1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

To Bones haters re: rehab...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by sohocanaan22, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Cake4Breakfast Gold Belt

It sounded like a good idea, until he got there and experienced it, and it got real. Rehab is challenging, and isn't for one who is resistant to taking an honest look at oneself and ones' flaws, even if one is just abusing drugs, and isn't addicted to them.

2. jko1355 Purple Belt

duh.. I meant barbiturates, opiates, alcohol... you know stuff where you get withdrawals and sick from...

I did cocaine every single day when I was 18-21 and then just quit with 0 problem... like it didn't even matter.

3. straight6 Black Belt

oh u only you meant barbiturates, opiates, alcohol...in that case don't include narcotics duh.

Also it may not be addictive to you, but that is not the case for everyone. seriously.

4. Cake4Breakfast Gold Belt

Narcotic means opiate, drugs that are made from the opium poppy, or are synthesized to work similarly (morphine, codeine, OxyContin and Percocet (oxycodone), hydrocodone drugs (like Vicodin and Norco) and Heroin, etc). Cocaine is not a narcotic.

5. straight6 Black Belt

"Statutory classification of a drug as a narcotic often increases the penalties for violation of drug control statutes. For example, although federal law classifies both cocaine and amphetamine as "Schedule II" drugs, the penalty for possession of cocaine is greater than the penalty for possession of amphetamines because cocaine, unlike amphetamines, is classified as a narcotic"

6. MaTaLa #ConorFold Banned

Deserves Got Nothing To Do With It, Unfortunately
    Well, I've seen a few knowledgeable posters, including myself. I just try to keep it in layman speak.
    Yep, it would be almost impossible to assess Jones as needing inpatient tx seeing as how high functioning he is. However if home environment, celebrityhood, etc was chaotic enough they might recommend some length of inpatient.
    Nope, you got the money...they got a bed somewhere.
    Not necessarily. Depends on when his last use was and how much evaluation they have to do.
    I could get you in treatment today if you have the means.

7. jko1355 Purple Belt

I am just talking about the FACT that cocaine is not physically addictive... you might really want to do some more coke but you aren't going to get sick if you quit... you can die from alcohol withdrawal...

you don't need a bed and a group of people making sure you make it through withdrawal... you just don't do it...

8. jko1355 Purple Belt

my bad narcotic isn't even a scientific term ... it just means a drug that is controlled and illegal... so don't be a prick.

9. ltfightfan Purple Belt

I don't think that Jones is an Addict at all. I think that he may use from time to time but he's not an addict. I think the entire rehab for cocain is just a smokescreen for the possible PED use. I know that the NSAC has stated that additional test were done but the NSAC isn't exactly a trust worthy organization. Just the way that they have handled this whole thing leaves a lot of question on the table that no one is asking.

I think that is the reason why he entered and left rehab early. Just my opinion.

10. Pr0digy I Feed Keys to Retards (⌐■_■)

lol, true.

11. sohocanaan22 Blue Belt

Holy shit, dude. A misinterpretation of a misrepresentation and a misquote... What is that? Moron to the power of three?

12. Weidman Still my booooy!

[​IMG]

[YT]q2fimuAhlE4[/YT]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  13. Mixedfights Silver Belt

Jones just probably snorts likeonce a month or something if someone has it. Would you want to go to rehab for that?

14. Toco Steel Belt

inb4 gets smoked by gus

"oh pre drug addiction jj would destroy gustafsson"

15. sohocanaan22 Blue Belt

I'm with you entirely. I doesn't matter if he qualifies as an addict or not. I'm a huge fan and I'll be pissed if he doesn't get a significant suspension from the UFC. The commission may be powerless, but Zuffa is a private entity, can't they suspend anyone they like for any reason?

Non-addicts who get busted doing drugs should suffer consequences because you only get caught if you're too stupid or too wasted to hold it together. Addicts who get caught should suffer consequences for those same reasons, but also because they've got horrible health problems that require coercion for treatment because they are direct, active threats to the safety of themselves and others.

16. sohocanaan22 Blue Belt

LOL.

What about the other side of the coin... Sober JBJ would have destroyed Fedor and PRIDE Shogun at the same time.

17. sohocanaan22 Blue Belt

There's a zillion comments like this but I dig yours because it's concise and reasonable.

But I don't agree because speculation like "snorts once a month" is exactly as valuable as speculation that he's a full-blown addict. And, in the case of addiction, when people can only guess at the truth, the right thing to do, the good thing to do, is err on the side of caution.

If there really is no fire where the smoke is coming from we'll find out soon enough. In the meantime let's assume there is a fire rather than risk the thing getting totally out of hand.

18. mudrubble Gold Belt

I gotta say, as a fan of Jon Jones, that I like to see him fight and I don't know the situation is grave at all, so I can't possibly grasp it without that information.

All I know is had taken coke in December of 2014 and that he's been beating every ass handed to him and is the best in the world.

As a fan, I want to see him fight. If he doesn't feel he needs treatment but instead wants to beat more ass for me to watch, UNLESS I GET INFORMATION STRONG ENOUGH TO MAKE ME WORRY ABOUT HIS HEALTH MORE THAN ENJOY HIS FIGHTS, I want to see him fight again ASAP.

Gustafffsssonnn (sp?), bring it on son!

19. sohocanaan22 Blue Belt

Can you explain how you arrived at that opinion? Serious question.

20. mudrubble Gold Belt

Sherdog stylee. That's not a sherdog question at all....