To those who liked the GoT finale, check in...

I’m curious to see if GRRM really has Bran on the Throne. That seemed like an anti fan theory choice. And being that they relegated Bran to being the weird guy in the background for the entire season, it seemed like they painfully underdeveloped his character, compared to earlier seasons when he was a much more focal presence.

And the way Tyrion suggested him and the others agreeing with him I found more than a little labored. Tyrion’s like “hey how about we pick the one main character with zero leadership experience. He’s in a wheelchair but seems to have some crazy psychic abilities, also most of us have barely talked to him, if at all, but what a great story that no one deciding right now is familiar with!” Followed by everyone being like “Yeah! Bran the broken!”

That just didn’t make sense to me. They maybe could have made it make sense, but they didn’t develop any of this in this season.

Last edited:
So what was the point of Jon Snows true parents. It played no role. He could have been Ned’s bastard to a Flea Bottom whore and the result would have been the same. I know he didn’t want to be king, but him being a Targ did nothing to the series in the end. Dany didn’t try to kill him for it, he didn’t get Drogon, he didn’t fight and overcome Drogon due to him being a Targ, he didn’t defeat the Night King. He literally only stabbed Dany and he could have done that as a bastard. It was an empty plot point that I’m sure Martin had some sort of point to.

the vast majority of my predictions did not come true, but this one did. arya is not fit to sit around peaceful castles, as shes always said. what else was she going to do?

and yea, they tried to make us empathize with cersei at the end. made the redeemed jaime into a bad guy. showing us the complexity of people. F-that. the biggest mistake of the entire series imo.
sign the petition

Jon is such a noble guy. I would have thrown Danny one more pounding before stabbing her.

Was not expecting the stab and was pleasantly surprised. Haughty bitch had it coming.

Ended up fast forwarding some scenes though.

This is a very good point. You’re absolutely right, in that, from a comparative historical context, a single kingdom under a single ruler has always been better for the people. Splitting up the kingdom will likely throw Westeros into a period similar to the Sengoku period of Japan.

And I got a disgusted look from a coworker after episode 5 when I responded that Dany isn’t necessarily “evil”, not in the historical sense I mean. What she did to Kings Landing is exactly what all great historical conquerers have done, razed cities of their enemies. Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Julius Caesar, etc. Why would Dany be any different if they’re trying to make it realistic?

Trying to make it realistic?
Dude there are dragoons n shit. Aint no time for realism.

So what was the point of Jon Snows true parents. It played no role. He could have been Ned’s bastard to a Flea Bottom whore and the result would have been the same. I know he didn’t want to be king, but him being a Targ did nothing to the series in the end. Dany didn’t try to kill him for it, he didn’t get Drogon, he didn’t fight and overcome Drogon due to him being a Targ, he didn’t defeat the Night King. He literally only stabbed Dany and he could have done that as a bastard. It was an empty plot point that I’m sure Martin had some sort of point to.

I saw his parentage as being another stressor for Dany. Dany chooses fear. Jon kills Dany. Jon is sent back to the wall. The Three-Eyed Raven, soul and memory of the first men, guides the rebirth of Westeros without the blood of old Valyria. It's not perfect. GRRM would do better getting us there maybe but it does make sense.

Reason the last 2 seasons were rushed - David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were offered a boatload more cash to write Star Wars. So they hurriedly rushed the last 2 seasons as opposed to signing another contract. And HBO didn't want to shell out more cash for 10 episodes each last 2 seasons.

So that's why we have this shitshow - money.

I saw his parentage as being another stressor for Dany. Dany chooses fear. Jon kills Dany. Jon is sent back to the wall. The Three-Eyed Raven, soul and memory of the first men, guides the rebirth of Westeros without the blood of old Valyria. It's not perfect. GRRM would do better getting us there maybe but it does make sense.

idk. three eyed raven before bran was a targ bastard. I don't think it said that in the show but i think it did say his name.

I lol'd at the token latino dornish goof at the council.
are you talking about this guy he wasnt dornish or latino on the show
SEI_68542847.jpg

Reason the last 2 seasons were rushed - David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were offered a boatload more cash to write Star Wars. So they hurriedly rushed the last 2 seasons as opposed to signing another contract. And HBO didn't want to shell out more cash for 10 episodes each last 2 seasons.

So that's why we have this shitshow - money.
I wish the executives would have fired them this season but it seems tv executives always make retarded decisions.

I wish the executives would have fired them this season but it seems tv executives always make retarded decisions.

I actually learned HBO offered 10 episodes each the last 2 seasons.

The showrunners wanted to go on to Star Wars and that is why everything was so condensed. They were already checked out.

Such a shame that one of the greatest series of all time went out with a whimper like this.

I don't even have a problem with the story arc - Dany turning Hitler, Jon killing her and the mute, Bran becoming King. What I have a problem with is HOW they got there. Way too abrupt and out of character. Don't like how Cersei and Jaime were killed so anonymously either. Felt so... anti-climactic.

He couldn't have got past Drogon otherwise and would have got roasted at the end. Daenerys might not have acted how she did burning Kings Landing if Jon was a bastard so her claim wasn't threatened and he was still at her side and Varys wouldn't have turned on her, Sansa might have acted differently etc

Back