To what extent did Ken Shamrock influence the development of 10th planet JiuJitsu?

Do they actually hold their own with the signature 10th planet rubber guard/lockdowns/twisters stuff or do they use standard BJJ?
When I see let's say Geo compete most of the time he plays a completely different game then bending your own leg horribly from rubber guard or going for electric chair.
These may be the only moves you know of the system, but there are many more, and yes, they use them extensively.

Geo uses the truck, ultra kimura, jumping guillotines and a distinct leg lock style that is unique to 10p Oceanside.

Lockdown (trying to lock it gets you flat in half guard rather the on the side/Lucas Leite style half is insanely good so why bother), rubber guard, leg attacks from the truck, weed.

Whaaaat? Lockdown leads to Lucas Leite half. That's one of my go to moves. If I get passed to half and flattened out, I know how to recover, lockdown, whip up to my side, look for old school, maybe electric chair, and counter with dog fight (Leites half). Lockdown is used when you get flattened out and want to recover. But the actual attacks are all from your side. That's why we whip up. You whip up to your side and it's not much different from deep half. Don't knock it until you know it.

Rubber guard is great once you get the arm to the mat. It's a great omoplata set up that tons of high level guys still use. It's a high guard with lots of set ups. Again, don't knock it until you know how to use it.

Leg attacks from the truck? Eh. Those aren't a staple. The groin stretches are a staple and they're effective. Again, don't knock it unless you know how to use it.

And weed......cmon dude.

To be fair, that was a BS pin call at the end. There was zero control by the opponent. Any interpretation of pinning to allow such nonsense just promotes more contempt for pinning rules among the modern sub grappling community.

Everyone at the event agreed with you, including the Snakepit coach Roy Wood. The intention with the video is to show the different approach to leglocks in Catch and BJJ. The referee was put in an awkward position and didn't really know what to do. The rules say that if both shoulders touches the mat it's a pin. The referee is also one of the most experienced wrestlers from the Snakepit and the person refereeing all their competitions. However he have no idea about what BJJ is since he's only done catch. When Chris comes in and pulls of such a move the referee have never seen it before which led to confusion.

So to get to my point. When it comes to the grappling scene which has it roots in the japanese pro wrestling Catch wrestling wasn't the only influence. There were Sambo, judo & BJJ (Ivan Gomes) also available. When leglocks been popularized today with the DDS people lock at the 90's shootwrestling scene and claim that it's nothing new, catchwrestlers been doing that for ages and so on. It's true that Danaher did study the japanese grapplers, he especially mentioned Rumina Sato on JRE. The japanese shootwrestlers were ahead with the leglocks back then but as I said it wasn't pure catch wrestling. The shootwrestling was a mix of grappling arts from all over the world. Antonio Inoki is the one who invited grapplers from all over the world to help his wrestling and wrestlers to grow into strong legit grapplers.

Back