To everybody making excuses about why Lawler lost

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
USADA had nothing to do with the outcome.
He seemed a little nervous but nothing too noticeable.
And no, Condit did not take his soul and neither did Rory.

As predicted, Lawler's chin has taken so much punishment from the last fights that it has deteriorated enough to be cracked. It was a perfectly placed, explosive, strong punch from the brother and that's what happens sometimes.

Let's not act like Lawler was a dominating champion in the first place. He was gifted decisions and he barely did enough to beat the other contenders in Hendricks, MacDonald and Condit (in my opinion MacDonald and Condit were winning the fight anyway) - It was a matter of time when he would lose his belt, and most likely by getting knocked out.

He has been fighting for a long ass time and it was his time to step down from the throne. Simple as that.

This will be interesting because Tyron poses a different kind of threat to Thompson than what Lawler did. Super fast, strong, long reach and good wrestling/groundgame.

Get ready Diaz fans, your boy is going to get lit up next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a great performance on Woodley's part

credit tyrone

USADA may have been a factor or Condit beating him up could be but regardless he was just a placeholder champ. I think Wonderboy is the real king of 170, and we have all known that for a while. Imagine what he would have done to that chin.

He got punched in the face

What excuses? It was a good win for Woodley. I wanted Lawler to win but Woodley got him fair and square.

Are people already making excuses?

Anyway, further confirmation that GSP is WW GOAT. And thanks to USADA we know that infact that GSP is just plain ol' GOAT.

Some say he left to avoid testing because he was using PEDs. To them I say show me the proof because I can show the proof that Anderson was using and that JJ was using.

Post-USADA Lawler let this happen to duck Wonderboy, obviously.

Even before all of his war Hendricks had him dancing all over, don't you remember that? Woodley has ridiculous power which is why I thought Lawler would stay away for a minute or two. I just don't get why guys drop their guard to defend a takedown.

Have you checked some of the newly made threads?

If anything, those USADA threads, before and after the fight, were shitting on Lawler. You know, calling him a cheat

If anything, those USADA threads, before and after the fight, were shitting on Lawler. You know, calling him a cheat
I wouldn't be surprised if he has been/or is cheating but i'm not going to claim anything without legitimate proof.

Stop the chin talk, robbie was knocked out worse by nick and that was before his prime.

If a guy like woodly lands clean the fight is over. Period.

BS, TS. I doubt anyone in WW could have taken the bomb Woodley dropped.

What is all this crap about his chin being cracked? Woodley hit him with a piston, that would have KO'd any WW and probably most MW's. His power is insane- the only reason he didnt KO Condit is because Condit is a cyborg.
The concern should be if THAT shot cracked Robbie's chin

Lawler never fought any black dudes In the UFC I'm pretty sure

Tyron "Your Soul is Mine" Woodley is an animal on another level

Lawler looked scared in there. He was gun shy and knew about Woodleys power. He was asks what type of fight did you expect and he said thats what he expected. This is the problem with fighting someone you trained with

Perfectly placed bombs on your dome tend to have that outcome.

McGregor vs Aldo is the best example.

Or the first 10 seconds of Brown vs Ellenberger

What is all this crap about his chin being cracked? Woodley hit him with a piston, that would have KO'd any WW and probably most MW's. His power is insane- the only reason he didnt KO Condit is because Condit is a cyborg.
The concern should be if THAT shot cracked Robbie's chin
He would have knocked Lawler out eventually anyway.

Back