To everyone praising Brown

he gassed cuz he got massively pressured and worked over. quit pretending like Silva just gassed randomly. I've seen all of his UFC fights. Silva can stop anyone.

People are excited becasue Matt Brown comes to fight and makes it exciting 99% of the time. Who cares if he gets smoked in a title fight or against a top 5. Can't we just be happy about a guy who pretty much always fights their ass off and has also been improving every fight?

Nah bro.

This is a sport now. It's all about stats and top 5 fighters.

People are excited becasue Matt Brown comes to fight and makes it exciting 99% of the time. Who cares if he gets smoked in a title fight or against a top 5. Can't we just be happy about a guy who pretty much always fights their ass off and has also been improving every fight?

There is no shortage of fighters who put on exciting fights, but 95% of them would never be considered elite.

And I made no mention of people liking Brown's style, but as usual, Sherdog overhypes everyone

Not top ten? Delusional. He's won 7 in a row! I don't care if they're not big names they still fought in the UFC! The only people tied or have longer streaks are UFC champions!

The TS obviously doesn't like Brown and is being kind of pathetic. We just watched an awesome fight and the first thing he does is come on here and try to bash it. Sad, bitter man.

You bitter Silva got trained by Brown. Brah lost some money, don't sleep on the Immortal.

Still not sold on someone who was 14-11 at one point. Not wanting to hear about a title shot until he faces any of the real contenders.

he gassed cuz he got massively pressured and worked over. quit pretending like Silva just gassed randomly. I've seen all of his UFC fights. Silva can stop anyone.

Silva was gassed by midway through the 1st round before Brown even did much work. It was shockingly bad cardio on Silva's part.

Amen he's a gatekeeper winning against people who shouldn't be in the ufc

You are absolutely clueless. Look at the records of Pyle, Thompson, and Mein. Those guys are all killers that were on winning streaks before fighting Brown, and continued winning after.

Any person claiming Matt Brown doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 is just mentally retarded.
He won in spectacular fashion tonight. Stop trolling and let Matt and his fans enjoy it.

I never get the Brown hate here lol.. Dude's exciting as hell and has been due for a crack at the top 5 through earning it but it seems like people here don't even wanna give him a chance

Brown won the fight by defending an RNC and getting up. Tells you something about Silva.

I can't believe anyone would not praise Brown after that.

What are you gonna do for your encore kick a puppy?

Still not sold on someone who was 14-11 at one point. Not wanting to hear about a title shot until he faces any of the real contenders.

Pretty much this. He still has zero top 10 wins. I get that he's exciting. But you have to be more than just exciting to crack the top 5

This sums it up.

I was a nae sayer for too long. Brown keeps beating people he shouldn't.

I'm a believer

Butthurt much? I haven't seen anyone praising him as the next champion. People praise him because he's fun to watch.

It's like sherdoggers have something against fighters having fans.

People will keep picking against him, and he will keep doing what Matt brown does.

Brown is accurate with his hands and has impressive cardio and aggressiveness.

However, I agree with the OP. If Silva had more than a round of cardio and something even remotely resembling a gameplan, Brown could have been easily finished.

Don't think Brown has much to offer guys like Rory, Woodley, Condit, and the like but he is exciting that's for sure.

Back