights at that point in time in his career. Plus, Gonzaga was better than many gave credit for. I don't count the rematch as much because I think it's pretty obvious why Cro Cop started looking so good again all of a sudden when he's in his forties.

That fight cost us Randy vs Crocop :(

Was so hyped on CroCop in the UFC. Automatically thought he would be the HW champ within a couple fights.
My reaction watching live

No one wanted to see this. Not the UFC, not Dana, certainly not Cro Cop. But he already had so many miles at this point. And not to take anything away from gonzaga, but it's like someone said earlier, the guy never trained to his potential despite being a physical freak- he completely wasted the cred this earned him

I remember being pissed because this would have set up Couture vs Cro Cop, but instead we got Couture vs Gonzoga. Other than that it was an amazing upset.
I watched this live with some family and we went fucking balistic when Randy took over on him.

Those were troubling times. The forum invented prime shortly after to save their heroes.
Rampage did well a month though. I always thought he was scummy because he bashed PRIDE hard when he was coming to UFC and then tried to say he was a PRIDE forever guy when he was leaving UFC.

Back