To Bones haters re: rehab...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by sohocanaan22, Jan 15, 2015.

1. sohocanaan22

sohocanaan22 Blue Belt

I know it's hard but try to throw the dude some compassion and support. Leaving rehab after one day is a very bad sign.

The PR smoke-screen theory about rehab no longer holds water. If he knew enough, and was calculating enough, to use rehab as a scam/cover-up, he also would have been well aware that leaving after only one day would make the original PR nightmare a thousand times worse.

A massive number of addicts who enter treatment leave almost immediately. It is a common and accurate indicator of lousy things to come. Jones' mom's opinions should certainly be respected and honored, but not considered relevant to any medical questions.

By any statistical measure of legitimate treatment of addiction, the only safe assumption is that he is headed for further, deeper trouble.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  2. griffithberserk

griffithberserk The Ultimate Sacrifice

Who knows how bad into it he really is...he's still winning fights rather convincingly. But if he doesnt stop itll only get worse before it gets better...time will tell

3. Lovetap

Lovetap Brown Belt

I have a relative who is an addict (heroin) and I agree. The problem with being rich and a drug addict is that you don't hit that natural rock bottom where you are addicted but no longer have the cash to sustain the habit. More than likely by the time you get caught you have been on it for many months if not years. Leaving rehab in a day is probably a very bad sign. One week at the bare minimum if not a month would be the bare minimum.

4. vkram

vkram Brown Belt

Have the news actually been confirmed? Could it be that he is leaving for the game and is gonna come back after?

5. Satanicgoatmin

Satanicgoatmin White Belt

Dude probably just went out partying for a night. What would you do if you were making that kind of money? At least he isn't beating his kids. Pissed clean after the fight, who cares.

6. biscuitsbrah

biscuitsbrah Black Belt

Yup. If it was a PR stunt then he would have stayed at least a month.
    Sounds like hes in denial that he has an addiction

7. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

I don't like Bones and think him getting busted for snorting coke is fucking hilarious and that only being in rehab one day smells HUGELY of PR to keep people at bay but it was outpatient wasn't it? Which means it's basically completely voluntary and he can leave when he wants.

8. ShoelessRye

ShoelessRye Gold Belt

He doesn't believe he has a problem, maybe he doesn't, maybe he does. It would be like a social drinker forced into a AA meeting and feeling wholly out of place. He should just come out and say that it wasn't the right place for him, that he doesn't have a problem like the folks in there did and he was wasting everybodies time even going. He shouldn't have even went in the first place - it was a silly PR/CYA attempt and leaving after one day backfires it ten fold.

9. straight6

straight6 Black Belt

DW and the UFC

" I am proud of Jon Jones for making the decision to enter a drug treatment facility...

" we expect him to fight this issue with the same poise and diligence. We commend him on his decision, and look forward to him emerging from this program a better man as a result.”

And JJ checks out the rehab after just one day lol...what a fking slap in the face to the ufc. The whole situation is handled like a joke LMAO

10. cumafish

cumafish Silver Belt

Just cuz he popped for Coke does not mean he's an addict.
    Rehab "can" work for addicts that are willing to change, doesn't work well for casual users that get caught.

11. griffithberserk

There's been buzz in the MMA community for a few years now about his use of cocaine...I highly doubt it was just him out "partying for a night"

12. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

The odds of him getting nailed for coke after trying it just once are crazy. That plus weren't there little whispers and rumors of this for at least the past 2 years? Just random stories of people going "yeah, I saw Jon doe blahblah" or "I did blahblah with Jones"

13. Pr0digy

Pr0digy I Feed Keys to Retards (⌐■_■)

It is pretty bad, you know he'll probably relapse.

14. jonathan274

jonathan274 Firefly Belt

Wait. You are asking Sherdog posters to show compassion? :icon_neut

15. straight6

straight6 Black Belt

Dana and Lorenzo must be freakin pissed that Jones pulled this one day rehab stunt literally like 24hrs after ufc made the official statement of we support jon for going into rehab and jones situation and personal well being is more important than the image of ufc blah blah blah... Lorenzo and DW would of loved for JJ to stay 1 month and come out to make an official "PR" statement to the public, and let this thing blow over since ufc was too afraid (very rare) to do anything to a fighter (Jones.)

they cant do nothing about it as jones is not controllable and definitely not a company yes man lol. So for all you zuffa lovers, no need to support JJ in this case, he is giving dana more than enough problems.

16. mma midwest fan

mma midwest fan Purple Belt

17. MaTaLa

MaTaLa #ConorFold Double Yellow Card

Deserves Got Nothing To Do With It, Unfortunately
    Has anyone seen a source for where he left against medical/professional advice or recommendations??

18. griffithberserk

I see what you did there :icon_chee

19. mma midwest fan

mma midwest fan Purple Belt

There is no source. It is all based on a local TV interview with Jon's mom and she didn't comment on whether his leaving was in agreement with professional recommendations.

20. cumafish

cumafish Silver Belt

I am sure he did it more than once, unless he has extremely bad luck.
    But to assume he is an "addict" based solely on a failed drug test is as ridiculous as stating that every person that gets a DUI is an alcoholic.