Today...I realised how good Fedor really was

Cigano Pwnz**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Purchased Fight Pass today and watched bunch of Fedor old fights, including his fight with Mirko. Damn those hands are really fast and dat wrasslin technique. IMO prime (LHW)Fedor would maul Gus, Jones and Cormier. You have to see all Fedor fights to to really understand his greatness. I underestimated his skills before but now...he is damn GOAT. :icon_twis

(MMA fan since 2013)
fedor_emelianenko623.jpg

He was so far ahead of his time.. insaneee

Fedor was a great figher, however, the game has past him by. I think the top 5 HW in the UFC would beat him.

I think Cain and JDS would maul Fedor. but thats just me

Yes he was truly great and the GOAT in my opinion and his fights were even better when it was actually happening. Careful when you make these threads though because it always leads to a huge shitstorm everyone Fedor is mentioned on sherdog.

I don't think you should start posting about this sport without the knowledge of it's GOAT, so I'm glad you've found the light.

But would he pwn Cigano?

We only have the Cain losses to work off of as far as weaknesses go but I don't think he would have done well against Fedor. Fedor was insanely good at clinch takedowns and it seems that is where JDS has the most trouble. Both had amazingly good chins. Fedor would have never exchanged extensively with JDS in his prime. I think Fedor would whittle him down with with GNP after back and forth hands on the feet. Fedor may have mixed a few kicks in to gain a slight advantage. Then initiated clinch takedowns. JDS has show he can be controlled on the ground (if you can get him there) by a very strong position grappler. He lost steam both times he started eating heavy GNP from Cain. Despite how strong Cain's overall game is I don't think he compares anywhere near to the power of Fedor's GNP.

I think Fedor may have had some trouble with the current top 5 at LHW if he was fighting at 205. The speed difference between the giants he fought (outside of maybe CroCop and Randleplex) and guys like Gus, Davis, Cormier, Jones, etc is large. I could see him beat some of the slower guys like Glover or Davis if it stayed standing, but on the ground they would give him trouble. His biggest wins were against guys who either lacked good top control, had bad submission defense, or chins that were a tad questionable. He was definitely the best of his era though, I'll agree with anyone on that.

Go check out Pete Williams. You will be amaze at how good he was.

Fedor was a great figher, however, the game has past him by. I think the top 5 HW in the UFC would beat him.

No. Just no.

He would DESTROY Werdum in a re-match. He should have had Werdum stand back up, instead of going to the ground with him, and that fight is his via KO. Period.

Who is the top 5? Cain, JDS, Werdum, Browne and Reem?

Fedor could still beat any of them. Cain would be the toughest fight. Werdum would also be tough since he's improved his striking game leaps and bounds.

Style wise, anyone else think Fedor would have more problems with JDS than with Cain?

I think prime Fedor could take Cain but JDS would give him problems.

He's not good now so it doesn't matter.

Cormier and Cain would wreck him. He was great for a period of time, but time has now passed him by.

I woulda loved to see him in his prime at 205. Definitely My top 3 fighters of all time!

Back