To make or not make friends at the Gym?

Cliff notes
twice I was chatted up by girls that worked in the gym, flirty texts, 'I have a bf and I'm a good girl, but I want to be naughty with you, don't know what to do, I think you're lovely'.
I was fine with it and then my fucking personal moral code kicked in and I turned them both down.

I didn't even know the girls bf!

So yeah, fuck you moral code

lolwut

9/10's, not married, no children, they offer to spread for you, no commitment involved. The fuck were you thinking?

Unless you were in a relationship yourself, in which case moral code would indeed be applicable.

lolwut

9/10's, not married, no children, they offer to spread for you, no commitment involved. The fuck were you thinking?

Unless you were in a relationship yourself, in which case moral code would indeed be applicable.

Damn straight.

Theres mostly retards and old people at the gym I go to so there is no reason to really talk to anyone.

This whole friend/acquaintance/social thing isn't an issue for me... I'd be happy to socialize at the gym... but I'm that guy everyone avoids... :icon_conf

This whole friend/acquaintance/social thing isn't an issue for me... I'd be happy to socialize at the gym... but I'm that guy everyone avoids... :icon_conf

What gym do you go to?

everyone who goes to the gym is secretly gay but scared to face it so they work out so no one will see that they are closet homosexuals. id stay away from those weird fuckers if i were you.

yea i just goto get my lift on, i try not to do too much talking

and i definitely avoid the people who goto the gym, and do everything but lift

I have alot of friends at the gym I go to. We don't talk much, but we all like it that way. If they aren't interested in training, then don't be their friend. It's a mutual thing.

I never initiate a conversation at my gym and generally try to avoid interaction with anyone else there. I typically don't have a lot of time to get my workout in and don't want to waste it talking to some random person.

lolwut

I was not and I know

I thought that either there was a catch/trap or it was a game so wasn't going to engage.

I was 20-21 as well so yeah, I was a angry person for a while afterwards.

It seems to be a reoccuring theme with me, I don't know why. I have done this a few times.
Still, I'm older now and the morality of some of my decisions since have been questionable.

I thought I was the only person like that, guess I was wrong. When I get the chance to go to the gym, I like to focus on my lifts. I greet the regulars and help those in need. No harm no foul right?

my gym is mostly high school kids in the weight room. avoid them at most cost.

Nope I can limit my talking and still work out the way I want to.

The gym has a social aspect for me.

It's like the healthy alternative to the pub.

Are you super ugly, have BO, or do you have that serial killer look ala Carlos Condit

Are you super ugly, have BO, or do you have that serial killer look ala Carlos Condit

No, no. Not ugly, no BO... it's more like... Ya know how some people play tough guy at the gym and give people dirty looks especially when they want to get on the machine you're using??? I don't do that. I offer more of the look that says "stay the fuck out of my way or I'm gonna drag you into the shower and go prison on your ass". So I get my space and work out in total peace. :D

No, no. Not ugly, no BO... it's more like... Ya know how some people play tough guy at the gym and give people dirty looks especially when they want to get on the machine you're using??? I don't do that. I offer more of the look that says "stay the fuck out of my way or I'm gonna drag you into the shower and go prison on your ass". So I get my space and work out in total peace. :D

by far best response ever. wow you need therapy. oh wait.... thats why you go to the gym, fuck.

men's health had an interesting article saying that humans are wary of other humans when they cannot see their palms (allegedly the instinctual suspicion is that the other person has a weapon or is balling a fist to fight.) so they recommended wearing workout gloves.

if you've pissed a couple people off, you shouldn't care. your training comes over their friendship. but it's not an awful idea to seek out the knowledgeable....

If your wearing gloves in the gym im going to avoid you because you are a wanker so i guess it works.
I like training by myself so ill say gday to people and thats about it.

Back