To cut or not to cut. Answer Quick Please!

wildcard_seven

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm about 177 right now, I just dropped down from 182 or so from running outside (its hot). Here's my question. I'm no wrestler, I've only done one submission grappling tournament and I fought at 179 and did ok. I am thinking to drop to 169.9. I'm 6'3" and about 11% body fat naturally, I'm no fatass. Its not like I weigh in the day before where I would have 24 hrs. to rehydrate and eat, like a pro MMA fight or something. I weigh in the morning of the competition (tomorrow morning), and thereafter I have no clue how long I will have to replenish myself. Considering its not too late to go either way, what do I do?

not if its the same day. thats what i did and i gassed out in my second match.

I wouldn't cut man. I've seen people do that and it affected their performance.

Save your energy. Cutting 8 pounds will kill your stamina tomorrow. If you were going to cut, you should have done it at least two weeks ago. Keep that in mind for next time. You do not want to be running to make weight the morning of the fight. I saw it alot in wrestling and I watched alot of those guys gas out.

If it was only 2 or 3 pounds I'd say go for it, but 8 pounds is a shit load for the day of the event.

Good luck though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back