Today...I realised how good Fedor really was

Great on his feet, on top and off his back.

Very special HW.

lol sounds like u been waiting for the day you could officially announce you have seen all Fedor fights and call him goat. The hype is getting to you, your just trying to fit in. Dont be a follower. Form your own opinion, i guarantee a week from now you dont give a fuck about those Fedor fights.

Edit: Boom Roasted.

Cain and JDS would beat him I think (much better chance against JDS) and Bigfoot already beat him pretty convincingly which surprised me. I think he would beat Werdum and everyone else at HW though.

Purchased Fight Pass today and watched bunch of Fedor old fights, including his fight with Mirko. Damn those hands are really fast and dat wrasslin technique. IMO prime (LHW)Fedor would maul Gus, Jones and Cormier. You have to see all Fedor fights to to really understand his greatness. I underestimated his skills before but now...he is damn GOAT. :icon_twis

Fedor's old fights are available on Youtube, just thought you might want to know :icon_chee.

I think Cain and JDS would maul Fedor. but thats just me

lol
they are just too slow for prime fedor
he blitzes them
look what cain did to jds
i like jds, but fedor is just too much for him
cain would last only one round maybe

nice TS, it's amazing what he accomplished on raw talent and technique alone, with his stoneage training...

can you imagine a Fedor in his prime at a top camp in the US or so, sick...

GOAT

lol sounds like u been waiting for the day you could officially announce you have seen all Fedor fights and call him goat. The hype is getting to you, your just trying to fit in. Dont be a follower. Form your own opinion, i guarantee a week from now you dont give a fuck about those Fedor fights.

Edit: Boom Roasted.

Why you discrediting man's opinion?

Do not confuse the past-his-prime head hunting Fedor that fought Bigfoot and Arlovski with the game-planning expert that beat Nog and CroCop.

Fedor is cool fighter. Really sloppy. I think jones and DC beats him.

Prime Fedor was incredible to watch.

It's nice to see when new fans familiarize themselves with former greats and form and educated opinion.

lol at all these talks about Fedor not evolving and being left behind. it is as stupid as talks about "new breed". there is no new breed, just new fighters with different styles, strengths and weaknesses.
Fedor DEvolved if anything and just couldnt compete at the highest levels. when he was in prime, he was extremely well rounded with the most fluid transitions. later he was content to just stay on his feet and look for a KO.

Comparing a retired fighter to fighters from today makes no sense

I am not a Fedor fan but line them up and he beat them all for years plus he didn't avoid any fights and bested all the big names of his era pretty impressive to me

I think Cain and JDS would maul Fedor. but thats just me

Sure they would now, as basically any boxer would demolish Muhammad Ali now. That just means he's aged, and hence his retirement.

I'm not a fan of goat talk, but obviously Fedor was a beast.

In his prime and on the beginning of his decline, Fedor was unbeatable.

Purchased Fight Pass today and watched bunch of Fedor old fights, including his fight with Mirko. Damn those hands are really fast and dat wrasslin technique. IMO prime (LHW)Fedor would maul Gus, Jones and Cormier. You have to see all Fedor fights to to really understand his greatness. I underestimated his skills before but now...he is damn GOAT. :icon_twis

(MMA fan since 2013)
fedor_emelianenko623.jpg

You point out possible the craziest thing about Fedor. By today's standards he should have been fighting at LHW. He hovered between 220-230, usually at the lower end of that, and dominated bigger men consistently. Though there are more complete fighters now who have the potential un unseat him the state of the sport at the time is a factor in the GOAT and Fedor's still it for me.

Gotta say though prime Fedor would still have problems with DC. On paper the way to beat Fedor was a large man who could slow him down, outgrapple him and neutralize those wild hips of his guard (aka the Bigfoot model).

Fedor was a great figher, however, the game has past him by. I think the top 5 HW in the UFC would beat him.

No it hasn't, he got older, didn't train like he used to, turned into a head hunter, got a bit slower and his reaction time slowed a bit as well. Fedor at his peak was more well rounded than any HW today and was a threat to finish the fight wherever it went, you can't say that about any HW today except maybe Werdum but his striking and KO power isn't even close to Fedor's.

He was so far ahead of his time.. insaneee

Yeah, and with properly trained techniques in the present AND cutting down to LHW...hed be a force. And don't give me the "he can't cut down that far", Hendricks walks at 210-230 and cuts 170.

Back