To everyone praising Brown

Sherdog - where people can't just enjoy a ridiculously good fight without having to bitch about something..

My post was reactionary to all the "Give Brown a title shot" threads. I'm sorry if you don't agree with my opinion, but it had nothing to do with how entertaining it was

Give him a title eliminator next imo.But I wouldn't be mad at a title shit

already discrediting a win it hasn't even been 24 hours

He was gassed before Brown had even touched him.

Still, a W's a W. If anyone thinks it was a fluke, we'll see in his next fight.

cardio is a skill set if it wasn't everyone would have it

it is like bitching that a guy only won because an opponent has shitty striking

Brown's a chump. He totally should have finished Silva with the first punch he threw in the fight. I can't believe it took him 100 punches later. What a loser.

I don't think he's ever meant to become a real contender but I don't see a problem in praising his victory. The guy earned it and there is no reason to give into the sherdog mindset and begin discrediting his win.

I see Brown getting knocked out unfortunately. His aggression is fun to watch, in the longrun however once he meets a top tier striker who wants to stand and trade Brown is so going to get knocked the fuck out. He just doesn't have the power to trade the way he does and his mobility/head movement is next to 0.

Last edited:
Brown is def one of the most exciting fighters in the sport, but he is just too physically lacking to become champion.

He's too slow, he's not athletic, and he doesn't have the wrestling to keep it standing against the elite wrestlers of the division. He's been able to dominate simply off of aggression, chin, and heart, which is impressive, but unfortunately it can only get you so far.

Guys I see Brown having little to no chance against:

Saffeidine
Lawler
Condit
Rory
Woodley
Hendricks

Lot of butthurt Silva fanboys in here. Silva is a tough and entertaining fighter, but the fact of the matter is the guy has been severely overrated on this site. Any time he fights a top fighter he loses. He can keep beating lower level fighters and late replacements but the dude won't be the future champ most of you thought he'd be.

Also please stop making the Brown won because Silva gassed. He was breathing a bit heavy but like someone already stated Silva was still throwing with power until the end of the second. Brown took the life out of him, not failing at a RNC.

Awesome fight by both men, and a great win for Brown.

Silva gassed halfway through the 1st round, and it was pretty much a gimme from that point on. Before that he was dropped several times, and was even dropped by a gassed Silva in the 2nd. Neither guy deserves to be top 10.

Anyone who thinks he poses a challenge to Woodley, Lombard, Ellenberger, Condit, Lawler, or Hendricks is delusional

Edit: I forgot about Rory. Maybe Brown can out tough Rory.

The fuck? He didn't gas, motherfucker got his face beat in and was rocked from the failed rnc through the tko.

Christ man. Do people here really not know the difference of being gassed and being mind fucked from hits to the head?

7 wins in a row in the UFC, 6 by finish. He deserves his top ten spot.

And to say he stands no chance against those welterweights is ridiculous.

Shall I post all the threads predicting Brown would be demolished by Silva?

Silva gassed halfway through the 1st round, and it was pretty much a gimme from that point on. Before that he was dropped several times, and was even dropped by a gassed Silva in the 2nd. Neither guy deserves to be top 10.

Anyone who thinks he poses a challenge to Woodley, Lombard, Ellenberger, Condit, Lawler, or Hendricks is delusional

Edit: I forgot about Rory. Maybe Brown can out tough Rory.

It's funny how of all those, Rory is the one he can "out tough" meanwhile Rory only needed one hand to easily beat Ellenberger. Rory is fighting Ellenberger, Lawler, Maia, Woodley in less than a year. So easily out toughed he is. Rory swims with nothing but big fish. Matt Brown swims with little fish. You are another insecure American trying to pretend like Rory isn't as legit as any of those another top WW's and you are dead wrong. Rory will be the next fighting for the title.

Brown's the man, but personally I dont see him beating the likes of Condit, Lawler, Diaz etc. He'll get a #1 contender fight next and fail, IMO. Silva had some success early on, the guys I just mentioned wouldnt gas and would finish the job. They also have better chins than Silva.

It's funny how of all those, Rory is the one he can "out tough" meanwhile Rory only needed one hand to easily beat Ellenberger. Rory is fighting Ellenberger, Lawler, Maia, Woodley in less than a year. So easily out toughed he is. Rory swims with nothing but big fish. Matt Brown swims with little fish. You are another insecure American trying to pretend like Rory isn't as legit as any of those another top WW's and you are dead wrong. Rory will be the next fighting for the title.

Hey Rory, how you've been??

I don't give a shit if he's never gonna get a title. I like to watch him fight,

Back