Today I learned American Jiu-Jitsu is a synonym for Lay N Pray

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Seriously, might be the most boring fighter in the UFC. Makes Fitch look like Chris Lytle

I did not think it was possible to stall in every aspect of mma but Shields pulled it off.

Fuck

Whoever thought of that match-up should get fired. Most boring fight of the year award.

Dear Brendan Schaub: That's how you nullify jiu-jitsu without looking like a complete tool.

what a waste of 25 minutes

i coulda spent that jerking off

Shields and Maia should of competed at ADCC, NOT the UFC. The gnp and the pretend boxing and the short rounds, only ruined a potentially great jits match.

on the bright side jake will get a killer with (much better) boxing and tdd for his next fight. instead of a guy who throw the same combo over and over

Honestly, thats exactly how I thought the fight was gonna look except I thought Maia was gonna win the decision. Its def gonna be the last 5 rnd main event with 2 grapplers facing each other

It wasn't scintillating, but he beat Maia at his own game. He wasn't laying and praying, he was constantly trying to pass but Maia's Jits is excellent.

Now Shield's striking, I can't defend that shit. It is displeasing, to say the least

Lol I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best fight ever but it wasn't that bad.

Also, jake was trying to pass the entire time. That's not lay and pray, Maia just wouldn't let him pass. Learn the difference

When I saw shields fight Hendo I learned shields was the LnP GOAT

Now Shield's striking, I can't defend that shit. It is displeasing, to say the least

I have watched "Bum Fights" with more effective striking than Jake has ever produced.

translation: its hard to do anything on top of maia

he was trying, he was passing guard and trying to elbow, but maia's guard does not make it easy

That fight was so boring....

...I hope Dana announces that all fights that include, for the entire audience, Jake Shields will include a blanket and alarm clock for 15 minutes, or for a main event, 25 minutes.

He didn't LnP'd Maia, I think both guys got about equal time on top of each other overall.

Back