To everyone praising Brown

People are excited becasue Matt Brown comes to fight and makes it exciting 99% of the time. Who cares if he gets smoked in a title fight or against a top 5. Can't we just be happy about a guy who pretty much always fights their ass off and has also been improving every fight?

Not on sherdog, no. If you are not a soulless, joyless fuckass, this is the wrong place for you.

I think it was a good win. I don't understand the hype behind Erick, I had never seen him fight and on what I saw tonight he's average at best. Brown to me also seems like an average fighter, he puts on a lot of pressure but Erick hit him quite easily and even took him down the same way. It was a good fight but they both looked like punching bags to me, more Erick of course, who also tired in the first round.

yea the guy comes back in his career to win 7 in a row, has one of the greatest career turnarounds ever tops it off with one of the greatest 1st round turnarounds ever and is just demolishing ppl obv deserves no praise.

infact, he deserves shame. SHAME!!!

Which one of those guys has 7 wins in a row in the UFC?

Lombard is on a scorching 2 fight win streak and his only win in the UFC over a top ten guy is Shields

Condit is coming off a loss. In fact he has lost 3 of his last 4 fights. Diaz, Rory and
Ellenberger are his only top 10 wins ((Kampman might be considered a top 10 as well)

Woodley is also on a scorching two fight win streak. Condit is his only top 10 win.

Lawler is coming off a loss. His only top ten win is Rory.

So yes these guys are higher ranked but none of them has much of a streak going.

Win or loose, those guys are facing each other, so naturally they would have some losses against each other, right?

He did not gas in the first... he fucking got his ass beat. It has a way of taking everything you have, out of you. Get out from behind that keyboard and learn you what an ass whoopin can do for your cardio.

Win or loose, those guys are facing each other, so naturally they would have some losses against each other, right?

Agreed but none of them have been able to put together a string of wins. Sure the competition is tough but who earns it more? A guy with 1 or 2 quality wins or a guy with 7 wins?

Only Jon Fitch has more consecutive wins in the UFC before getting a title shot (8) and he only beat two top 10 guys to get the shot, Alves and Sanchez. Both of which have always been borderline top ten at best.

It's one thing to lose a fight bro, it's another to gas before the 1st round is even over.

Silva went all out for the sub then immediately started getting his ass whooped the rest of the round after Brown got up. Most people would be a zombie after that round.

Man do I ever hate fun fighters! I better shit on Matt Brown because I don't think beating Silva means anything. Plus Silva was tired 10 seconds into the 1st rnd so this win means nothing.

People must hate watching fights with you!

Agreed but none of them have been able to put together a string of wins. Sure the competition is tough but who earns it more? A guy with 1 or 2 quality wins or a guy with 7 wins?

Only Jon Fitch has more consecutive wins in the UFC before getting a title shot (8) and he only beat two top 10 guys to get the shot, Alves and Sanchez. Both of which have always been borderline top ten at best.

Ok so let him beat one or two top ten guys like Fitch did. Come one dude, that's crazy talk. How in the world do you become the #1 contender without facing any of the top 10 contenders? That makes no sense. Maybe the other guys haven't put together 7 straight because the quality of opponent is higher?

Matt Brown deserves nothing but praise tonight. He's come a long long way through the hard times and the good. I have to celebrate him.

Silva gassed halfway through the 1st round, and it was pretty much a gimme from that point on. Before that he was dropped several times, and was even dropped by a gassed Silva in the 2nd. Neither guy deserves to be top 10.

Anyone who thinks he poses a challenge to Woodley, Lombard, Ellenberger, Condit, Lawler, or Hendricks is delusional

Edit: I forgot about Rory. Maybe Brown can out tough Rory.

Rory would finish brown if its a 5 rounder, plus he easily beat Ellenberger. Who apparently you think matt brown can't beat.
Rory is probably Matt Brown's worst matchup.

Last edited:
It was a fun fight.

Neither are relevant in the title picture, lets be honest.

Sherdog - where people can't just enjoy a ridiculously good fight without having to bitch about something..

Yes because those guys at the top only have those 1-2 quality wins... never mind the wins that got them to the top.

And yes, one or two quality wins is more deserving than 7 straight against scrubs, newcomers, and gatekeepers.

Silva gassed halfway through the 1st round, and it was pretty much a gimme from that point on. Before that he was dropped several times, and was even dropped by a gassed Silva in the 2nd. Neither guy deserves to be top 10.

Anyone who thinks he poses a challenge to Woodley, Lombard, Ellenberger, Condit, Lawler, or Hendricks is delusional

Edit: I forgot about Rory. Maybe Brown can out tough Rory.

Wow... He could maybe tough out Rory, but isn't top 10?

All of those guys should be favored, but to say he's not top 10 is ludicrous.

Back