To Bones haters re: rehab...

It sounded like a good idea, until he got there and experienced it, and it got real. Rehab is challenging, and isn't for one who is resistant to taking an honest look at oneself and ones' flaws, even if one is just abusing drugs, and isn't addicted to them.

Cocaine is a narcotic.

duh.. I meant barbiturates, opiates, alcohol... you know stuff where you get withdrawals and sick from...

I did cocaine every single day when I was 18-21 and then just quit with 0 problem... like it didn't even matter.

duh.. I meant barbiturates, opiates, alcohol... you know stuff where you get withdrawals and sick from...

I did cocaine every single day when I was 18-21 and then just quit with 0 problem... like it didn't even matter.

oh u only you meant barbiturates, opiates, alcohol...in that case don't include narcotics duh.

Also it may not be addictive to you, but that is not the case for everyone. seriously.

Cocaine is a narcotic.

Narcotic means opiate, drugs that are made from the opium poppy, or are synthesized to work similarly (morphine, codeine, OxyContin and Percocet (oxycodone), hydrocodone drugs (like Vicodin and Norco) and Heroin, etc). Cocaine is not a narcotic.

Narcotic means opiate, drugs that are made from the opium poppy, or are synthesized to work similarly (morphine, codeine, OxyContin and Percocet (oxycodone), hydrocodone drugs (like Vicodin and Norco) and Heroin, etc). Cocaine is not a narcotic.

"Statutory classification of a drug as a narcotic often increases the penalties for violation of drug control statutes. For example, although federal law classifies both cocaine and amphetamine as "Schedule II" drugs, the penalty for possession of cocaine is greater than the penalty for possession of amphetamines because cocaine, unlike amphetamines, is classified as a narcotic"

First and foremost what NOBODY on Sherdog seems to recognize is "intricacies" within drug treatment centers.

Well, I've seen a few knowledgeable posters, including myself. I just try to keep it in layman speak.
1. Inpatient vs outpatient treatment! Nationwide over 80% of the addicts go through outpatient treatment. Less than 20% enter inpatient facilities.
Yep, it would be almost impossible to assess Jones as needing inpatient tx seeing as how high functioning he is. However if home environment, celebrityhood, etc was chaotic enough they might recommend some length of inpatient.
2. The national waiting time for a bed in an inpatient treatment rehab is roughly a month.
Nope, you got the money...they got a bed somewhere.
3. Detox ALWAYS precedes recovery treatment.
Not necessarily. Depends on when his last use was and how much evaluation they have to do.
OK, Even if Jon considers himself one of the top 20 percentile most serious addicts, and is intending on doing a 30 day inpatient stint and has applied for a bed he will likely not be able to be admitted until mid February.

I could get you in treatment today if you have the means.

oh u only you meant barbiturates, opiates, alcohol...in that case don't include narcotics duh.

Also it may not be addictive to you, but that is not the case for everyone. seriously.

I am just talking about the FACT that cocaine is not physically addictive... you might really want to do some more coke but you aren't going to get sick if you quit... you can die from alcohol withdrawal...

you don't need a bed and a group of people making sure you make it through withdrawal... you just don't do it...

my bad narcotic isn't even a scientific term ... it just means a drug that is controlled and illegal... so don't be a prick.

I don't think that Jones is an Addict at all. I think that he may use from time to time but he's not an addict. I think the entire rehab for cocain is just a smokescreen for the possible PED use. I know that the NSAC has stated that additional test were done but the NSAC isn't exactly a trust worthy organization. Just the way that they have handled this whole thing leaves a lot of question on the table that no one is asking.

I think that is the reason why he entered and left rehab early. Just my opinion.

im glad you know jon well enough to speculate that he's going down a darker path. you should be a psychiatrist

Holy shit, dude. A misinterpretation of a misrepresentation and a misquote... What is that? Moron to the power of three?

10923212_10153111952215774_4472152591624209634_n.jpg

[YT]q2fimuAhlE4[/YT]

Last edited:
Jones just probably snorts likeonce a month or something if someone has it. Would you want to go to rehab for that?

inb4 gets smoked by gus

"oh pre drug addiction jj would destroy gustafsson"

While I agree, it just comes to show how Zuffa and the AC were wrong in not having any punishment set for Coke.

Now what?

If anything, it showed Jon that he can virtually do no wrong, and that Zuffa will back him. (like a spoiled kid that the parents refuse to put him in time out, he does not learn his limits).

I wish Jon's fans would appreciate the gravity of this situation, and instead of claiming he's not addicted or that we should not care if he takes drugs (since it appears to be allowed OOC), they should be on Jon's case and make sure he gets the treatment he needs!

I'm with you entirely. I doesn't matter if he qualifies as an addict or not. I'm a huge fan and I'll be pissed if he doesn't get a significant suspension from the UFC. The commission may be powerless, but Zuffa is a private entity, can't they suspend anyone they like for any reason?

Non-addicts who get busted doing drugs should suffer consequences because you only get caught if you're too stupid or too wasted to hold it together. Addicts who get caught should suffer consequences for those same reasons, but also because they've got horrible health problems that require coercion for treatment because they are direct, active threats to the safety of themselves and others.

inb4 gets smoked by gus

"oh pre drug addiction jj would destroy gustafsson"

LOL.

What about the other side of the coin... Sober JBJ would have destroyed Fedor and PRIDE Shogun at the same time.

Jones just probably snorts likeonce a month or something if someone has it. Would you want to go to rehab for that?

There's a zillion comments like this but I dig yours because it's concise and reasonable.

But I don't agree because speculation like "snorts once a month" is exactly as valuable as speculation that he's a full-blown addict. And, in the case of addiction, when people can only guess at the truth, the right thing to do, the good thing to do, is err on the side of caution.

If there really is no fire where the smoke is coming from we'll find out soon enough. In the meantime let's assume there is a fire rather than risk the thing getting totally out of hand.

I wish Jon's fans would appreciate the gravity of this situation, and instead of claiming he's not addicted or that we should not care if he takes drugs (since it appears to be allowed OOC), they should be on Jon's case and make sure he gets the treatment he needs!

I gotta say, as a fan of Jon Jones, that I like to see him fight and I don't know the situation is grave at all, so I can't possibly grasp it without that information.

All I know is had taken coke in December of 2014 and that he's been beating every ass handed to him and is the best in the world.

As a fan, I want to see him fight. If he doesn't feel he needs treatment but instead wants to beat more ass for me to watch, UNLESS I GET INFORMATION STRONG ENOUGH TO MAKE ME WORRY ABOUT HIS HEALTH MORE THAN ENJOY HIS FIGHTS, I want to see him fight again ASAP.

Gustafffsssonnn (sp?), bring it on son!

I don't think that Jones is an Addict at all. I think that he may use from time to time but he's not an addict. I think the entire rehab for cocain is just a smokescreen for the possible PED use. Just my opinion.

Can you explain how you arrived at that opinion? Serious question.

Back