To those who still think Conor doesn't deserve a title shot

If he deserved a title shot "after" beating an over the hill Siver...then he deserved the shot "before" the Siver fight.......anyone who thinks this defeat of a 12/1 underdog was the deciding factor is smoking some great weed.

Can you imagine the logic? Well, we think he deserves a title shot, but we're not quite sure...perhaps if he can defeat a 36 year old guy who already lost 9 times to guys worse than Conor....he'll be a double digit under dog...yeah, that would be a good determination as to whether he deserves the shot at the title.....c'mon man.

Dana White might be a good blackjack player but he's a horrible liar....Conor means money, thats why he gets the shot at Aldo instead of Edgar....and White prays for Conor to win because its MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!

So did you complain when Mendes got a title shot after beating Lentz ? And when KZ got a title shot after beating Poirier ? And when Ken Flo got a title shot after beating Nunes ?

why did the UFC not match him up against Edgar who is ranked above him why against Siver who is five below?

I don't have a problem with Connor getting the title shot and don't think anyone else has either but the stepping stone should have been a top three guy.

Why is this such a difficult concept?

Connor deserves it, no doubt.

At FW nobody does what he did to Siver. Maybe one more fight against a fighter like Mendez, Lamas or Frankie but if Connor lost against one of those before the title shot, would materialized another unattractive rematch against Aldo's victims, so anyway, Aldo vs Connor is the fight to make and I'm so exiting about it. Love both fighters.

He deserves it, but let's not pretend there is a certain bunch of fighters that the UFC avoided pitting him against thus far.

So I ranked them by importance:

- Having a winning streak of quality opponent, and not necessarily Top 5 guys (Jones, Gus and Weidman would have never earned a title shot)

- Being ranked in the top 10

- Showing finishing abilities and having an exciting style

- Being the guy that fans want to watch for the title

- Being marketable and known from the casual fans

So what's yours ?

So if I have this right.....you think a win streak is the most important, and marketability last. You must have been the biggest Jon Fitch fan on this board. You also think the MMA bloggers and journalists who make up the UFC rankings have more say in title fights than the fans do.

Look it's all very interesting and you are entitled to your opinion but I think you missed the mark on a few things.

You make no mention of career achievements...longevity, status, or from a historical perception. For example Royce Gracie/Matt Hughes and Randy Couture/Tim Sylvia. Current landscape would a guy like Frankie Edgar get more consideration based on what he's accomplished historically? Even you admit yourself there was no problem with him getting the Aldo fight.

I think you throw ranking out the fucking window, I could pull up at least 5 individuals with no more than a blogging qualification in Portuguese that have rankings that would make you barf. They get zero say in any title decisions until the UFC cleans that mess up.

Another thing I think you should absolutely consider is the landscape of the division. Getting a shot in a weak division like heavyweight is not nearly the same as getting one at say 155. Are 5 fights enough to get a shot a Ronda? Yeah probably. Enough to get at Aldo????? I can throw out stats from any top 145'er/135'er/155'er and make a better case why they should fight Aldo over a guy with only 5 wins.

These same people thought Cub Swanson deserved a rematch with the man who KO'd him in 8seconds after finishing Siver in 3rd round, after being grappled to death for 2.5rounds.

These people aren't fans of the sport. They're celebrity stalkers. They based their opinions on whether they like or dislike a fighter. McGregor just rinsed two guys in less than 7 minutes that Cub took 25mins to beat. Or more.

Hates, pure and simple.

Grow up, kids. Do you like and enjoy this sport, or do you enjoy certain fighters? If so, you aren't a fan of MMA.

the difference is that conor is an outgoing person that hypes himself up and people apparently hate when guys promote themselves, therefore they will try and tarnish anything that person does and constantly hate no matter how good they look

Outgoing person eh?
It's funny how both the fans and haters spin it. He's very disrespectful to everyone. Everyone.
Speaks like he's Invincible but nobody is.

He's a good fighter but loses as a person. 😩

If he wins all they will talk about his how incredible his run up to the title shot was and how dominate he was and they'll forget the hype train. Remember people didn't take Weidman seriously at all when he got his shot against Silva...in fact most fans probably didn't take him seriously until he outlasted Machida through 5 rounds. Yet he was incredibly dominate in his run to the title to begin with...

Back