To those of you complaining about about how boring the fight was or Cain's gameplan

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by IceAndFire**, Oct 20, 2013.

1. IceAndFire**

IceAndFire** Purple Belt

What did you expect Cain to do? He clearly wanted to to take JDS down but it wasn't working so he had to resort to the next best strategy which was to pressure him against the cage and dirty box the shit out of him. What did you expect him to do? Stand in front of JDS and give him the distance he needs to land those nasty powershots?

I admit, the fight was not the most exciting thing to watch but it was the perfect strategy and it worked. Cain's job is to win fights not risk losing his title by using a bad gameplan just to entertain the fans.

2. Jarnee

Jarnee Blue Belt

If pushing against the fence and dirty box until someone falls is over is his style, wont want to buy a ppv of his again. Maybe that is going to quick against someone without the chin of JDS, but that's lame shit. I mean do you even like to pay for that? (probably you don't pay money for ppv so you don't care about value)

3. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt

It was the smart thing to do. Not the most entertaining, but he's there to win and striking with JDS is always super dangerous.

4. Jarnee

Jarnee Blue Belt

Honestly did you buy the ppv?

5. IceAndFire**

IceAndFire** Purple Belt

"Lame shit" that will give him the victory and successfully defend the belt. Cain's job as champ is to win his fights not to risk using a strategically poor game plan just because it will excite the fans.

It would be like expecting Floyd Mayweather to give up his defensive style of boxing to brawl. Sure it would make for a more exciting fight but that's not his style and it would be detrimental to him.

6. billy_the_man

billy_the_man Blue Belt

JDS didn't even try to hit first.

7. metal7555

metal7555 Fan of MMA since '98

You completely ignored the OP when he said "What did you expect him to do? Stand in front of JDS and give him the distance he needs to land those nasty powershots?"

Yeah that would have been smart....

If you really should have a gripe about something, it's the fact that JDS already got beat up for 25 minutes in the last fight, and literally changed nothing except stopping the take down a bit better. After that, he was passive, bullied, and dirty boxed into fatigue and hamburger face... and finished. (According to most, finished twice even)

He took JDS out of his element, put a further extension of the beating on from the 2nd fight, and got a TKO slam + punch victory.

If you weren't excited, then don't buy his next one. For anyone that missed 166 as a whole, facebook to main event : If you can honestly tell me you WOULDN'T spend to get that kind of PPV every time, you need to check out and find another sport. That shit was awesome.

8. irish_thug

irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

A win is a win.
    I'm not a fan of Cain's but I can't fault him for what he did. If he had opted to stay at range and trade with Junior, he would have lost, and likely lost conciousness.

9. Jarnee

Jarnee Blue Belt

Why when Okami does it hes boring (he is) but when Cain does it hes awesome? Answer me that!

10. charlesponzi

charlesponzi Blue Belt

Of course it's the smart thing to do of Cain. But why is Dana saying that this is the greatest trilogy ever and this is the best card ever? boring fights.

11. irish_thug

I cannot remember the last card that was this good.

12. CombatCyborg

CombatCyborg Black Belt

Whoever said it's boring is a dummy, who cares what they said.

13. metal7555

metal7555 Fan of MMA since '98

Only MMA fans, especially ones on sherdog, would find fault with a 20+ minute ass whooping and finish of the #2 guy in the division.

MAN THAT'S LAME!

14. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo I'll be the one to pluck that fleur

Its not all entertainment for me its about fighting styles against fighting styles see what will work or not thats how I get entertained

hell when I was a re run of Severn and Shamrock II I was entertained because of the ridiculousness of the situation.

People should lighten up

15. FedorStMcGregor**

FedorStMcGregor** Blue Belt

He got Serra'd worse than GSP ever did.. think about it, KO'd badly in his first little defense now fights safe. Yes I know he has a few finishes since but he benefits from a lackluster division (Bigfoot? come on son), plus being HW and having good cardio it's not hard for him to lay on ppl till they completely gas and then be able to get a finish (like this last fight). GSP can't just lay on ppl till they gas because in those more athletic, more skilled divisions the guys are too good to just gas out the way these HW's do so Cain is definitely at an advantage at HW with his style of fighting.

16. IceAndFire**

IceAndFire** Purple Belt

Plus people need to take into account that JDS is

A. Tough as nails
    B. Hard as hell to takedown and even harder to keep down.

This is why Cain was struggling and had to resort to pressure/dirty boxing against the cage. You think Cain wouldn't have wanted to get the KO or finished him with GNP from the top?

17. irish_thug

They seem to expect every fight to be two guys standing in front of each other winging wild punches at one and other's heads. It's not rock 'em sock 'em robots.

I defended Randy when he employed this style to win fights, so I'd be a hypocrite to bash Cain for it.

18. Big Tuppy Hole

Big Tuppy Hole Gold Belt

What was Cain meant to do, JDS would back up into the fence (the same as Maldonado and Silva) to assist his TDD, he was inviting Cain in and he obliged him.

19. Big Tuppy Hole

Big Tuppy Hole Gold Belt

Think about it and then go back and watch the fight.

20. Jarnee

Jarnee Blue Belt

All I am saying is that Okami gets for doing that. I mean if he did that all the time you will get bored quick. Buy his next ppv if you love it so much hehe. night all