To whoever suggested putting cinnamon in my cocoa/chocolate stuff...

Has anyone ever put protein powder in hot chocolate?

Would that be a bad idea?

Has anyone ever put protein powder in hot chocolate?

Would that be a bad idea?

Sure, I've used protein powder to sweeten milk+cocoa powder to make a sort of "hot chocolate" drink. It works.

gd, now i wanna know what your cocoa,choco stuff is!!!

I put cocoa in darn near everything except meat. Shakes, yogurt, oats, etc.

(When I say "cocoa," I'm referring to the 100% cocoa powder people use for baking. No sweeteners or anything.)

...I think I love you. It was outstanding.
Try a holiday version and put nutmeg with that cinnamon and see if you like it. If you hate nutmeg disregard, but it's also surprisingly good in coffee. Now I'm craving full fat egg nog with cognac, cinnamon and nutmeg. How did this happen????

Sure, I've used protein powder to sweeten milk+cocoa powder to make a sort of "hot chocolate" drink. It works.

I put cocoa in darn near everything except meat. Shakes, yogurt, oats, etc.

(When I say "cocoa," I'm referring to the 100% cocoa powder people use for baking. No sweeteners or anything.)

You can actually use cocoa to season your meat. It's pretty "in vogue," now. Usually only for meats that can handle such a rich flavour like bison, beef, elk.

It tastes pretty brilliant, as a matter of fact.

Try a holiday version and put nutmeg with that cinnamon and see if you like it. If you hate nutmeg disregard, but it's also surprisingly good in coffee. Now I'm craving full fat egg nog with cognac, cinnamon and nutmeg. How did this happen????

I could see that working.

You can actually use cocoa to season your meat. It's pretty "in vogue," now. Usually only for meats that can handle such a rich flavour like bison, beef, elk.

It tastes pretty brilliant, as a matter of fact.

I don't know about this, but I suppose I shouldn't knock it 'till I've tried it.

It was me, and I'm quite fond of you too.

I also put cinnamon and chocolate protein powder on oatmeal and mix it with full fat milk (and salt, especially in summer when it's humid). it's so ridiculously good, I sometimes wet my pants.

I also sometimes put cocoa powder in my coffee. I like the last sip when all the cocoa that wasn't mixed in comes in one gooey chunk.

I also put cinnamon and chocolate protein powder on oatmeal and mix it with full fat milk (and salt, especially in summer when it's humid). it's so ridiculously good, I sometimes wet my pants.

I also sometimes put cocoa powder in my coffee. I like the last sip when all the cocoa that wasn't mixed in comes in one gooey chunk.

I love dipping dark chocolate into my coffee, so that it half melts (im doing it right now). Its delicious. I never thought of putting cocoa powder actually IN my coffee... genius!

Fuck, dark cocoa powder and cinnamon in coffee... I have to try this.

This may be the magic bullet that gets me off low carb monsters.

How does the powder behave in hot coffee, does it turn to sludge or mix in entirely?

cinnamon also has some insulin resistance properties as well correct?

Fuck, dark cocoa powder and cinnamon in coffee... I have to try this.

This may be the magic bullet that gets me off low carb monsters.

How does the powder behave in hot coffee, does it turn to sludge or mix in entirely?

It partly mixes, so the first 3/4 of the coffee have a cocoa taste, then you get to drink the sludge. This is one time when a drop of milk in the coffee is also nice. Usually if my bag of fresh roasted beans have been around for a week or so, or if I have a darker roast and make a strong cup I'll reduce the bitterness with some milk. Usually this happens on a Friday afternoon so I'll also put in some cocoa and pretend to work for a few hours.

Man, it's funny the stuff you just don't think of. I usually take a bite of dark chocolate, and then chase it with some coffee. But actually dipping it in the coffee, brilliant!

Man, it's funny the stuff you just don't think of. I usually take a bite of dark chocolate, and then chase it with some coffee. But actually dipping it in the coffee, brilliant!

hahaha yeah it's crazy. Thats what i used to do, untill one day when i had the revelation. Its sooo good. Cant wait for my coffee tomorow now to try out the cocoa powder. Do you just mix cocoa powder with the beans or do you put it in after the coffee is brewed?

I put it in the bottom of the cup, then put in a bit of coffee and swirl it around. then the rest of the coffee.

I wonder what would happen if you put it in a French press with your ground beans and then pressed the beans with the cocoa and cinnamon after they were both stirred together and brewed for about 10 minutes. I only drink French press dark roast coffee and I love mochachinos so...I may have to risk my beans one day and try this. With nutmeg of course.

Yeah, this morning my fairy standard soaked oats+PB+protein powder+cocoa breakfast was enhanced for the first time by a liberal amount of cinnamon. It was good, but I might have overdone it a bit. It's going to be a regular thing for me now, but I'll use a little less cinnamon.

The ORAC of my breakfast must be over 9000.

I wonder what would happen if you put it in a French press with your ground beans and then pressed the beans with the cocoa and cinnamon after they were both stirred together and brewed for about 10 minutes. I only drink French press dark roast coffee and I love mochachinos so...I may have to risk my beans one day and try this. With nutmeg of course.

I alternate between medium and city roasts. I feel hesitant about putting anything in my French Press other than fresh milled coffee. I don't even like it when people try to put regular coffee grinds in there.

I'd like to get a nutmeg nut, and grind some into a cup just before putting some coffee in.

Nutmeg is great on potatoes, or steamed/boiled pumpkin. Yams too, with nutmeg or cinnamon and maybe some butter or EVOO. Pretty much any warm root veg that will release the flavour and aroma from ground spices.

I put it in the bottom of the cup, then put in a bit of coffee and swirl it around. then the rest of the coffee.

Done this today. Delicious, also dipped in some dark chocolate. I think this is gonna be an everyday thing.

Back