To those who still think Conor doesn't deserve a title shot

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
Conor is 5-0 in the UFC, with finishes over Brimage, Brandao, Poirier, Siver, and a dominant decision win over Max Holloway. Let's see the winning streaks the former contenders had before getting a title shot :

- Mendes wins: McKenzie, Metza, Elkins, Guida, Lentz

- KZ wins: Garcia, Hominick, Poirier

- Lamas wins: Grice, Swanson, Hioki, Koch

- Edgar wins: Nobody at FW (superfight, not gonna complain about that)

- Ken Flo wins: Diego Nunes

So, all of these guys had a better winning streak than Conor ?

the difference is that conor is an outgoing person that hypes himself up and people apparently hate when guys promote themselves, therefore they will try and tarnish anything that person does and constantly hate no matter how good they look

Connor is next for the shot, but the thing is, he is only next as Aldo has already beaten all other potential contenders, who Connor has not even faced yet, most of them top five guys.

Connor has worked hard to promote himself, so he deserves it that way I guess.

lets be real,its clear the ufc are doing everything they can to get conor into this fight. I like conor but its true. You dont see them putting him in with swanson,edgar or mendes,or any other obvious top guy.

i agree with you
looking at the top FW guys now nobody really deserves a title shot more than him..the eligible guys were
Cub- got derailed by Frankie.....got a shot already
Mendes-.....got a shot already
Frankie-only notable win as of late was against Cub....got a shot already
Lamas-needs at least one more win.....got a shot already

like MM and Jones Aldo has practically wiped out his division

You failed to make your case to me by only using one almost insignificant concept. There are far more factors when it comes to getting a title shot and unfortunately for those of us who are not into the hype over sport Conor fails nearly every test.

He talked his way into it, plain and simple. Good for him and we need new fans to get excited about MMA, but don't try to sell me on actual accomplishments in this sport to justify his position in the company.

I agree with TS, though promoting yourself like conor does, does help to get a titleshot.

last time I checked, the UFC was in the money making business and it's the money fight to make right now. No problem what so ever with this fight.

The betting line is givng Conor a better chance than any of Aldo's past challengers. Its a legit fight and anyone that complains is just nit picking.

I was about to make a similar thread. I don't know why the hell ppl think Frankie deserves it more than Conor, the guy only got a good win over Swanson after losing to Aldo, no way he deserves it. Edgar got his shot after 2 loses at LW, Kenny got one after defeating Diego Nunes. Conor's run to the title looks pretty solid IMO

You failed to make your case to me by only using one almost insignificant concept. There are far more factors when it comes to getting a title shot and unfortunately for those of us who are not into the hype over sport Conor fails nearly every test.

He talked his way into it, plain and simple. Good for him and we need new fans to get excited about MMA, but don't try to sell me on actual accomplishments in this sport to justify his position in the company.

Of course everyone know that his promoting skills helped him to get a title shot, but aside of that he has a solid winning streak (and as I showed better than some previous title contenders) that shows he deserves that.

Don't act like he just "talked his way to a title shot", he has solid wins too. This is not like Lesnar getting a title shot after beating Heath Herring.

I think he's close enough to deserving to get the shot, and it's clearly a fight people want to see, so there's that. It's true he's untested against a high level wrestler, so even if he beats Aldo, it could be a short reign... no way to tell until we see him tested. On the other hand, 145 is probably one of the least wrestler-dominated divisions. Really it's pretty much Frankie he needs to worry about. Maybe Mendes as well.

Of course everyone know that his promoting skills helped him to get a title shot, but aside of that he has a solid winning streak (and as I showed better than some previous title contenders) that shows he deserves that.

Don't act like he just "talked his way to a title shot", he has solid wins too.

Not only has he dispatched of respectable competition in his short tenure, he has done it in dominant fashion. No one looks more dangerous at 145 right now.

if his performances didn't match his mouth he wouldn't have the position he has.

thing is, you can't fake it once you get to the top.

Don't act like he just "talked his way to a title shot", he has solid wins too. This is not like Lesnar getting a title shot after beating Heath Herring.

Let me see your list of factors that should go into a title shot. If you can rank them of importance even better.

Not only has he dispatched of respectable competition in his short tenure, he has done it in dominant fashion. No one looks more dangerous at 145 right now.

Exactly. And if someone tells me that he's not excited about Aldo vs McGregor, he's a fucking liar.

Conor's style makes me want to see the fight, Edgar has the better resume but already fought Aldo once so I am ok with the fight

Connor is next for the shot, but the thing is, he is only next as Aldo has already beaten all other potential contenders, who Connor has not even faced yet, most of them top five guys.

Connor has worked hard to promote himself, so he deserves it that way I guess.

Poirier was top 5 and Conor knew he could position himself for a title shot if he got past him.

Oddly enough Conor avoided facing Lentz, Bermudez, and Guida by shooting for Poirier.

And above Dustin was Mendes, Lamas, KZ, Edgar... or somesuch.

It was smart matchmaking for Conor, and he won.

wow

Conor is 5-0 in the UFC, with finishes over Brimage, Brandao, Poirier, Siver, and a dominant decision win over Max Holloway. Let's see the winning streaks the former contenders had before getting a title shot :

- Mendes wins: McKenzie, Metza, Elkins, Guida, Lentz

- KZ wins: Garcia, Hominick, Poirier

- Lamas wins: Grice, Swanson, Hioki, Koch

- Edgar wins: Nobody at FW (superfight, not gonna complain about that)

- Ken Flo wins: Diego Nunes

So, all of these guys had a better winning streak than Conor ?

Number 5 in the world beats the number 10 and qualifies for a title shot .

Yes totally justified!

Back