To our non-American friends - California, Texas or New York?

Never been to Texas.

NY for me. CA is nice but I'm not a massive beach-life person really, and I found East coasters to be more genuine people. Californian girls are stunning but my fucking god, every one I've met has annoyed me. Teeth-grating annoyance just listening to them speak.

i know wat u mean lol

Probably New York.
Can't really handle heat, and New York seems to be more pedestrian/pubtrans/bicycle-friendly. Impression I've gotten from LA and Texas (and most US states) is that you need your car to get anywhere.

But really, as long as I live by the sea I'm good. Guess that rules out most of Texas, though.

Depends on your nature. If you are a mincing, queerbag Liberal, then NY is definitely your spot. Much of California will fit the bill also. If you are more of a conservative, rugged individualist, then Texas or the rural parts of California are your best bet.
LOL like New York doesn't have rural parts?

Do you even upstate bro?

or for that matter, anywhere outside NYC proper or the island, bro?

Probably New York.
Can't really handle heat, and New York seems to be more pedestrian/pubtrans/bicycle-friendly. Impression I've gotten from LA and Texas (and most US states) is that you need your car to get anywhere.

But really, as long as I live by the sea I'm good. Guess that rules out most of Texas, though.

Texas has more coastline than New York does. I've heard nothing but good things about the different beach side cities here, sadly never been though.

NY is filled with rude fucks, though I suppose that would make it an all you can eat buffet.

As a former NYer, tis absolutely true.

A Dutch friend of mine wanted to possibly move there, and I told her that she'd be in for a rude awakening. Mensen in Nederland zijn vriendelijk.

Never been to either of the three. So just going to choose according to what I believe to be true, but not necessary true.

Texas.

I'd go.

1. California
2. New York
3. Texas

That said, Texas is not bad. They are all good IMO. Going to Texas I'd get me a Texas wife and you people can teach me how to shoot.

California, i'm not a redneck racist hillbilly moron so no to Texas, and New York, while awesome, is really cold in the winter. If I move somewhere, it'll be somewhere warm.

Lol, TONS of people from CA and NY move here to TX for a better life.

Just read a stat from my neighborhood paper that out of the booming amount of people moving to Austin between '14-'15, that people from California topped the list.

California, i'm not a redneck racist hillbilly moron so no to Texas, and New York, while awesome, is really cold in the winter. If I move somewhere, it'll be somewhere warm.

lol I just wish someone would tell all the Cali people to quit moving here. Why would they want to if we are just a bunch of hillbilly morons. Stay the fuck in California

lol I just wish someone would tell all the Cali people to quit moving here. Why would they want to if we are just a bunch of hillbilly morons. Stay the fuck in California

Racists in California probably feel out of place these days, so they're moving somewhere where their views are more or less the norm. I should think you guys would welcome white racist republican climate change deniers with open arms.

california has anything you could possibly want. hate traffic and big cities but love wilderness and mountains? Check. Want big city life with tons to do? Check. Beaches? check. Beautiful women? Check. Great weather? Check etc, etc, etc... Only issue is cost.

I live in newbury Park california, mountains within a 100 feet of my house with beautful trails. beach within 20 minute drive. Snow within a couple hours.Sunny 340 days out of the year.

Rural cali or Texas.

i am from Canada and I have been to all of them, I liked the weather best in California but I had the most fun in New York.

I'd go with New York I think.

Screw that for a caper.

All of those are huge and wildly varied. I'm sure the actual town, district, county or burough would impact my happiness to a much higher degree than which state it was situated in. With a good location, I'm confident I could have an interesting and happy life in all of them.

I'd go California > New York > Texas, because I'd by a narrow margin prefer San Francisco to New York, and New York to Austin (or Houston).

Austin or Houston would also be great, though. But I can't be arsed to move, so don't get me an apartment or anything.

Back