To cup or not cup

Wearing a cup is not as bad or uncomfortable as people are saying, at least in my own experience. I wore one for the first year that I trained and had no problems. I felt I needed it because I took one to the crotch when my opponent was passing and figured better safe than sorry.

Somewhere down the road I just stopped wearing it. I've been going cup-less for the past year and a half and have not had any incidents.

Wear it if it gives you peace of mind.

With regard to the balls of steel comments, I thought I did too until this injury.

And it hurt badly at the time, but that's not the part that bothered me-- it's the fact that my right nut has just been sore for a few days now.

But yeah, I'm ambivalent about the cup too y'all.

they should make custom cups. taht would be a great idea.

Hey I asked this in another thread, but it is more relevant here. I am in a similar situation with you TS as I never wore a cup during wrestling but am considering wearing one for jiu jitsu.

My main problem is that despite getting the correct size, it seems to move around to much. I have yet to wear one during practice, but just trying it on it does not feel like it's secure. Also it bulges out... a lot it kind of looks ridiculous, despite having shorts on it looks like I have a raging boner going on.

I might catch some shit for this, but the most comfortable and stable cup I've ever worn (and the one I wear now) is a Twins Steel Cup. I wear boxer briefs, the cup on top of that, then compression shorts to add some more stability.

I use the shock doctor one. They're very comfortable. And who cares how they look? Of course they're going to bulge a bit. I don't know how you NOT wear a cup.

And when you armbar someone you're basically having to squish their hand/arm into your cock and balls. Ever think how that might make someone uncomfortable?

no cups here...

you cant use them on competition by the way.

Wear one for the sake of your training partners, unless you are fucking them.

I played rugby and football for years and never wore one, don't really have a reason why, and never wore one for boxing training (had to wear one in comp), but when I started at the school I am now (for Muay Thai) I was told I had to get one, which made sense, with the increased risk of kicks to the groin.

I have since started grappling, and after asking around, found that most everyone else there prefers if I wear one, and not so much from the 'ick' factor, but because they are otherwise concerned about injuring me, so I am going to go with, wear a cup.

No cup here. I wear a jock, and compression shorts. No jiggling. No pain.

I have one but never wear it when rolling with a gi. I just wear compression shorts and I have not had any problems. I have had my elbow tweaked pretty bad by someone else wearing a cup when they went for an armbar.

i used to use one as a white belt, saved my children many times. Now that I am a senior belt, I can control the movement and keep it away from jewels. The occasional shot comes along some times!

I used to not wear one until I got took a pretty hard shot to the boys.

They don't inhibit my movement at all. Once I got used to it, there's really no reason to not wear one.

It doesn't matter if there's a big bulge or not. People know its not a boner, and that its obviously a cup.

It doesn't matter if you can't wear them in competition, you should protect your nuts any chance you can. Almost everyone spends way more time on the mat in class then the 5-10 minute increments of mat time in competitions anyways.

People keep saying "well I've been luck so far" but remember, it only takes one time to send you to the hospital (like ballerbrawler).

I used to not wear one until I got took a pretty hard shot to the boys.

They don't inhibit my movement at all. Once I got used to it, there's really no reason to not wear one.

It doesn't matter if there's a big bulge or not. People know its not a boner, and that its obviously a cup.

It doesn't matter if you can't wear them in competition, you should protect your nuts any chance you can. Almost everyone spends way more time on the mat in class then the 5-10 minute increments of mat time in competitions anyways.

People keep saying "well I've been luck so far" but remember, it only takes one time to send you to the hospital (like ballerbrawler).

This.

Back