1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

To Bones haters re: rehab...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by sohocanaan22, Jan 15, 2015.

1. cumafish Silver Belt

the word "relapse" assumes he is actually trying to quit.

2. Paynebringer Titanium Ape Planet Belt... Always Defend ♠♠♠

I wish all the addicts in my old neighborhood were as together, successful, and well adjusted as Jon. Hell I just may start using cocaine to get myself that together.

3. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

I wouldn't say addict cause I have seen addicts due to the nature of my job and Jones doesn't fit the appearances at least (course, the addicts I see are usually meth or heroin).

THAT said though I would assume he at the very least has a problem.

4. Hfxtc Green Belt

Yep and with the blessing of Zuffa's crew.

5. sohocanaan22 Blue Belt

LOL!

I'm actually impressed by some of the cluelessness on here. It's so amazingly pure and pristine, it kind of reminds me of fantastic coke.

But Jones aside, a well-intended fyi:

Assume you have a friend or loved one who is perfectly open and seemingly chill about drinking/partying for fun. But also assume his previous few years include a late-night DUI crash, a swirl of rumors of coke use, recent/current erratic behavior, and a failed drug test for cocaine--however obscure and unintentional.

If that person checks into rehab for any reason AT ALL. Whether it be because he thinks it will help his image; or he hopes to get laid a bunch; or he has valid motivation... Departure after one day is a NET NEGATIVE sign and a cause for your concern first and foremost. Disdain can follow based on circumstances.

6. cumafish Silver Belt

I would agree that anyone using hard drugs while preparing for a title fight most likely has a problem. He may do better in an out-patient type of counseling environment than a lockdown rehab facility

7. Satanicgoatmin White Belt

This. Who cares.

8. Das Werm Green Belt

Zuffa: 'Enact damage conrol' Jon, Get to rehab and show you are sorry
    JJ: 'Yeah OK will do'
    One night in rehab.
    JJ: 'This is bullshit, I don't even have a prob. I'm out!'

That is my bet on how it went down. Pure conjecture.

9. MaTaLa #ConorFold Banned

Deserves Got Nothing To Do With It, Unfortunately
    I know, right? If this is his BOTTOM...he's doing aight.

10. efalk1322 Silver Belt

im glad you know jon well enough to speculate that he's going down a darker path. you should be a psychiatrist

11. MaTaLa #ConorFold Banned

Deserves Got Nothing To Do With It, Unfortunately
    As is everyone else's.

12. Tsar Brown Belt

i highly doubt he's an addict while retaining a championship belt, beating guys like cormier.

he was embarrassed and did what he thought he should, then he probably found he couldn't handle staying in a facility for a month or whatever and took off.

i assume he's just irresponsible and young and fake.

13. Shaddows Steel Belt

While I agree, it just comes to show how Zuffa and the AC were wrong in not having any punishment set for Coke.

Now what?

If anything, it showed Jon that he can virtually do no wrong, and that Zuffa will back him. (like a spoiled kid that the parents refuse to put him in time out, he does not learn his limits).

I wish Jon's fans would appreciate the gravity of this situation, and instead of claiming he's not addicted or that we should not care if he takes drugs (since it appears to be allowed OOC), they should be on Jon's case and make sure he gets the treatment he needs!

14. screaminleeman Red Belt

First and foremost what NOBODY on Sherdog seems to recognize is "intricacies" within drug treatment centers.

I can help ever so slightly, but ignoramuses won't listen.

1. Inpatient vs outpatient treatment! Nationwide over 80% of the addicts go through outpatient treatment. Less than 20% enter inpatient facilities.

2. The national waiting time for a bed in an inpatient treatment rehab is roughly a month.

3. Detox ALWAYS precedes recovery treatment.

OK, Even if Jon considers himself one of the top 20 percentile most serious addicts, and is intending on doing a 30 day inpatient stint and has applied for a bed he will likely not be able to be admitted until mid February.

15. MilkDaFunkyCow Orange Belt

Wouldn't a celebrity or important figure be able to bypass the waiting period? If I ran a rehab clinic, I'd certainly put priority on high profile patients.

16. jko1355 Purple Belt

Cocaine isn't even physically addictive... you can just quit cold turkey you don't need rehab... rehab is for stuff like alcohol and barbituates... stuff that makes you sick and crazy if you don't have it.. You guys are all goofs.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  17. Count Zero Twisting Nether

Or it could be that he really is just a recreational user without a problem, and he either just doesn't realize or doesn't care that leaving after one day is gonna make people leap to conclusions.

This is coming from a, yes, Bones hater. I've maintained from the start I believe he doesn't have a "problem" (although of course we don't know)

18. straight6 Black Belt

Cocaine is a narcotic.

19. trblesome1 Silver Belt

Too many people pulling assumptions out of their ass

I know many people who do coke from time to time who are not addicts although personally i do not get involved, chances are thing is occasional use

If the dude was a full blown coke addict he wouldn't be the #1 p4p fighter in the world

20. Count Zero Twisting Nether

Although I don't work with the rehab facilities directly in my job, I do help a lot of people get into them. The impression I get is that the long wait lists are skewed by the facilities that offer a sliding fee scale / payment subsidies, or accept medicaid / medicare ... if you can afford to pay straight up, yeah, just like with most things in life - money opens doors