To be fair to Conor, Khabib made everyone tap...

Its not that Conor has especially bad defense its that people think he basically gave up his neck to Khabib and Nate looking for a way out.

At least GSP vs Serra or Shogun vs Jones really had the shit beaten out of them before tapping.

Im genuinely shocked that there are basically no Khabib threads at all anymore other than Conor threads. Its like nobody even remembers him anymore what happened to all his fans did they retire too?

Very simple.

Unlike Conor and some of his fans we aren't attention whores.

Khabib fans aren't salty and have no reason to be.

Like the man himself, we're just chilling and kicking back now.

But not in .0003 second and submission that khabib was ATTEMPTING and not even sunk in.
When Conor first arrived in UFC, I was an instant supporter. This has nothing to do with his fighting but as his character was outed, I became an instant detractor.

As my uncle enzo used to preach : A man who lacks character & honor is like an onion. You peel back enough layers and you'll start to cry.

Conors character is like his cage heart. Theres not much to see.

" win or learn " ok ??

Last edited:
Al Iaquinta didn't tap. Tho he lost convincingly.

It would be an interesting fight these two If McNugget gassed in a 5 rounder.

Al's got a super solid chin.

He threw a fit and retired so he wouldn't have to fight at UFC 200

That counts in my book

Also I'd say trying to hand pick guys like Diego Sanchez is worst than pulling out of fights. Injuries can happen and fighters have no say. Guys like Conor were trying to cherry pick brain damaged 40 year olds.

Sadly this era became defined by Conor/Khabib. A loud mouth vs a true martial artist. It should have been Khabib vs Tony. Two true martial artist in every romantic sense, like Fedor vs CroCop was
I dont think it is sad. I think its a story with a beautiful ending.
The differences between Khabib and Conor brought more strife,but that also makes it as compelling as anything else. The stakes are raised.

Difference is, Dustin, Gaethje aren't calling themselves GOAT's.

Conor is with an average ground game.

Gaethje and Dustin won shitty interim titles

Conor starched the FW GOAT Aldo in 13 seconds when nobody believed he would.

Then he went up a weightclass and SMOKED Alvarez easier and more beautifully than anybody else

Gaethje and Dustin won shitty interim titles

Conor starched the FW GOAT Aldo in 13 seconds when nobody believed he would.

Then he went up a weightclass and SMOKED Alvarez easier and more beautifully than anybody else

Are you still bringing up Alvarez because that was 4 years ago and his last LW win?

All 3 still tapped. I'm the only one talking facts here.

Are you still bringing up Alvarez because that was 4 years ago and his last LW win?

All 3 still tapped. I'm the only one talking facts here.

Who gives a shit when it happened.

If we close the book on those three fighters right now Conor's accomplishments were more impressive.

Who gives a shit when it happened.

If we close the book on those three fighters right now Conor's accomplishments were more impressive.

Out of the 3 yes. No-one was disputing that? None are in a GOAT discussion though.

Conor's BJJ looked better against Khabib than Poirier's or Gaethje's. Overall, despite Dustin's guillotine attempt. A very good scramble to begin the fight as well. Conor has a natural feel for grappling, even if he's playing catch-up to those who have done it since they were kids.

In that sense a rematch is a positive. Conor has shown he will keep evolving as a fighter. He's not a guy to plateau, like he talks about other fighters having.

But I think the gap between Khabib's and Conor's grappling is too much to catch up. Not enough time and lack of experience to close it. Also a smaller frame than Khabib's. That's a big deal if you've watched the AKA training vids. In that sense a rematch is pointless.

Last edited:
Sure other people tap.

Who coined the phrase "panic wrestler"

Who then went on to become one.

Who has more retirements than belts or defenses.

Who fabricated stories of bad camps and injuries.

There's a distinction between those who tap in the fight, and those who keep on tapping after the fight is over.
How can you say if he fabricated it you fuckin goof

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
HECRjBFu-Rindio.gif

VS

PoisedAstonishingFlyingfox-size_restricted.gif
WiltedRegularGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

I know which occasion i'd pick.

Justin was said to be the one neutralizing (lmao) all of Khabib’s grappling, but instead Khabib felt comfortable enough to play jiujitsu and toy with him. Didn’t even feel that he had to punch the guy. Knife through butter.

Justin’s performance was horrendous, as was Poirier’s, and fanboys can’t stop arguing who had the least worst performance. Lmao.

he tapped to a neck crank. that's very different to tapping to a armbar/kneebar. much, much puss-ier to tap to a neck crank.

it's not like Khabib's literally a bear who can rip your head off. Holly wouldn't tap

Justin was said to be the one neutralizing (lmao) all of Khabib’s grappling, but instead Khabib felt comfortable enough to play jiujitsu and toy with him. Didn’t even feel that he had to punch the guy. Knife through butter.

Justin’s performance was horrendous, as was Poirier’s, and fanboys can’t stop arguing who had the least worst performance. Lmao.
It was, but if you have 0 chance of beating someone, then surely the most pain-free and quick is the best way to come out of it.. If you had to pick between getting subbed in round 2 and being okay after it, or getting your jaw rocked, smashed, and submitted surely you'd pick the prior?

What makes you think i'm a fan? Justin, Conor, Dustin are all around the same level of decent in my list of preferred fighters, They all shat the bed though. That's the thing with these played out Conor/Khabib threads, you put your opinion down everyone automatically assumes your on a side even if you're not, no room for nuance.

Back