Today...I realised how good Fedor really was

He practically subbed Fedor when he was green as fuck. ADCC Hunt fucks his shit up.

Oh please.

If BF who has really good BJJ and was pummeling Fedor for a full round couldn't submit him I highly doubt that today's Hunt would.

Didn't even know that Fedor broke his toe in that fight.

Ya he went into that fight with a broken toe. I think many people thought he wouldn't fight but he did and he won. That is why he didn't look himself that fight if you really watch it.

The game has not passed Fedor by. A 2003 Fedor would probably be UFC champion today. May lose to Cain, may lose to JDS, but he'd be right there if not the Champion.

His hand speed, reaction time, power, and grappling were elite then and would remain so today. Fedor simply got old and had to rely solely on the big power punches. It happens to every fighter one way or another.

Fedor was just a beast. Cyborg from the labs in Russia. One of my favourite Fedor moments is the Randleplex. Probably the biggest slam in mma history. Thought Fedor was like dead or broken back or neck, 10 seconds later, he reverses into side mount, 5 seconds later Randleman is tapping.

One I will always love is the liver kick he gives Fujita followed by the 1, 2. Fedor is on his back and just strangles him. One of the more iconic sequence in mma

i think fedor would have had a hard time with JDS. He was really hard to take down,and keep down. On top of that,JDS has an iron jaw. It took everything Cain had to grind jds down like he did...and cain and fedor's styles are pretty different. Fedor would probably matchup better with Cain stylistically. The way Cain got clobbered in the first fight and third fights with JDS could def happen with someone like Fedor,and he might get stopped.

As retired heavy weights and former champs go not in their prime. Fedor is the greatest.
Maybe cain will rank higher than him unless he loses loads of fights. Fedor in his prime was amazing

Purchased Fight Pass today and watched bunch of Fedor old fights, including his fight with Mirko. Damn those hands are really fast and dat wrasslin technique. IMO prime (LHW)Fedor would maul Gus, Jones and Cormier. You have to see all Fedor fights to to really understand his greatness. I underestimated his skills before but now...he is damn GOAT. :icon_twis

(MMA fan since 2013)
fedor_emelianenko623.jpg

You mean the guy who was ko'ed by Hendo? LOL @ him beating any top 5 lhw w/o his "supplements"...

Fedor was the greatest Paper GOAT Emperor of all time. But the guy could duck real competition like a Jones.

Oh please.

If BF who has really good BJJ and was pummeling Fedor for a full round couldn't submit him I highly doubt that today's Hunt would.

I dont see hunts ground game have really even made any improvements since then. He really managed to have success because he is very heavy/low centre of gravity,but other than just laying on him and going for a kimura which didnt work,its not like he did much. Not nearly as much as Bigfoot did. I think bigfoot could have finished fedor on the ground if he worked harder on accurate hard punching instead of those pendulum gorilla punches he was throwing instead.

Mirko in his prime was the equivalent of JDS; both are fear strikers. If Prime fedor were to fight JDS, he would have use the same game plan he use against Mirko and that's pressing the action nonstop. And we have seen what happen when JDS is push up against the fence, gets taken down, etc (Cain beatdown 2 and 3)

and Fedor is neither the wrestler or striker Cain is. not to mention Cain is bigger with more power...

at the absolute very least, Fedor would still be competative vs any of the top heavyweights if he were fighting today. To say he'd get destroyed is really pushing it. This man is a killer. If he were to get destroyed it would be for lack of gameplanning or just wildly rushing in and getting caught. otherwise, there was really noone better than him.

and Fedor is neither the wrestler or striker Cain is. not to mention Cain is bigger with more power...

i dont know about more power,plus Fedor's style was different,he didnt go for double and single legs like cain,he opted for explosive trips and throws.

You mean the guy who was ko'ed by Hendo? LOL @ him beating any top 5 lhw w/o his "supplements"...

Ummm, Dan Henderson was on TRT when they fought. He was 'prescribed' Testosterone in 2007.
Bigfoot Silva was also popped hot for steroids 5 fights before he fought fedor and for elevated testosterone when he fought last in the UFC.

So, I don't know what you're talking about Fedor's Supplements.

cain is bigger but i doubt he has more power than Fedor.

exactly. Fedor's power was ridiculous. when he would literally dive into his punches,he put big hws to sleep...i just havent dynamite of that level from cain

fedor-ko-s-rogers-o.gif

Ummm, Dan Henderson was on TRT when they fought. He was 'prescribed' Testosterone in 2007.
Bigfoot Silva was also popped hot for steroids 5 fights before he fought fedor and for elevated testosterone when he fought last in the UFC.

the henderson fight was a hard one to watch. forget about trt,fedor just fought dumb in that fight,trying to brawl it out ugly with hendo when he just didnt need to.

Lol for real. People act like Fedor got KOed by a can or something. No shame in losing to one of the greatest fighters of all time, at that point Fedor had nothing left to prove to anyone. What is even more impressive is how Fedor survived Bigfoots fucking GnP and still was trying to escape while giving up like 30+ pounds.

I dont see hunts ground game have really even made any improvements since then. He really managed to have success because he is very heavy/low centre of gravity,but other than just laying on him and going for a kimura which didnt work,its not like he did much. Not nearly as much as Bigfoot did. I think bigfoot could have finished fedor on the ground if he worked harder on accurate hard punching instead of those pendulum gorilla punches he was throwing instead.

I think it slightly improved since then, just nowhere near as much as some posters make it out to be.

Mirko in his prime was the equivalent of JDS; both are fear strikers. If Prime fedor were to fight JDS, he would have use the same game plan he use against Mirko and that's pressing the action nonstop. And we have seen what happen when JDS is push up against the fence, gets taken down, etc (Cain beatdown 2 and 3)

JDS is much more dangerous than mirko. Much harder to take down,much easier to get up,and much more durable to direct ko shots to the face

I think it slightly improved since then, just nowhere near as much as some posters make it out to be.

hunt is better than you would think for a guy who doesnt have a grappling background,some natural ability to escape bad positions...but thats it really. i wouldnt call him "good" on the ground. You just wouldnt want the guy on top of you. Or anyone that heavy,really.

Back